2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

58 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Listen man, Jared Goff has possibly the best offensive mind in football working with him and still sucks. Sam is Sam, nothing and no one except Sam can change that. He's a 23 year old who sucks, he was a 22 year old who sucked and a 21 year old who was JUST 21 YEARS OLD. 

You dont build around a Quarterback who needs all of that to be successful. He'll likely be here but he's gotta earn it going forward, no more hand holding. 

You have to go with Sam beacsue after T Law there is nothing there. I guess you can go after Marcus Mariota type guy but I just don't see Fields, Wison, Trask or any other one that great. I think these guys are talkd up. 

2 minutes ago, jetfuel34 said:

You have to go with Sam beacsue after T Law there is nothing there. I guess you can go after Marcus Mariota type guy but I just don't see Fields, Wison, Trask or any other one that great. I think these guys are talkd up. 

You keep Sam but guarantee him nothing long term. 

4 hours ago, JetsandI said:

Marcus Mariota is due to have 10m for 2021. Raiders could cut him.

Mariota

Trubisky

Taylor

Sudfeld

Winston

Smith

Newton

Not really much to choice but whoever gets cheapest paycheck to try to beat out Darnold for starting gig next year.

Would love to bring in Mariota in to compete and trade down from 2. Been watching Fields tape. I dont think hes special but the right coach and scheme he could be solid. Hes not wortht the 2nd pick in my honest opinion but the new coach might want to make that move. Jets need to be prepared to have a MUCH better running attack in 2021 because whoever the QB is, they are going to need to run heavy. 

Fields is who I think we still get at 2. But I will heighten now weapons and OL in the picks after that. Where I did have us going some D with those picks. I think we have to flood Fields with weapons and protection. Set him Up to succeed. Something we haven’t done with a young QB yet.

4 minutes ago, Bobby816 said:

Give me Fields, Waddle and Harris with those 1st 3 picks ;)

If we take fields grab a RB and as many OL as you can because we will need to run the ball to win. Same identity as the 2019 Ravens...run...run with QB...throw when absolutely necessary. I think Fields needs a ton of work as a passer. Having an arm is great...everyone has one though. Being able to know where to go with the ball is another thing. He is nowhere close yet. Jets will need to run the ball very very well with him like we did with Sanchez. I know you're going to hate this because you want like 3 WRs, I just cant see him coming in the league and being a good passer in year one. 

15 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

If we take fields grab a RB and as many OL as you can because we will need to run the ball to win. Same identity as the 2019 Ravens...run...run with QB...throw when absolutely necessary. I think Fields needs a ton of work as a passer. Having an arm is great...everyone has one though. Being able to know where to go with the ball is another thing. He is nowhere close yet. Jets will need to run the ball very very well with him like we did with Sanchez. I know you're going to hate this because you want like 3 WRs, I just cant see him coming in the league and being a good passer in year one. 

I don’t see why not. He’s not TLaw good. But he’s still darn good. If we can add a very talented WR in FA and draft a guy in the 1st few rounds... we are good at WR. And if we can add a talented young back... it could only help. We need 1 OG. That’s it IMO on the OL. Becton, Elf, McGovern, FA or drafted player and Fant is a good OL. 

Since Elf is killing it and may have earned a starting spot going into next season.  Since adding him, we've had the breakout rushing game against Oakland and we shut down Donald. He's doing something right.  

Everything we were planning to do for Lawrence goes for the other QBs. I still like the idea of signing a top WR and drafting a RB somewhere.  

Are you guys high?  Mariota? Winston?  Come on.  These guys weren’t good as starters and still aren’t good.

If they go away from Sam, the only NFL QB I’d want is Dak.

My thought now is towards the salary cap.  I don’t want to pay Sam, so I’m drafting Fields and actually building around him, correcting the mistake that they made with  Sam.