Day 3 of 2020 Draft (New thread because Heinz D wanted one)

CBears019

Just now, Heinz D. said:

I don't even get this argument. The Bears aren't fully loaded. They need new talent at specific spots. 

Which is what he did by drafting a starting TE and CB with the first two picks but everyone still hates it. 

Edited by JustAnotherFan

1 minute ago, AZBearsFan said:

What do you want me to say - that you’re right? What difference does it make? This **** isn’t life and death, man. Be as angry as you want. 

I don't give a **** what you say. If you're good with 4 corners in 2 years for the league's best D while not adding a single o-lineman for one of the league's worst OL's, fine. They added 2 former first rounders who busted in 2 cities that also have weak OL's, that other OC's and OLC's couldn't fix so yeah, no need to try in the later rounds for anyone. Maybe the finally-employed genius that is Juan Castillo will fix those two losers

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, WindyCity said:

I am fine with Kmet and Jaylon Johnson, I wouldn't have picked any of the remaining OL over them.

But you have to add bodies to the OL. You have to add developmental talent. You cannot develop talent that is not there.

Ignoring the OL for 2 drafts is not smart.

Especially since it is numerically the largest position group and the nature of it means your weakest link can screw you.  

4 minutes ago, JustAnotherFan said:

But yet, if that happened and Pace took those guys and they became busts we would be hearing about how Pace drafted them. 

No one considers 5th and 6th round picks "busts"

It's depth. If they don't work out, great, but damn it'd be nice to get some young talent in the building in the trenches

2 minutes ago, GOGRIESE said:

I’m sure you did. I just don’t believe that you wouldn’t find something to ***** about 

I didn't ***** about Johnson, or Mooney, or even Gipson necessarily, but you knew that

1 minute ago, beardown3231 said:

I don't give a **** what you say. If you're good with 4 corners in 2 years for the league's best D while not adding a single o-lineman for one of the league's worst OL's, fine. They added 2 former first rounders who busted in 2 cities that also have weak OL's, that other OC's and OLC's couldn't fix so yeah, no need to try in the later rounds for anyone. Maybe the finally-employed genius that is Juan Castillo will fix those two losers

At least you’re not making it or taking it personally. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, JustAnotherFan said:

Which is what he did by drafting a starting TE and CB with the first two picks but everyone still hates it. 

The O Line needs more talented guys. Leno and Massie are a problem. They'd been, traditionally, about average, but Massie wavered up and down, and Leno played, for the most part, like absolute crap. 

That's a REALLY big problem. Do you not see that as an issue?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, dll2000 said:

Especially since it is numerically the largest position group and the nature of it means your weakest link can screw you.  

An OL is going to be as good as their worst player.

You could have added a 5th round OG and had another swing at it.

5 minutes ago, G08 said:

I think they like Ifedi at RG more than most know

I like Ifedi at G or T.  

I just feel like he is on a one year deal and you need to constantly replenish O line with new talent or you will have to go to FA and pay through the nose to fix a hole.  

Edited by dll2000

Just now, Heinz D. said:

The O Line needs more talented guys. Leno and Massie are a problem. They'd been, traditionally, about average, but Massie wavered up and down, and Leno played, for the most part, like absolute crap. 

That's a REALLY big problem. Do you not see that as an issue?

They will week 1 when we cannot run the ball and Nick Foles is getting beat around because he is a statue.