2021 Draft Thread

Abe56

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

With all these teams with young QBs, I expect a bidding war for Sewell. Someone will try to jump the dolphins for him. 

Pretty wild that Miami is able to compete for a WC spot while holding the #3 pick right now. 

I'm curious to see if they drop down if someone line sewell is gone. They could drop to the bottom of the top ten, pick up good assets, and still feel their needs with Parsons and chase/Smith. 

If they got someone to come way up for a qb? Oh man. A top 15 pick this year, plus whatever their normal pick is. You know they'd get another second and next year's first as well from that sort of trade. They could be set up so huge

To draft Sewell at 2 we have to be adding weapons in FA and with quality picks in the draft.

But our OL does become elite if we draft him. Elflein has been great in his few games here. I was screaming for him in the draft. And we passed on him. He’s a must resign. So to have Becton, Elflein, McGovern and Sewell is elite. Yes another OG is still needed. But that’s 4 very talented OLineman. So we might not need that big name like Thuney. If we know we’re drafting Sewell (Elflein has been at LG and that’s where Thuney plays).

But we’d have to get a star WR in FA we’d absolutely have to. I’d even be happy with grabbing 2 guys so we don’t “need” a guy in the draft. Get a star and then get a guy with very high upside like a Corey Davis (who shouldn’t command a huge contract like AR15 or JuJu). 

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

To draft Sewell at 2 we have to be adding weapons in FA and with quality picks in the draft.

But our OL does become elite if we draft him. Elflein has been great in his few games here. I was screaming for him in the draft. And we passed on him. He’s a must resign. So to have Becton, Elflein, McGovern and Sewell is elite. Yes another OG is still needed. But that’s 4 very talented OLineman. So we might not need that big name like Thuney. If we know we’re drafting Sewell (Elflein has been at LG and that’s where Thuney plays).

But we’d have to get a star WR in FA we’d absolutely have to. I’d even be happy with grabbing 2 guys so we don’t “need” a guy in the draft. Get a star and then get a guy with very high upside like a Corey Davis (who shouldn’t command a huge contract like AR15 or JuJu). 

I'm against drafting Sewell but if we did then I want Harris running behind this OL.

4 hours ago, Bobby816 said:

Right year to do it. Have you seen the class right now? Crazy stacked. I'm sure not all will hit the market, but still. Davis will get bigger deal than you think. He'll definitely be over 10 

13 hours ago, Forge said:

I'm curious to see if they drop down if someone line sewell is gone. They could drop to the bottom of the top ten, pick up good assets, and still feel their needs with Parsons and chase/Smith. 

If they got someone to come way up for a qb? Oh man. A top 15 pick this year, plus whatever their normal pick is. You know they'd get another second and next year's first as well from that sort of trade. They could be set up so huge

Right. Miami will be appealing to vets because they feel like they have a chance to win and they are set in this draft. They are going to be tough the next couple of years. 

2 hours ago, rickyt31 said:

Right. Miami will be appealing to vets because they feel like they have a chance to win and they are set in this draft. They are going to be tough the next couple of years. 

We're a year behind Miami, two/three behind Buffalo. However our process is our own and we should stay the course. Right now we have a decent foundation just need to make sure we keep making good decisions. 

Jets cannot go wrong if they draft

(1) Zach Wilson 3rd overall pick

(2) Travis Ettiene 29th Overall pick (assuming the Seahawks go deep in the playoffs)

(3) Wyatt Davis OG (2nd round pick)

rest of the draft focus on best play available vs needs (balance it out). 

Sign Allen Robinson in free agency.....(cut Perriman) 

address the Corner back position in free agency

Keep Darnold around as insurance. Let Zach wilson and Darnold battle it out at training camp. Wilson will win this battle and start the season. 

4 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

We're a year behind Miami, two/three behind Buffalo. However our process is our own and we should stay the course. Right now we have a decent foundation just need to make sure we keep making good decisions. 

I agree. I'm not saying we should do anything different, but they made a really good leap while locking in a top 5 pick. That's a dream situation. As long as we land the right coach, I do think we'll be competitive in 2 years. 

2 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I'm not sure why people keep mocking Allen Robinson to us.

Lol seriously there isn’t a chance in hell. Jets fans really are delusional. We could have all the cap in the world it’s not happening. We don’t have a QB and we are in no position to start overpaying for free agents. See Lev Bell. Got cut before two years lol. We’d have to pay Robinson an obscene amount of money to come here not knowing whose throwing him the ball to the point where it’s really not worth it.