Day 3 of 2020 Draft (New thread because Heinz D wanted one)

CBears019

20 minutes ago, CBears019 said:

First Packers pick I actually like.

The Love pick is genius. You really didn't like that for them?

16 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Been away from this thread for a few hours. So much anger... 

I want to word this carefully, as I don't have any vitriol from your post whatsoever.

So, okay...are you pleased with what has happened? Do you think Pace has navigated this year's draft well? Is there a logic to it that you can see?

Again, I'm not mad at you at all. Just wondering. 

Just now, Heinz D. said:

The Love pick is genius. You really didn't like that for them?

If they weren't one game away from the Super Bowl last year I would like it more.  They're planning too much for the future when their Super Bowl window is still open, but closing fast.

1 minute ago, WindyCity said:

Hunter Bryant as a possible U TE

Prince Tago Wanogho

Alex Taylor

Terrence Steele

Yasir Durant

Trey Adams

Calvin Throckmorton

Darryl Williams

Jake Hansen

Thad Moss

There are still good guys available, for sure. At least Pace has that part of it in hand. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Well yeah, ignoring OL for 2 consecutive years is dumb as ****

They addressed the immediate OL opening in FA. You just don’t like what they did. They added a 4-year starter they think can play RG. They added an experienced swing player behind the two OTs who were always going to be our starting OTs in 2020. I would have done things differently than they have, but I’m not going to act like they stepped on my **** because they didn’t do it my way. 

I agree adding fresh blood to compete would be a good thing but is anyone we add in round 5-7 going to be a notably better developmental prospect than Bars and/or Coward? The answer to that is only maybe. Definitely not a clear yes. Clearly Castillo, Pace and Nagy don’t think the guys available round 5-7 are better than Bars and/or Coward. 

Once we didn’t go OL high we weren’t drafting any immediate starters anyway, and if you’re going to rely on developmental prospects to build your line you have let them actually develop. Churning developmental guys before taking the time to actually find out if they’re any good is a complete waste.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

If they weren't one game away from the Super Bowl last year I would like it more.  They're planning too much for the future when their Super Bowl window is still open, but closing fast.

But they also seriously messed up the Bears. I mean...I'm pretty sure Pace was scoping out drafting Love if he fell. Love did, and Gutekunst beat us to the punch. 

Gutekunst may have just ensured the Bears have a complete front office and coaching staff makeover in the near future, with one simple move. 

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

Beginning to think? He's taken 1 in like 38 picks. 

The man has only had 4 picks in the first 4 rounds in the last 2 years and if he uses those picks on OL then we don't have a starting RB last year and we still don't have a starting TE or CB this year. You can't fix everything. And he did get Idefi in FA.

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

They addressed the immediate OL opening in FA. You just don’t like what they did. They added a 4-year starter they think can play RG. They added an experienced swing player behind the two OTs who were always going to be our starting OTs in 2020. I would have done things differently than they have, but I’m not going to act like they stepped on my **** because they didn’t do it my way. 

I agree adding fresh blood to compete would be a good thing but is anyone we add in round 5-7 going to be a notably better developmental prospect than Bars and/or Coward? The answer to that is only maybe. Definitely not a clear yes. Clearly Castillo, Pace and Nagy don’t think the guys available round 5-7 are better than Bars and/or Coward. 

Once we didn’t go OL high we weren’t drafting any immediate starters anyway, and if you’re going to rely on developmental prospects to build your line you have let them actually develop. Churning developmental guys before taking the time to actually find out if they’re any good is a complete waste.

So instead take 39 cornerbacks? Got it

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

The confusion then becomes why Bars didn't replace Leno last season. But either way, another guy will be good. Hopefully that happens.