150. CB Marco Wilson, Florida
189. WR Demetric Felton, UCLA
224. EDGE Joshua Kaindoh, Florida State
225. RB Chris Evans, Michigan
234. CB Camryn Bynum, California
240. QB KJ Costello, Mississippi State

Is this assuming we sign Steven Nelson?

Just now, EagleBlueDon said:

The best CB available on the market. Released by Steelers about a month ago.

Nope. We don't have the money for that. We also don't have the luxury of hard drafting on need. The way the board shook out that time, there was never any Cornerback worth taking at our earlier picks.

34 minutes ago, Danger said:

Nope. We don't have the money for that. We also don't have the luxury of hard drafting on need. The way the board shook out that time, there was never any Cornerback worth taking at our earlier picks.

I think to neglect cornerback until 150 overall would be an awfully big mistake.

2 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I think to neglect cornerback until 150 overall would be an awfully big mistake.

We've had worse corners than we do now for the last decade. We're not winning anything this year anyways. 

Reaching on players is an even bigger mistake.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

We've had worse corners than we do now for the last decade. We're not winning anything this year anyways. 

Not winning this year has nothing to do with not picking good corners for the future.

1 hour ago, Danger said:

You can say the same about receiver.

If you feel like you couldn't find a good value in the 3rd or 4th just cause guys you liked went off the board or there was a better player available that is cool, but I really hope we don't wait that long. We only have like one real outside corner in Slay. Who else is there? Maddox isn't an outside guy. Craig James? Good special teams player... but c'mon lol.

We need outside corner more desperately than receiver. I still want the receiver and will be stoked if we get one of these weapons cause I love all of them, but there is no doubt outside corner is our biggest need and we couldn't really fill it in FA so it has to come in the draft. Our defense is gonna be absolutely trash if teams can just pick on our other corners and avoid Slay and we also have to consider Slay might only be here for one more year (2022) after this season, especially if he starts showing signs of decline which is possible. He just turned 30 this year.

You have to find a way to fit an outside corner by 84 at the latest IMO and that's pushing it.

Would never happen, but my TDN mock:

1 Devonta WR
2 T Marshall Jr WR
3 P Turner DE
3 K Mond QB
4 K Green IOL
5 J Wiggins S
6 E Smith DE
6 T Gowan CB
6 J Moore OL
7 B Johnson LB
7 C Rumph DE

Edited by Jeezla

Yeah Corner is our biggest need probably outside finding the guy at QB, which they are punting until next year.

But you can't force things, they fall where they fall. If Horn and Surtain are gone before 12, if Farley, Newsome and Asante are gone before 37 there isn't much you can do.

The nice thing about this system is it covers up deficiencies in athleticism for corners. Worst case you find a dude after the draft and plug him in Plenty of them out there. It's not ideal but this is a multi year deal.

As far as @Danger's mock goes I probably wouldn't draft Creed at #37... think there are other potential starting centers you can get later. But I get the thought to bolster that IOL now in prep for next year. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah Corner is our biggest need probably outside finding the guy at QB, which they are punting until next year.

But you can't force things, they fall where they fall. If Horn and Surtain are gone before 12, if Farley, Newsome and Asante are gone before 37 there isn't much you can do.

The nice thing about this system is it covers up deficiencies in athleticism for corners. Worst case you find a dude after the draft and plug him in Plenty of them out there. It's not ideal but this is a multi year deal.

As far as @Danger's mock goes I probably wouldn't draft Creed at #37... think there are other potential starting centers you can get later. But I get the thought to bolster that IOL now in prep for next year. 

The only two I really like are Creed at 37 or Josh Myers at 70/84.

I really do think Kelce is taking his last year here this year, so it'd be good to get his replacement and be able to be confident in them in 2022. There's also a lot of speculation at Creed Humphrey going even earlier than that, so it's good value IMO.

7 minutes ago, Danger said:

I really do think Kelce is taking his last year here this year, so it'd be good to get his replacement and be able to be confident in them in 2022. There's also a lot of speculation at Creed Humphrey going even earlier than that, so it's good value IMO.

Have you watched Kendrick Green? He kinda plays like Kelce, but stronger than Kelce was coming out of CInci.

Edited by Jeezla

10 minutes ago, Danger said:

Yeah it's fine value, and yeah I think Kelce is probably done after this year unless we trade for a vet QB next year and he makes one last run.

There are just some developmental guys a little later that I'd be into taking like a Menet, Morrissey and others that could spend the year in the oven behind Kelce. Creed is like a ready to go guy.

Not mad at the pick, just personally would probably look towards positions that you need to get in the top 40ish players more than centers. Like once you drop from the first round corner is usually pretty much a pile of garbage with a view shiny ones in the mix when you look at the breakdowns the last decade plus. Same with edge and other positions like that.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

Yeah it's fine value, and yeah I think Kelce is probably done after this year unless we trade for a vet QB next year and he makes one last run.

There are just some developmental guys a little later that I'd be into taking like a Menet, Morrissey and others that could spend the year in the oven behind Kelce. Creed is like a ready to go guy.

Not mad at the pick, just personally would probably look towards positions that you need to get in the top 40ish players more than centers. Like once you drop from the first round corner is usually pretty much a pile of garbage with a view shiny ones in the mix when you look at the breakdowns the last decade plus. Same with edge and other positions like that.

It's arguable it's good value. Creed only makes sense for ZBS teams, and he's limited to purely C. He's techinicaly very sound, and a good athlete, but he doesn't exactly dominate people either. He's the #1 C, but that's because Dickerson has serious medical red flags, and it's a generally weak C class, with maybe only 5 or 6 draftable C's. 8 tops. We aren't exactly in a position to red-shirt guys for a year, while we wait for Kelce to retire either. Our 2nd should be a guy who starts this year, and Creed at LG would be a waste of his talents.

• Like 1