Best rookies by position in 2020

Danger

2 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

130 total yds and 2TD in the SB is just going to be tossed aside for a rookie

Because one game doesn't make the player. EX Sony Michel killed it in the playoff and SB. Next year average at best. There  was another guy who went crazy in the SB (204 yards) Tim Smith who didn't do much after the SB.

Now if you team is KC you will see 1st hand how incredible Clyde will be  IMO he's a McCaffrey clone. Yes I know he's not as fast but that is nothing compared to his overall game.

1 hour ago, brushmyhair said:

lot of people sleeping on Mims

Not really. He has no chance at being the best rookie WR. In year 3 he might be one of the best WR's in this class, but not this year. Also, Rivers looked like a poor mans Jameis last year and Mims will likely be playing outside against #1 or #2 cb's. Lamb has the easiest path to best rookie WR, as he's basically guaranteed to start at slot WR and be used like Cooper Kupp w/a side of extra yac going against a bunch of average slot cb's. Also, every secondary in the NFCE is bad. This is Lambs race to lose.

Edit, for some reason I thought Mims was on the Colts, but the fact still remains Lamb has the easiest path to 1000 yards, and I'm definitely not trusting Darnold to get Mims the stats he would need to be in the convo.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

QB: Joe Burrow (Not even close. Even if his stats aren't that great, he's going to play 5 or so more games than any other rookie QB)
RB: Cam Akers (Think he ends up sharing the ball less than Clyde/Taylor/Swift/Dobbins)
WR: Ced Lamb
TE: Colby Parkinson (No rookie TE will have a "good" season, imo)
OT: Jed Willis
OG: Robert Hunt, unless Wirfs starts at OG
OC: Cesar Ruiz
EDGE: Chase Young
DT: Marlon Davidson
MLB/ILB: Logan Wilson (I think MLB is tougher to play than ILB, so I give a slight edge to Wilson over the Raven's ILB's and Kenneth Murray. All of them should have good rookie seasons though)
OLB: Isaiah Simmons

S: Kyle Dugger
CB: Jaylon Johnson (Should be the #2 CB on a very good D)

Edited by Jeezla

3 hours ago, Nabbs4u said:

Why does everyone keep assuming the player who had 130 total yds and 2TD in the SB is just going to be tossed aside for a rookie? Not start and cut into CEH reps much like Miles Sanders went through last year in Philly the 1st 1/2 of the season? A rookie learning a Andy Reid complex offense in this Covid virtual training world the NFL is currently in? No Rookie camp, no OTA's, no hands on reps to correct, ect...

At most CEH will be splitting reps his rookie year with Damien Williams baring injury. Now his 2nd year, yes look out. I just dont think he'll put up the numbers needed to supplant one of the rookie QB's who will probably win the award.

Nothing you said is wrong, but I do have some doubts that KC would take this kid with the intent to sparsely use him. You have good points and I ultimately agree that CEH probably won’t get the usage it’d take to be the best rookie RB (or OROY), but I can see Reid rocking the RB boat a little bit with this FRP. 

1 hour ago, Yin-Yang said:

Nothing you said is wrong, but I do have some doubts that KC would take this kid with the intent to sparsely use him. You have good points and I ultimately agree that CEH probably won’t get the usage it’d take to be the best rookie RB (or OROY), but I can see Reid rocking the RB boat a little bit with this FRP. 

I have no doubt Andy saw a potential weapon to utilized. Just dont think it's going to be as easy a transition as people are making it out to be for rookies in general learning Offenses doing everything virtually. Let alone everything that entails in a Andy Reid offense for a RB.

IMO he will be brought along slowly at first like Sanders, limiting his overall production for OROY,  just like Miles in 2019 when compared to his peers.

Edited by Nabbs4u

2 hours ago, Jeezla said:

Not really. He has no chance at being the best rookie WR. In year 3 he might be one of the best WR's in this class, but not this year. Also, Rivers looked like a poor mans Jameis last year and Mims will likely be playing outside against #1 or #2 cb's. Lamb has the easiest path to best rookie WR, as he's basically guaranteed to start at slot WR and be used like Cooper Kupp w/a side of extra yac going against a bunch of average slot cb's. Also, every secondary in the NFCE is bad. This is Lambs race to lose.

Edit, for some reason I thought Mims was on the Colts, but the fact still remains Lamb has the easiest path to 1000 yards, and I'm definitely not trusting Darnold to get Mims the stats he would need to be in the convo.

Wow. Darnold has his Left Tackle to give him enough time to get Mims the ball downfield. As for Rivers, His offensive line let him down. 

On 4/27/2020 at 9:55 PM, onejayhawk said:

No love for the obvious rookie of the year, Clyde Edwards-Helaire. What's with that?

J

He's not a QB, so he's not winning a thing. Maybe a Super Bowl... But no individual awards.

I like him, though. He'll be a great add to KC.

26 minutes ago, ET80 said:

He's not a QB, so he's not winning a thing. Maybe a Super Bowl... But no individual awards.

I like him, though. He'll be a great add to KC.

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think any of the rookie QB will make a splash. Next best choice is RB, so CEH or Taylor. I went with Clyde.

J

9 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

Maybe it's just me, but I don't think any of the rookie QB will make a splash. Next best choice is RB, so CEH or Taylor. I went with Clyde.

J

I think "splash" is subjective. If either Cincinnati or Miami wins 5-7 games, Burrow/Tua will be in the drivers' seat - even if the numbers aren't out of this world. (I call this the Kyler Murray paradox - AJ Brown and Josh Jacobs were superior to Murray last season, but Murray still won it with "good... for a Rookie" QB numbers and a season that wasn't as bad as 2018). 

It's not RIGHT... but what is in a QB driven league?

19 minutes ago, onejayhawk said:

J

I'll also say there's a ton of hype on this WR class, so those guys are going to get a ton of media love if they're performing. You'll hear the announcers gush on how [insert WR here] is "proving himself to be the top of this star studded rookie WR class" or something similar.

ROY awards are more subjective than other year end awards; Other awards are sort of limited because you have to be on a winning team (MVP) or your stats have to be elite (OPOY/DPOY). With ROY, the position/players with superior numbers can lose to a guy who leads their team to a better win total compared to the prior season for their team. In addition, I'd say that the more successful the team a rookie is on, the less likely a rookie is up for consideration (because how good is a rookie... on a team with the establishes parts to go on a big run?) The narrative on the WR class, and the storyline of a guy "rising up and helping a team get better than last season" carries a ton of weight.

For these reasons, I think CEH has an uphill battle.

3 hours ago, Jeezla said:

OG: Robert Hunt, unless Wirfs starts at OG

Nope. Wirfs is all but a given to start at RT. We signed Haeg in free agency so he's probably penciled in as the starter right now. But we traded a fourth to take Wirfs and Haeg offers experience at every position on the line. So it makes too much sense to not start Wirfs at OT, and have Haeg as our sixth guy. Unless Wirfs looks terrible in whatever preseason/practice(s) there might be.

On 5/2/2020 at 3:43 PM, Jeezla said:

If Mims does hit a 1000 yards then it's because Mims was being Mims.