2021 NFL Draft Thread

Humble_Beast

14 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

I personally think he has the potential to be a 10 sack a year guy. He’s a freak athlete and he’d kill the combine if it was happening. Definitely needs to put it all together but I think him coming in and not having to be the guy right away is huge. I see him getting sacks at edge and from an interior DL position.  He’d thrive in a multiple front defense like Bradley’s and he’s got way more juice than Ferrell. 

Rashan Geary 2.0 does mich not teach pass rushing

3 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

That Arnette pick really screwed us... you don’t spend the 19th pick in a guy who has a ceiling to be a CB2 or Nickle.... I’m really liking Jaycee Horn, guy has a ceiling to be a star.. But I would hate to draft corner again, and to draft 3 corners high in 3 years...

CB was a weird spot at that pick, because after Terrell there was a bit of a drop. Next one I had on my board was probably Fulton and I guess the NFL didn't value him as much, as he fell to the late 2nd round. then there were guys like Gladney, Johnson, Diggs... none of whom stood out as rookies either.

but rookie corners struggled all over, except for what, Sneed and Dantzler? even Okudah and Henderson had rough years

Edited by Turnobili

6 hours ago, BackinBlack said:

hah fair enough, I didnt know the context of how it was said, so probably shouldve just left it.

3-5 is where I had him this season. 
He is 3rd for me
Kelce
Kittle
Waller
and Waller really closed the gap end of season

I think Kelce is the best to be honest, and Waller/Kittle a wash... Kittle might be slightly more talented due his blocking and being physical but his durability knocks him down... Before the year started most people had Andrews and Ertz before Waller. He passed those guys.... 

Edited by Humble_Beast

7 hours ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

Rashan Geary 2.0 does mich not teach pass rushing

I never understood the R. Gary hype at all.  Chase Winovich I believe was the other DE that played on the opposite end of him and was clearly the better player.  I remember watching Gary's highlights on YouTube and Winovich was clearly popping out way more than Gary.  Of course the Patriots drafted Winovich and pretty much proved me right.  I mean his 11 sacks aren't the greatest but they're clearly better than C. Ferrell's stats.  Especially for where he was drafted compared to Ferrell as well.  I don't watch a lot of college football but its really easy to understand some of the posters here when they bang the table for a player just to see him go to another team and do great.  Winovich was one of the few players I banged the table for just to see him go to the team I hate the most.

Edited by Jerry
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Kelce is the best to be honest, and Waller/Kittle a wash... Kittle might be slightly more talented due his blocking and being physical but his durability knocks him down... Before the year started most people had Andrews and Ertz before Waller. He passed those guys.... 

I never understood how people Could think Waller was in line with Andrews and Ertz.  He clearly was a whole tier above.  It simply was the fact they doubted he’d be able to maintain the level of success let alone would surpass it.

23 hours ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

Had a quick break this afternoon and the mock bug bit so here is a little something!

Cuts:

-Larmarcus Joyner

-Tyrell Williams

-Richie Incognito

Free Agency/Resigns:

-Denzelle Good, IOL (resign) I want to keep continuity on the OL and Good has earned the right to be paid like an average starter, he can take over Incognito's spot without a doubt, no need to create more holes than we already have. 

-Nelson Agholor, WR (resign) Pretty obvious resign here. He thrived in this system and if we can actually utilize Ruggs/Edwards then I expect even more impact from Agholor as a true 2/3 instead of parading as a 1. 

-Nicholas Morrow, LB (resign) Good depth and has played all over our defense same idea imo as good but I believe NM is depth only, not a starter moving forward. I doubt he gets starter money somewhere else to be honest.

-Melvin Ingram, Edge (FA) we need impact pass rushers and yes there is an injury history here coupled with higher than ideal age but I believe he can still play and if Bradley signs off on it I really think Ingram would be an ideal player to come in and gives us some juice and experience off the edge.

-Justin Simmons, FS (FA) until there is more smoke about him returning a guy can dream okay. He would be a great fit in Bradley's scheme and frees up JA to do what he does best.

Draft:

1.17 - Kwity Paye, Edge Michigan

Paye really does fit the mold of what Mayock has identified as his ideal high round picks. He comes into a situation where we already have Clelin, Maxx, and Ingram so there isn't huge pressure to produce right away but he can when called upon. At 6'4 280 Paye has the size to move all around the front line and adds to the stable of horses we are gathering this offseason to get after the QB.

2.49 - Jay Tufele, IDL USC

One of my favorite players in this draft and a homer pick for sure as I've seen every snap of his at SC. Tufele is incredibly versatile (noticing a pattern?) and has great get off and lateral agility for a 300+ pounder. When he got to SC he made noise as a freshman and has gotten significantly better each year. I truly believe if he didn't sit out this past year and had a combine to test out in he would be a consensus first rounder. I hope we can snag him in the middle of the 2nd round. 

3.80 - Joe Tryon, OLB Washington

His stock continues to rise and he may be more of a 1/2 than a 2/3 when it's all said and done but I'll put him in round 3 for now. Tryon can rush with a hand in the dirt or from an OLB position and I think he fits well into Bradley's scheme. You can see a pattern in this first three picks...get after Mahomes! Tryon is incredibly loose and explosive and is pretty fluid for his size when asked to play the edge and move laterally.  

4. 121 - Caden Sterns, S Texas

Another player whose stock I think will rise as the process (what's left of it) continues to play out. He's not a true single high safety but with the addition of Simmons and JA in place already we need talent on the backend to provide depth and versatility. IMO Sterns can play either spot in a pinch and can excel on ST's early on in his career.

5. 161 - Ambry Thomas, CB Michigan

One of my favorite mid-late round CB targets. I think we have decent talent at CB but we saw this year how quickly that can change with injuries. Good CB's rarely make it to FA and when they do they are incredibly overpaid. I like Thomas a developmental prospect that can provide depth and ST's play year one. 

7. 244 - Tamorrion Terry, WR Florida State

Has great size at 6'4 200+ pounds but really never put it all together at FSU. Now we know FSU hasn't exactly been a pillar of stability and good QB play the last few years so I think TT's underperformance isn't all on him. He does need to be more aggressive at times and you'd like to see less drops but in the 7th round he is exactly the type of player this offense can take a flyer on with 0 pressure for him to perform year 1. He can take the place of Ateman lol

Overall I would've liked to get at least one trade back done to pick up an OL but I plan on doing a more in depth mock off season later if that's something people are interested in with more write ups, numbers, and graphics. Obviously this mock was incredibly defensive heavy and I don't see it any other way to be honest. Our offense is sufficient as is, we need to invest FA money and draft capital into the defense. I would like to sign add one more WR in FA/draft as well. 

Quick Depth Chart (may have forgotten some FA's/resigns)

Offense:

QB: Derek Carr // Marcus Mariota

RB: Josh Jacobs // Devontae Booker // Jalen Richard

FB: Alec Ingold

WR: Nelson Agholor // Bryan Edwards // Tamorrion Terry

WR: Henry Ruggs // Zay Jones

Slot: Hunter Renfrow

TE: Darren Waller // Foster Moreau

LT: Kolton Miller // Brandon Parker

LG: Denzelle Good // John Simpson

C : Rodney Hudson // Andre James

RG: Gabe Jackson // John Simpson

RT: Trent Brown // Sam Young

Defense:

Edge: Clelin Ferrel // Kwity Paye

DT: Jonathan Hankins // Jay Tufele

DT: Maurice Hurst // Kendall Vickers

Edge: Carl Nassib // Maxx Crosby

OLB/Edge: Melvin Ingram // Joe Tryon

LB: Nick Kwiatkowski // Raekwon McMillian

LB: Corey Littleton // Nicholas Morrow

CB: Trayvon Mullen // Isaiah Johnson // Keisean Nixon

CB: Damon Arnette // Nevin Lawson //  Amik Robertson // Ambry Thomas

FS: Justin Simmons // Erik Harris // Caden Stearns

SS: Jonathan Abrams // Jeff Heath

Thanks for making it this far and cheers!

Damn stealing all my favorite prospects in the later rounds!  I love Thomas and Terry.  We need a big fast reserve WR, losing T.Williams sucked.  I also really like Tyron.... he’s more athletic than people give him credit.... he could take snaps as the SAM.

8 minutes ago, jimkelly02 said:

I never understood how people Could think Waller was in line with Andrews and Ertz.  He clearly was a whole tier above.  It simply was the fact they doubted he’d be able to maintain the level of success let alone would surpass it.

Yeah idk.. prolly because he came out of nowhere and was a Raider.

Edited by Humble_Beast

9 minutes ago, Jerry said:

Yeah I remember that.  Still didn't care.  The college tape didn't lie.

A classic example of why the combine is only suppose to be a measure of the threshold of athletic ability needed to move to the next level and play at the same level they did in college.  No one gets better because they ran fast.  If they could excel in college they won’t excel in the pros.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Jerry said:

I never understood the R. Gary hype at all.  Chase Winovich I believe was the other DE that played on the opposite end of him and was clearly the better player.  I remember watching Gary's highlights on YouTube and Winovich was clearly popping out way more than Gary.  Of course the Patriots drafted Winovich and pretty much proved me right.  I mean his 11 sacks aren't the greatest but they're clearly better than C. Ferrell's stats.  Especially for where he was drafted compared to Ferrell as well.  I don't watch a lot of college football but its really easy to understand some of the posters here when they bang the table for a player just to see him go to another team and do great.  Winovich was one of the few players I banged the table for just to see him go to the team I hate the most.

Yea I liked chase but moved on to maxx after some off field stuff. 

craziest thing one year Detroit copied the first three rounds of my mock.

ziggy, slay , Warford

that hella pissed me off I think we got dj that year

55 minutes ago, Jerry said:

If there was ever a season where we should just trade picks for proven vets, this is it.

That would make since if it was not for the cap.  Maybe trade down and see how many picks in the late 3rd and early 4th you can get.  There should be more than a handful of good players that are going to slip through the cracks.