2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

4 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

lol bruh... I was gonna ask you to do a trade down just to see what it would look like since I don't have premium (how is it?), but if that happened and we passed on Farley at 16 I wouldn't know what to do with myself. He probably won't fall that far just cause teams always need good corners just like pass rushers and one with the ceiling of Farley is hard to come by.

After i did so many trades for picks with future year picks(for the player trades i made) it started auto picking for me for like those picks it was weird.

1 minute ago, ninjapirate said:

After i did so many trades for picks with future year picks(for the player trades i made) it started auto picking for me for like those picks it was weird.

Ah okay, so the trade thing is kind of buggy? I should probably just pay for the premium membership to support all the content that The Draft Network puts out every week. I've listened to Solak & Sikkema consistently for the past 2 years or more.

Speaking of Solak..... I'm sad Kist is leaving the Kist & Solak show. Hopefully they get someone good to replace him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ah okay, so the trade thing is kind of buggy? I should probably just pay for the premium membership to support all the content that The Draft Network puts out every week. I've listened to Solak & Sikkema consistently for the past 2 years or more.

Speaking of Solak..... I'm sad Kist is leaving the Kist & Solak show. Hopefully they get someone good to replace him.

I had never seen that before i think i just traded too many times lol

26 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

I had never seen that before i think i just traded too many times lol

Ah okay. Good to know.

24 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Also I traded carson, ertz and derek for late thirds and and an early 4th respectively and like that area of the draft is kind of ugly for our needs lol.

Sorry Ninja, but don't love that. A late 3rd for Ertz... I'd take that. That's basically what I want for him. We aren't gonna get much better than that. Should've traded him for a 2020 draft pick this offseason while his value was high, but oh well. 

Barnett for an early 4th.... meh. That's not very good. I was his biggest critic when we selected him and argued with people on here against the pick. But, I think he's worth more than that. He is having his best season of his career this year which isn't saying a ton, but its a good sign. Barnett is still really young at 24 years old until next summer. His best days are ahead of him. He's never gonna be a #1 DE that can be a game wrecker like the capital we spent on him suggested, but he can be a good 2nd DE that plays sound run defense and gets 7-10 sacks a year or something like that. He hustles non-stop often catching RBs from behind. Has the disposition defensive coaches would love.... look at Schwartz obsession with him lol.

Think Wentz is still worth more than that, especially since we are eating a lot of his contract for the team we are sending him to. I don't know if or when he will regain form, but a solid offseason of hard work with the right QB coach could be big for him. He's gonna have to be forced to do a lot of reflection on his improving his communication skills and mechanics. The motivation will be at an all time high. None of this is to say I believe he is still the QBOTF, but I want to see how he comes back and looks next offseason. Plus, we aren't really saving money next year by trading him and getting basically an early day 3 pick is basically giving him away for free. If we are gonna take the hit for the rest of guaranteed money we owe him than I want to do better. Remember if a team loses their QB in the offseason, then a team thinking they can turn it around or hear good things coming out of camp would part with much better than a late 3rd. Bradford was meh, but when Teddy went down we were able to get a first out of the Vikings for him. 

I want people on here to be less shortsighted with team building.

Like I said before our fanbase is way too over reactionary when it comes to our players. Even @Matts4313 knows it.

5 minutes ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

Ninja, but don't love that. A late 3rd for Ertz... I'd take that. That's basically what I want for him. We aren't gonna get much better than that. Should've traded him for a 2020 draft pick this offseason while his value was high, but oh well. 

Barnett for an early 4th.... meh. That's not very good. I was his biggest critic when we selected him and argued with people on here against the pick. But, I think he's worth more than that. He is having his best season of his career this year which isn't saying a ton, but its a good sign. Barnett is still really young at 24 years old until next summer. His best days are ahead of him. He's never gonn

It was the jets fourth the first pick on day 3 for derek. I think him being a 10 million cap savings we need devalues him.

12 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

It was the jets fourth the first pick on day 3 for derek. I think him being a 10 million cap savings we need devalues him.

Still meh. He's definitely worth that 10 million for some team next year. I think Eagles fans think that is a higher price tag than it really is.

Look at the guys in the 9-10.5 million per year range.

• Jerry Hughes
  • Mario Addison
  • Shaq Lawson
  • Tyrone Crawford (LOLCowboys)

I'm not expecting us to be able to get a 2nd for him, but I'd be looking for an early to mid 3rd rounder at the very least.

13 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Also I think the wentz trade will be a 3rd this year and a conditional in 2022 that can be a first.

That makes a bit more sense then. Solid upside for the Eagles and protects the team that is betting on him bouncing back.

I wish we could find a way to get another 2nd though. Maybe if we do trade Wentz we can include our 3rd rounder too for that teams 2nd. Obviously if its a team picking later like the Colts it won't be that much of a jump, so I think the other team could definitely be willing to do that.

Day two of the draft is always my favorite cause there is a lot of value to be had and I don't think this year will be any different.

In fact the talent outside of QB at the top of the draft is kind of underwhelming this year.

50 minutes ago, ninjapirate said:

Also I think the wentz trade will be a 3rd this year and a conditional in 2022 that can be a first.

Wentz and our 2nd for NE's 1st would work for me. SF would be the best situation for Wentz to go to, but screw him.

Edited by Jeezla

Just now, ninjapirate said:

well im hoping that there is an advisor he is forced to use,

Be realistic. Moving up and simplifying the pick is the best option. Howie getting even more power is likelier to happen than Howie getting demoted.