Day 3 of 2020 Draft (New thread because Heinz D wanted one)

CBears019

1 minute ago, abstract_thought said:

Fans will criticize Nagy for not running the ball, but this offensive line has been in the bottom 5 of the NFL in Adjusted Line Yards for the last 3 seasons and he seems satisfied making minor moves to address that problem.

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

I disagree. We didn't ship Howard because of the OL at all. We shipped him out because he wasn't a fit for our offense.

I think the major factor is that Nagy simply doesn't WANT to run the ball.

It's part of the reason i think Anthony Gordon is our guy, he wants to throw the ball 50x a game and Gordon is from that kind of system

You know what I find amusing? The same people crucifying Pace probably would have found another reason to blast him if he did load up on O line. It’s also funny too because the Packers outside of this little circle are being given crap for their draft 

Just now, Epyon said:

I think the major factor is that Nagy simply doesn't WANT to run the ball.

It's part of the reason i think Anthony Gordon is our guy, he wants to throw the ball 50x a game and Gordon is from that kind of system

Even if that's the case, Howard can't catch. Again, he wasn't a fit for our offense. Every time he lined on the field we would be tipping the defense because they knew he wasn't a threat.

This is why I have been pushing for a better two-way player in the backfield to go along with Montgomery.

Just now, GOGRIESE said:

You know what I find amusing? The same people crucifying Pace probably would have found another reason to blast him if he did load up on O line. It’s also funny too because the Packers outside of this little circle are being given crap for their draft 

If he would've taken Wanogho instead of Kindle and Nick Harris instead of Gipson, no one would be crucifying Pace.

1 minute ago, GOGRIESE said:

Yeah ok. Tell it to someone who will believe it. 

I went into this draft wanting 2-3 OL. So did @Madmike90 IIRC. I know @WindyCity , @Sugashane and @ba_ba_ba_BOOM did, too. Look at the mock drafts.

Not taking a single one after a year like that- because of the 2 bums they gave 1 year deals to & the existing 2 UDFA's they have on the roster- is not intelligent (but Pace has proven to not be, so maybe I should've expected this).

• Like 2

I don't think fans are crucifying Pace as much as questioning why he's investing so heavily in a few positions.

The Bears have limited resources because of the way Pace makes trades. And with those limitations Pace has found a way to draft 4 CBs in the last 2 drafts. Why is Pace drafting DBs that will end up on the practice squad or cut? Wouldn't it be smart to build some depth at other positions?

Edited by abstract_thought
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

If he would've taken Wanogho instead of Kindle and Nick Harris instead of Gipson, no one would be crucifying Pace.

So if he just did it your way you’d love what he did? Makes sense for you, but your way isn’t someone else’s way. Can’t please everyone.

5 minutes ago, AZBearsFan said:

Pace addresses a dire TE need with 2 FA and a high pick and he’s a clown. Philly attacked their dire WR need with 3 picks and a trade. They being clownish too or thorough? 

There's nothing wrong with doubling or tripling down on dire needs. What is wrong is when Pace continues to get chance after chance to do it. He did it with Burton and Shaheen and failed big time. Now he's trying it again with a reach at 43 and an old bag in free agency? Must be nice. Do you have ANY confidence in him offensively?

Edited by beardown3231

Just now, AZBearsFan said:

So if he just did it your way you’d love what he did? Makes sense for you, but your way isn’t someone else’s way. Can’t please everyone.

I'm basing it off of who was on the board.

Why did they need 4 corners in 2 years? 

There is literally no one who can answer that for me, except for "good value and depth." Great! You know where else there was good value? OL. You know where else there was a need for depth? OL.

2 minutes ago, beardown3231 said:

I went into this draft wanting 2-3 OL. So did @Madmike90 IIRC. I know @WindyCity , @Sugashane and @ba_ba_ba_BOOM did, too. Look at the mock drafts.

Not taking a single one after a year like that- because of the 2 bums they gave 1 year deals to & the existing 2 UDFA's they have on the roster- is not intelligent (but Pace has proven to not be, so maybe I should've expected this).

Like I said tell it to someone who will believe it. I flat out don’t believe you. You’d be bitching about something else along with Windy.