Packers 2020 WR Corps

TheOnlyThing

11 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Interesting: let's look at my actual posts to see how this view holds up against reality:

And that's every post I could find I made that mentioned Moore.  Mind pointing out where I was extremely high on him?

Don't respond to the troll. 

Nobody thinks that you thought Moore was an elite prospect. Nobody thinks anybody on this board thought Moore was an elite prospect. 

Responding to a lying troll only validates his opinions in his deluded mind. The correct response is to laugh at the absurdity and move on.

6 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Interesting: let's look at my actual posts to see how this view holds up against reality:

And that's every post I could find I made that mentioned Moore.  Mind pointing out where I was extremely high on him?

There's two big things with Moore at this stage of his development.

1) Everyone knew he needed a ton of work.  In college he played exclusively on the left and exclusively as the X.  He primarily ran three routes: slant, go, hitch.  That's a looooooong way from being ready to line up on the left or right, as the slot, X or Z, and run a complete route tree.  That's on top of all the other adjustments college receivers face going to the pros, like the speed of the game, the increase in technique and knowledge of the corners, and of course your QB throwing the ball about twice as fast and with actual anticipation.  The fact that he wasn't ready to play year 1 was absolutely expected, and shouldn't have surprised anyone.

2) He actually did earn himself some playing time last year.  He put some decent film out there as a punt gunner; he wins easily at the line and has the size and strength to run through jams. He was getting double teamed fairly frequently because he was able to win 1v1 just on physical talent. Still needs a lot of work there too, but the point is this idea that he's a hapless bum who isn't an NFL player isn't true; he's just not a very good receiver yet.  Yes, he was a long way from being a starter, much less a star the last time we saw him, but the physical gifts are there, and he's finding uses for them.

As far as talent goes, Moore has exceptionally rare change of direction skills for a big receiver; his 6.56 cone is the 3rd best mark by a 6'3" or taller receiver dating back to 2000 (out of 198 qualifying receivers).  His 4.04 shuttle is 6th.  He put up back to back 1000 yard seasons at Mizzou (along with 18 TDs those years).

This isn't a statement that he's secretly a superstar in waiting and he's not my pick for breakout player, but there's a lot of reasons to be excited about him in 2019 if he's yours.

Here is one among others. 

Moore was a popular pick in the "Who's your 2019 Breakout player".  The idea that noone liked him this time last year is ridiculous.  Being called a liar because people can't own up to their opinion last year is down right cowardly (not saying you are calling me a liar).

13 minutes ago, SSG said:

Here is one among others. 

Moore was a popular pick in the "Who's your 2019 Breakout player".  The idea that noone liked him this time last year is ridiculous.  Being called a liar because people can't own up to their opinion last year is down right cowardly (not saying you are calling me a liar).

You literally pointed to a post that says, and I quote your own quote:

This isn't a statement that he's secretly a superstar in waiting and he's not my pick for breakout player, but there's a lot of reasons to be excited about him in 2019 if he's yours.

Yes, he had potential.  Nearly everyone was very aware that he was also deeply flawed.  Sure, some people probably did say they thought he was going to be elite; it happens with every player every year.  There's always one guy.  Every other discussion focused on the same facts; he had ridiculous physical talent, he was only in his 2nd year, and cutting him for career back-up/ST guys was insane.  I stand by all of that to this day, even given where his career is now.  Did having Kumerow/Shepard/Davis on the roster instead really pan out better?  

17 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Nobody thinks that you thought Moore was an elite prospect. Nobody thinks anybody on this board thought Moore was an elite prospect. 

Responding to a lying troll only validates his opinions in his deluded mind. The correct response is to laugh at the absurdity and move on.

Sometimes I literally can't help myself.  It's a compulsion, and it should be medicated.

18 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

If you want to complain about Moore’s drops and ignore his borderline elite ability to get open, then there isn’t anything to talk about… Just like if I said you can’t talk about his drops and only emphasize his fantastic skill set.

In recent history, the Packers have had two elite route runners, Adams and Jennings. Peak Jordy was damn good, too; but Adams and Jennings are the standard.

Moore is close to Adams and Jennings. He’ll probably be there with them if he can overcome the drops.

I very much AGREE with you that Moore has an elite skill set.

Right..... when you are wrong, be a child and fling names.  Easier for you to try to make Rodgers out to be one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL than two admit you were completely wrong in your evaluation of the WRs last year.  "25th best starting QB in the NFL" 

8 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Yes, he had potential.  Nearly everyone was very aware that he was also deeply flawed.  Sure, some people probably did say they thought he was going to be elite; it happens with every player every year.  There's always one guy.  Every other discussion focused on the same facts; he had ridiculous physical talent, he was only in his 2nd year, and cutting him for career back-up/ST guys was insane.  I stand by all of that to this day, even given where his career is now.  Did having Kumerow/Shepard/Davis on the roster instead really pan out better?  

Sometimes I literally can't help myself.  It's a compulsion, and it should be medicated.

Highly recommend the ignore feature. 

I've got the same compulsive problem at times. It really helps me ignore the posters who are only here to troll.

The only problem that I have is that sometimes I get curious to see just how dumb their posts are.

This particular doofus is interesting though because instead of just saying inflamatory things about the topic at hand. He has decided to change it up and claim that other people have said inflamatory things and then calls them cowards for not claiming the things that they didn't say. It's an interesting approach and one that I think might be successful because this particular offense doesn't necessarily break any specific rules other than the very broad "Don't troll" heading. Maybe @Packerraymond can spread some light on what you are supposed to do when a poster just makes things up?

8 minutes ago, MrBobGray said:

Is there really a difference from "being high on" or "being excited about"?  What ever, spin away.  The idea that no one was high on Moore last year is absolutely a fabrication.  It's a lie made up by some who are too cowardly to admit their expert opinion of the player this time last year was wrong.  It's easier to make out Rodgers out to be one of the worst starting QBs in the NFL (he's been quoted as being the 25th) than to admit they were wrong about a player or 6.

There were a ton of optimism around Moore this time last year.

5 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Because we're struggling and let a troll derail us. :/ He got us good this time.

Easy now........
He's got a take and is backing it up with his opinion. It's what happens around here. No need to get nasty.

9 minutes ago, Leader said:

Ahhhhhhh.....this is the Packers ****2020**** WR Corps Thread....no? 

Why we arguing about a guy that wasnt part of the ****2019**** WR Corps?

Because I'm being called a liar for claiming there were some that were high on Jmon Moore last year.  Some resort to calling names and labeling posters a liar when they aren't capable of admitting they were wrong about someone.  

Simply pointing out that we had an abundance amount of optimism about this exact WR core last year and it ended up being our weakest position group on offense.  We swapped GMO for a GMO-esk type of player.   

49 minutes ago, SSG said:

I  could careless about pictures.  I  didn't say that Dillon was going to eat himself out of the league.  I said he's a north south runner that offers nothing when it comes to lateral abilities.

When it comes to catching the ball, I guess that's an assumption on my part.  He was the BC offense that got damn near 300 touches a year over his BC career.  Despite not leaving the field he's got 21 career catches.  

No.  You said he was Eddie Lacy.  Clearly he is not.  It is a bad comp.

It does disservice to the feet that Lacy had and the physical shape that Dillon is in.

Honestly, you are box score scouting again.  Pointing out something that may not even be a flaw.  

Derrick Henry had 17 receptions in college.  Sometimes you let your guys do what they do best.

• Like 1