2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

1 hour ago, NYRaider said:

I disagree, I think finding starting players with potential in later rounds is how you build a winning team. You said Renfrow but you can also say the same for Foster Moreau and Maxx Crosby, two guys who weren't extremely productive in college and were considered more "traits" prospects and they look like good picks for us going forward. 

I remember reading Moreau wore an important Jersey number for his college team.  He was in an offense where he was clearly not the focal point of his team's offensive attack.  But the coaching staff new he was a very talented TE.  I remember reading all about him after he was drafted.  Mayock did his research with Moreau.  Moreau is going to be a really good player and I just hope we are able to retain him after his rookie contract.  I'm sure we will because Waller will be around 32-33 by then and Moreau will be transitioning into a bigger role in our offense by then.  As for Crosby, he clearly had the traits to be a great player.  Overall we really hit the nail on the head with a lot of those picks two years ago.  Could not be more pleased with that draft class, even with Abram and Ferrell struggling, just a really, really good class!

I think we are both right.  Just have to find the right players at the end of the day.  Some have the traits, some don't, good football players find a way to produce.  Regardless of their traits, floors, ceilings, all of it, the good ones, the great ones, find a way to produce and win.

57 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I remember reading Moreau wore an important Jersey number for his college team.  He was in an offense where he was clearly not the focal point of his team's offensive attack.  But the coaching staff new he was a very talented TE.  I remember reading all about him after he was drafted.  Mayock did his research with Moreau. 

I think we are both right.  Just have to find the right players at the end of the day.  Some have the traits, some don't, good football players find a way to produce.  Regardless of their traits, floors, ceilings, all of it, the good ones, the great ones, find a way to produce and win.

Moreau only had 272 yards and 2 TD as a senior and 52 catches for 629 yards in his entire college career. At the combine though he tested in the 76th percentile for 40 time, 86th percentile for vertical, 84th percentile for broad jump, and 95th percentile for 20 yard shuttle. We took a chance on him because of his traits and potential 

Same thing for Maxx Crosby, although he was more productive with 18.5 sacks, 35.5 TFL, and 8 FF his final two years in college. He fell all the way to the 4th round despite testing at an elite level because there were question marks about if he was strong enough to set the edge or if his level of play would translate. Hell when you look at Crosby's combine performance it's pretty amazing he fell as far as he did. He tested in the 92nd percentile for 40 time, 90th percentile for vertical, 91st percentile for broad jump, 95th percentile for 3-cone, 96th percentile for 20-yard shuttle, and 99th percentile for 60 yard shuttle. He literally had one of the best combines for any DL in recent memory. 

Even Jacobs to a degree was drafted as a traits guy. His final year in college he only had 120 carries for 640 yards and we took him in the 1st round. 

But agreed you have to find guys that are good at football, elite or average traits. But that's why I like Paulson he has traits, has flashed elite ability on tape, and has had elite production. He didn't put up as good of film in 2019 as he did in 2018 and elected to come back to school to try and elevate himself from probably being a 2nd round pick in 2020 to potentially being a 1st round pick in 2021. Then covid hit and the Pac-12 looked like they were going to cancel their season so he opted out of playing. 

23 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Bruh he gave us the best LB play we've had in years, coverage included.

Agreed. Kwit was one of the few bright spots on our horrible defense and we essentially gave him Whitehead's money so it was a good investment. 

I don't like to use PFF as the gospel but on the season he graded out as our 4th best defensive player overall (18/88 LB) and had the highest coverage grade of any player on our team. His coverage grade also ranked 8th best in the NFL for LB this season behind only Fred Warner, Eric Kendricks, Mykal Walker, Roquan Smith, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Lavonte David, and KJ Wright. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Moreau only had 272 yards and 2 TD as a senior and 52 catches for 629 yards in his entire college career. At the combine though he tested in the 76th percentile for 40 time, 86th percentile for vertical, 84th percentile for broad jump, and 95th percentile for 20 yard shuttle. We took a chance on him because of his traits and potential 

Same thing for Maxx Crosby, although he was more productive with 18.5 sacks, 35.5 TFL, and 8 FF his final two years in college. He fell all the way to the 4th round despite testing at an elite level because there were question marks about if he was strong enough to set the edge or if his level of play would translate. Hell when you look at Crosby's combine performance it's pretty amazing he fell as far as he did. He tested in the 92nd percentile for 40 time, 90th percentile for vertical, 91st percentile for broad jump, 95th percentile for 3-cone, 96th percentile for 20-yard shuttle, and 99th percentile for 60 yard shuttle. He literally had one of the best combines for any DL in recent memory. 

Even Jacobs to a degree was drafted as a traits guy. His final year in college he only had 120 carries for 640 yards and we took him in the 1st round. 

But agreed you have to find guys that are good at football, elite or average traits. But that's why I like Paulson he has traits, has flashed elite ability on tape, and has had elite production. He didn't put up as good of film in 2019 as he did in 2018 and elected to come back to school to try and elevate himself from probably being a 2nd round pick in 2020 to potentially being a 1st round pick in 2021. Then covid hit and the Pac-12 looked like they were going to cancel their season so he opted out of playing. 

Yeah, Crosby and Moreau clearly flashed at the combine.  I remember seeing Crosby's combine results and college highlights on YouTube and really believed we hit a homerun.  We'll see what happens this draft.  Hopefully we get your guy and he pans out like you expect him to.

17 minutes ago, NYRaider said:

Agreed. Kwit was one of the few bright spots on our horrible defense and we essentially gave him Whitehead's money so it was a good investment. 

I don't like to use PFF as the gospel but on the season he graded out as our 4th best defensive player overall (18/88 LB) and had the highest coverage grade of any player on our team. His coverage grade also ranked 8th best in the NFL for LB this season behind only Fred Warner, Eric Kendricks, Mykal Walker, Roquan Smith, Kevin Pierre-Louis, Lavonte David, and KJ Wright. 

Lol pff lol

yall like a dude fresh outa jail that’s hasn’t had action in years that’s on everything moving. The bar is set so low around here. 

morrow imo offers more than kwit for cheaper. Because of kwit we might not keep morrow. 

6 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol pff lol

yall like a dude fresh outa jail that’s hasn’t had action in years that’s on everything moving. The bar is set so low around here. 

morrow imo offers more than kwit for cheaper. Because of kwit we might not keep morrow. 

Kwiatkoski missed four games due to a pectoral injury and COVID-19-related reasons, but he was pretty good when he was healthy. He played well in the run game and was third on the team with 81 tackles despite starting only 12 games. In pass coverage, he allowed a completion percentage of 57.4, which was the best mark on the team for players who were targeted at least 10 times. If he played more games he could’ve supplanted Agholor as the best signing. He needs to be more available but looks to be a solid middle linebacker.

Kwit was one of the few bright spots on our defense last season. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Wow he was better than Whitehead Lololol 🤦🏽‍♂️

Chief he generated turnovers and covered pretty well. He also made tackles. He was also playing with a pretty mediocre DL. Were you expecting luke keuchly? We’re paying him 6-7 mil a year. Not exactly emptying out the checkbook.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Lol pff lol

So because the team might not resign morrow you’re gonna bash Kwiatkoski who plays middle linebacker, not weak side? 

Like slander Erik Harris or even Nevin Lawson (who’s actually a decent 4th corner). Why are you going after one of the few good defenders that we have?

5 minutes ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

So because the team might not resign morrow you’re gonna bash Kwiatkoski who plays middle linebacker, not weak side? 

Like slander Erik Harris or even Nevin Lawson (who’s actually a decent 4th corner). Why are you going after one of the few good defenders that we have?

Lol can you make a list of players I can’t criticize