Pick # 139 is in: CB, Amik Robertson, Louisana Tech

RaidersAreOne

this pick, along with Bryan Edwards, are our 2 best picks of the draft when considering value.

I think he can push Joyner out of the slot role if he continues his mediocre play. We now have some intriguing options a year from now at FS. If Randall isn't brought back, we have the ability to move Joyner back to FS where he actually was good enough to warrant the contract he got. Would love a lineup with Joyner/Abram at safety, potentially with Mullen/Arnette outside, Robertson inside, with Isaiah Johnson as depth.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Love how physical this defense is becoming. Robertson is gonna play hungry and that secondary is gonna be a different animal with Abrams healthy and Randall on the other side.

Robertson and Arnette are both dogs. Randall is also supposedly a dog as well. Gonna be a fun season.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Raider forum rejoice!!!

Is Amik the cult figure of this years draft he's been mentioned around here so many times, anyone remember the old Ray Maualuga thread back in the day and we didn't even draft him 😁😁

For what its worth really like this pick, wolverine attitude and skills too. Looks like Joyner's heir apparent to me snd very pleased about it😀

Him and Renfrow in back to back years.  Raiders fans favorite players on each side of the ball to cheer for. Taken ten spots apart.  You think Gruden and Mayock did it just for the entertainment value at practice.

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Turnobili said:

this pick, along with Bryan Edwards, are our 2 best picks of the draft when considering value.

I think he can push Joyner out of the slot role if he continues his mediocre play. We now have some intriguing options a year from now at FS. If Randall isn't brought back, we have the ability to move Joyner back to FS where he actually was good enough to warrant the contract he got. Would love a lineup with Joyner/Abram at safety, potentially with Mullen/Arnette outside, Robertson inside, with Isaiah Johnson as depth.

It gives them some flexibility of who to keep in the secondary after this year if the rookies can play well.

Just now, drfrey13 said:

It gives them some flexibility of who to keep in the secondary after this year if the rookies can play well.

Ideally Mullen, Arnette, Robertson, and Abram will all play well enough to be starters in 2021. That'd give us 4 starting DB's on rookie contracts and allow us to be ultra aggressive again in free agency. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

we are penciling Amik in at slot... but he can hang on the outside against guys like Tyreek, Jeudy in our division. he could be a huge wildcard. antoine winfield sr was a very good outside corner despite being 5'9 because he was very physical. can see amik having that kind of career as well.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, OldManWillis said:

With Mullen, Arnette, Johnson, Robertson, we finally have some talent in the secondary. No more trying to cover 3 and 4 receiver sets using safeties and linebackers.

Yeah, that's my 4 wide defense, with Abram and Randall or Joyner. Arnette and Amik inside. 

Not bad.

1 hour ago, Turnobili said:

We could have moved Joyner to FS this season if that's what we wanted to do so i don't think that's an option in the future either. I don't think he's a Raider next season.

• Like 2