Too Early 2020 Season Prediction Thread

BayRaider

32 minutes ago, notthatbluestuff said:

Like I said right away; I don't care. 

That’s a huge discrepancy though. Like, there’s no way there’s that many non-bad teams. There will be a lot of 4-12’s and 511’s. There is at least 7 teams every year with 5 or less wins usually. 

18 hours ago, NYJets4716 said:

The defense is a #1 cb and edge away from elite status.

That is tough to just dismiss on top of all the other credible stuff you mentioned. I like the Joe Douglas direction of the Jets so far, but like you said, a bit of an uphill climb in 2020.

9 minutes ago, Danger said:

I think Dallas is still the favorite to win the division this year, but it's probably that their defense is really really bad. They're gonna have to be putting up 35 points a game.

I think that secondary is gonna give up a lot of points. 

4 minutes ago, Warhorse said:

Interesting

As much flak as Bob gets, he’s still one of the best offensive minds in the game. Yes, he’s a horrible GM and horribly conservative. But as a pure offensive coach, he’s great. 

Plus Watson is a Top 7 QB. 

Ross Blacklock was a Top 20 Player in the draft for me that they got at #40. 

1 minute ago, BayRaider said:

As much flak as Bob gets, he’s still one of the best offensive minds in the game. Yes, he’s a horrible GM and horribly conservative. But as a pure offensive coach, he’s great. 

Plus Watson is a Top 7 QB. 

Ross Blacklock was a Top 20 Player in the draft for me that they got at #40. 

So how do you feel each team did from last season as far as either improving or weakening their team?

On 4/25/2020 at 4:35 AM, BayRaider said:

This is going to be a really good division. No scrubs, that's for sure. IMO this will be the last year that the Chiefs are dominant, they are about to be in cap hell and also lose Chris Jones.

Agreed about the division.

Chiefs are definitely not going into cap hell or losing Chris Jones. This year he'll have to make his franchise tag total. But next year we have 68+mil in space and can free up more. In 2022 we currently have 147+mil. We'll be just fine and can keep our core intact.

21 minutes ago, kingseanjohn said:

Agreed about the division.

Chiefs are definitely not going into cap hell or losing Chris Jones. This year he'll have to make his franchise tag total. But next year we have 68+mil in space and can free up more. In 2022 we currently have 147+mil. We'll be just fine and can keep our core intact.

Mahomes large contract is coming. No team has fared very well after paying their QB top dollar lately. Most have dwindled down to wildcard territory, or even 8-8 purgatory. You have ARod/Packers but majority agree that was the worst 13-3 all time, and expect major regression this season. 

Edited by BayRaider

32 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Mahomes large contract is coming. No team has fared very well after paying their QB top dollar lately. Most have dwindled down to wildcard territory, or even 8-8 purgatory. You have ARod/Packers but majority agree that was the worst 13-3 all time, and expect major regression this season. 

I disagree with this as well. 20 of 22 Super Bowl starters are returning. The team is largely the same team that played last year. With shortened, or simply non-existent, UTAs and training camp, I think the consistency will be extremely helpful. Rookies are going to have a real learning curve this year which doesn't bode well for them.

That said I like what all three other AFC West teams did for the most part. I still think LA will underachieve, the Broncos still don't have an OL, and the Raiders have improved but I don't think Carr is the answer.

1 hour ago, kingseanjohn said:

I disagree with this as well. 20 of 22 Super Bowl starters are returning. The team is largely the same team that played last year. With shortened, or simply non-existent, UTAs and training camp, I think the consistency will be extremely helpful. Rookies are going to have a real learning curve this year which doesn't bode well for them.

That said I like what all three other AFC West teams did for the most part. I still think LA will underachieve, the Broncos still don't have an OL, and the Raiders have improved but I don't think Carr is the answer.

That's funny, have you seen KC's Oline ??? 

2 hours ago, Cutler06 said:

That's funny, have you seen KC's Oline ??? 

If you think he's wrong why not straighten him out? The whole "I know you are but what am I" thing is not it lol

Very solid LT, LG the weaker spot unless Rankins come back from injury and plays how he did prior to said injury,  Decent C, Decent but injury-prone RG, Arguably the best RT in the game. Added some decent competition, especially on the iol.

Sooo... what wrong with KC's Oline? 

Edited by Chiefs_5627