2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

9 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Draft TLaw at 1 and trade our SEA 1st and SEA 3rd to move up and get Devonta Smith

All for this especially with us getting more ammo once we move Darnold. Say we trade Sam to the bears for a 2nd and something extra, Imagine leaving draft day with Trevor Lawrence, Davonta Smith, Carlos Basham, and Chuba Hubbard

33 minutes ago, Dr.O said:

All for this especially with us getting more ammo once we move Darnold. Say we trade Sam to the bears for a 2nd and something extra, Imagine leaving draft day with Trevor Lawrence, Davonta Smith, Carlos Basham, and Chuba Hubbard

Imagine my trade and Etienne being there at 33 and coming out with TLaw, Smith and Etienne with our 1st 3 picks. Maybe trade Darnold for a late 2nd and we’d still have the 1st pick in Round 3 as well.

Get 3 studs on offense right away.

42 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Imagine my trade and Etienne being there at 33 and coming out with TLaw, Smith and Etienne with our 1st 3 picks. Maybe trade Darnold for a late 2nd and we’d still have the 1st pick in Round 3 as well.

Get 3 studs on offense right away.

Im not a big trade up guy but I would sign up for this in heartbeat and it would be a dream scenario. We'd still have to add a legit OG in FA if this is the way we want to go in the draft OR pray Clarke is a starter. God that would be exceptional. Imagine having an offense that could score with the best of them just ONCE in our lifetime...

14 minutes ago, rickyt31 said:

I really hope we give Cornell Powell a look. He's been receiving more targets and his last 3 games have been for 176, 161, and 105 yards. He didn't get any looks last season because of the amount of WRs they had. 

Ya he has the Cotchery type game in him. Nothing flashy... but gets the job done. I’d be happy with him as a possession WR. He certainly wouldn’t be the answer for us at WR (I’d still think Mims has more talent than him). But he’d be great for depth.

6 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Ya he has the Cotchery type game in him. Nothing flashy... but gets the job done. I’d be happy with him as a possession WR. He certainly wouldn’t be the answer for us at WR (I’d still think Mims has more talent than him). But he’d be great for depth.

I'm looking at him as the future replacement for Crowder. He's going to run a great 40time, so I know his stock will rise but will still be a mid round pick. I'd like to sign or trade for a big WR and then draft someone like him later. We'll go into 2022 season with Mims, WR FA, and Powell who Lawrence already is working well with. 

If we are going make the passing game work next years, we are going to need a top running back either Travis Etienne or any other top RB. And we must get one in the second round, no later. Look how lousy Miami offensive look with those lousy RB today. I think the biggest thing we learn today is that Darnold, is not the future franchise QB that Macc thought he would be when he moved up in the draft to pick him. I was one of the people that was making excuses why Darnold was failing.

Before I end this rant where the **** was Herndon today, another no show.

10 hours ago, Dr.O said:

I dont see any team giving us a 2nd for Darnold. If you were the bears would you give a 2nd for him? I sure as heck wouldnt. 

1 hour ago, doumeyer said:

If we are going make the passing game work next years, we are going to need a top running back either Travis Etienne or any other top RB. And we must get one in the second round, no later. Look how lousy Miami offensive look with those lousy RB today. I think the biggest thing we learn today is that Darnold, is not the future franchise QB that Macc thought he would be when he moved up in the draft to pick him. I was one of the people that was making excuses why Darnold was failing.

Before I end this rant where the **** was Herndon today, another no show.

not quite. he was asked to blocked 95% of the time today it felt like. 

26 minutes ago, KodiakThunder said:

I dont see any team giving us a 2nd for Darnold. If you were the bears would you give a 2nd for him? I sure as heck wouldnt. 

I still think a team does. He definitely has hurt his stock though. Hes always unavailable and a turnover machine. He needs a ton of work.

33 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

I still think a team does. He definitely has hurt his stock though. Hes always unavailable and a turnover machine. He needs a ton of work.

My only point is that if you wouldnt trade a 2nd for him, why would another team? There's just better options than a QB whose drastically underperformed, has had health issues, as well as only 1 yr of control. 

Lawrence is the clear lock right now. Free Agency will determine a lot. We need an EDGE really bad for the defense. I’m willing to go into the season with Bless, Poole and Hall as our top 3 Corners with Mosley and possibly Peanut coming back at ILB. The front is set with Q and Fatukasi and Maye/Davis at Safety should be fine.

41 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Lawrence is the clear lock right now. Free Agency will determine a lot. We need an EDGE really bad for the defense. I’m willing to go into the season with Bless, Poole and Hall as our top 3 Corners with Mosley and possibly Peanut coming back at ILB. The front is set with Q and Fatukasi and Maye/Davis at Safety should be fine.

Easier said than done. Poole and Maye are FAs. Neither worthy of a tag and would need to be resigned.

I agree about edge being a huge need. But when you have the worst offense in the league like we do. All valuable picks need to be spent on offense nearly. So I am all for a edge in FA or via trade.

• Like 1