2021 NCAA/Draft Prospect Thread

Kiltman

19 hours ago, EaglesPeteC said:

Love the helmet scouting, that’s how all the top guys do it 

Eh. Its obviously not the end all be all but certain conferences and certain schools are known for things good or bad like Miami TEs, FSU DBs, Penn State LBs, LSU WRs, USC WRs, ND QBs. As long as its not the ONLY thing you're judging a player on I don't see the harm in pointing out their history of production at those positions.

31 minutes ago, Hockey5djh said:

Eh. Its obviously not the end all be all but certain conferences and certain schools are known for things good or bad like Miami TEs, FSU DBs, Penn State LBs, LSU WRs, USC WRs, ND QBs. As long as its not the ONLY thing you're judging a player on I don't see the harm in pointing out their history of production at those positions.

The history of the school has no relevance to the prospect. 

10 hours ago, Hockey5djh said:

LSU is known for DBs even moreso than WRs IMO

9 hours ago, Scalamania said:

The history of the school has no relevance to the prospect. 

It depends, if they've come from the same coaching staff and system though. Even then it's not the be all end all, but it is something that needs to be considered in that case.

• Like 2

I'd be thrilled with either Smith or Chase. It's gotta be between those two, Surtain and Farley. Gotta hit WR, CB, S, and LB with our first four picks. I wouldn't spend a single pick on OL and would hesitate to spend one on DL. That's how much help we need at those 4 positions I listed.

17 minutes ago, EagleBlueDon said:

I'd be thrilled with either Smith or Chase. It's gotta be between those two, Surtain and Farley. Gotta hit WR, CB, S, and LB with our first four picks. I wouldn't spend a single pick on OL and would hesitate to spend one on DL. That's how much help we need at those 4 positions I listed.

Surtain is still my top choice based off need... I need to do more work on Smith & Chase. Smith seems like a glider on his route running. It's not as crisp/sudden as Jefferson but shoot the guy gets open & catches everything.