2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

19 minutes ago, xrade said:

Maybe I am missing something with AVT. He was a OT in college, true?  Did he ever play OG?  Is he so much better than Creed or Dickerson?  Jenkins I understand because he can play OG/OT. If Fant fails then we already have an in-house option.

He played OG and LT for USC. He's a dominant run blocker. He's best suited for OG in the NFL bc of his size. So he's a Day 1 starter at OG. 

1 hour ago, xrade said:

Maybe I am missing something with AVT. He was a OT in college, true?  Did he ever play OG?  Is he so much better than Creed or Dickerson?  Jenkins I understand because he can play OG/OT. If Fant fails then we already have an in-house option.

Austin Jackson.. Remember him. Vera Tucker moved outside to replace AJ last year.

5 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Doesn’t have the production... but is huge, fast and quick. He’s still new to football as well. Can be molded as a player still.

Yeah people worried about Claypool being a WR and he turned out the best 2nd best rookie WR. For Harris, like most prospects, it’s all about where he goes and how he’s used. 

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Yeah people worried about Claypool being a WR and he turned out the best 2nd best rookie WR. For Harris, like most prospects, it’s all about where he goes and how he’s used. 

For sure. I think he'd best be served at WR. Who he goes to, is big for him as you said. That skill set is exciting to think about though.

1 hour ago, Bobby816 said:

I have a hunch we really like Jenkins and Newsome. And if the drop to that late teen range... we might make a move for one of them. I value OL more so than CB... so I hope it would be for Jenkins.

I wouldn't be mad, honestly. I don't think we would move up for Newsome, but I could see us moving up to a position that gives us a chance to come away with AVT, Jenkins, Farley, or Jenkins. I hope to keep our picks, but I'm open to moving up. 

• Like 1

Would anyone else consider using that 2nd we have from Carolina next year and using it to move up and get a falling star like a Waddle or Smith? Every year some players drop and I feel we could make use of our draft assets.

I’d only consider trading up for an offensive player however using that pick as I believe whatever gained in the Sam trade should be used to help our new franchise qb.  

• Like 2