2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

1 minute ago, Bianconero said:

The fact that we messed this up is too much to accept

Really, the whole point of keeping Gase throughout the season was to land TL.  I still think Fields could be the pick for the Jet's though, and he's got the same physical abilities as Lawrence.

7 minutes ago, Deadeye said:

Really, the whole point of keeping Gase throughout the season was to land TL.  I still think Fields could be the pick for the Jet's though, and he's got the same physical abilities as Lawrence.

Yeah he’s nowhere close to Lawrence from a cerebral aspect or physical. 

The hype and expectations for Lawrence is going to be HUGE for the Jags that if he just has a so so/ good year I feel many are going to be disappointed. I don’t think he’s going to bust in terms of being a bad qb but what if he busts in terms of being a generational player that everyone thinks he’s going to be? 

But I still think the Jets should trade Darnold and sign a vet like Stafford to start the season and draft Wilson or Fields at 2 and let them sit a bit. And who knows Wilson or Fields may end up being better than TLaw in the long run. I just think the important thing this draft is to draft one of them at 2 and NOT pass on one of them 

• Like 1

We will need to make a trade to land Stafford.  Pass.

I think Arthur Smith and Zach Wilson may be a good start up tandem.  Art's father owns FedEx and Zach's uncle owns JetBlue. 

Also, I hear that Wilson is projected to be dominating during scouting months.  Such as interviews, predraft crap, etc.