Goldfish's Way Too Early Draft Rankings 2020 (All up)

goldfishwars

8 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Is this serious? Sutton probowl wr, Fant one of the best up and coming move tight ends in the game sub 4.5 Albert O also sub 4.5

Jeudy one of the best route runners coming out in recent memory high upside. Hamler blazing fast Tyreek Hill type speed gonna be a good slot.

Gordon and Lindsay in the backfield.

If you believe in Drew Lock and potential this has all the makings to be an offense up there with the Chiefs 

I understand the Chiefs are proven that's the big difference.

Patrick Mahomes >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Drew Lock.

Ya, Denver needs to try and keep up with KC. They have some nice pieces, but none that are close to the two top pieces that KC has on offense. Its more than premature to compare them, one hasn't been born and the other is a total chad already. 

EDIT - And its arguable that KC's top 3 offensive pieces are better. If you don't take age into account, its pretty easy to take Kelce over Sutton. The age, salary and potential of Sutton make it a discussion. 

So, ya, when a team pretty clearly has 3 offensive skill players better than your team, you cant compare them. 

But Denver is certainly assembling an offensive stable that potentially could come close, and make a game w/ KC interesting assuming the defense continues to play well. But even if all of our offensive players max their potential, they wont be as good as prime KC. Lock looks good, potentially really good, but Mahomes is likely to be in the discussion for top-5 QB to play the game once his career is over, assuming he doesn't get addicted to bath salts or something. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010

Two words--Ted Ginn.

That is not a crazy comparison, but I truly think Hamler is better as a true WR. One, I think if KJ tested he would be closer to 4.27 than Ted's 4.37. He just has more speed IMO. In addition, KJ was more productive in college. 

KJ Hamler - 2 seasons - 98 catches, 1658 yards, 16.9 YPC, 13 TD

Ted Ginn Jr - 3 seasons - 135 catches, 1943 yards, 14.4 YPC, 15 TD

As a receiver, KJ is simply better. He is more natural, better at YPC and gets open downfield more. Then again, Ted was an ungodly returner coming out. That likely makes him the more attractive prospect overall. But Hamler certainly was the more gifted pass catcher IMO. 

Ginn has a career average of 14.9 YPC. I think Hamler will be a low'ish volume guy who gets that elusive 17+ YPC mark more years than not. 

But even if they are exactly the same, that's worth pick 46. Ginn has become quite underrated based on his penchant to bounce around from team to team. He has put up a really nice career. Not great for a #8 pick, but if he was taken where KJ was, you unquestionably would call him a tremendous pick. 

Edited by BroncosFan2010

43 minutes ago, BroncoBruin said:

They don’t have to be on KC’s level, they just need to consistently score in the 20s. Fangio is going to get the most out of his defenses. 

Yeah Denver has a very balanced team. They will for sure be a threat if the line and lock play well.

11 minutes ago, thebestever6 said:

Offenses when did I ever say Lock was a comparable QB? He's merely the point guard of an offense with immense potential

You used the word "comparable" to the Chiefs. 

There is no comparison between Lock and Mahomes.  Mahomes is the reason that offense is elite, not the supporting cast--which is still better than Denver's.

I like what Denver did this off-season. I have no problem with them being labeled the #1 draft/off-season. I just think it's very pie-in-the-sky to consider them comparable to the Chiefs. They're trying to build themselves like the Chiefs, but KC is successful because of their QB.

Edited by BleedTheClock

1 hour ago, BroncosFan2010 said:

EDIT - And its arguable that KC's top 3 offensive pieces are better. If you don't take age into account, its pretty easy to take Kelce over Sutton. The age, salary and potential of Sutton make it a discussion. 

Why would you compare Sutton to Kelce? It should be Fant compared to Kelce. 

Sutton should compare to Watkins which he does favorably.

Hamler to Hill which isn't close Hill is a stud

Jeudy the Chiefs have no one left to compare.

Edwards Helanie and Williams to Lindsay and Gordon.

Outside of Quarterback Denver's weapons compare favorably to the Chiefs they're just young.

Just now, BleedTheClock said:

There is no comparison between Lock and Mahomes.  Mahomes is the reason that offense is elite, not the supporting cast--which is still better than Denver's.

I disagree that the supporting cast is better I think it's more proven I don't think it's better time will tell.

And Andy Reid is an offensive guru let's give him some sorta credit Alex Smith was in the MVP race his last year there.

I think an offense can be comparable even though Mahomes is head and shoulders above Lock. I think Denver has a better ground game and with the addition of Jeudy and Hamler it's gonna make Locks job a lot easier making him look great.

And comparable can mean a ton of things T.O.P points per game and so on

40 minutes ago, BleedTheClock said:

Taking Lock out of this you are shorting the Chiefs offense big time. In 2017, they were 4th in offensive DVOA and Alex Smith was a borderline MVP candidate. Mahomes earned the recognition as top QB, but that is absolutely a top tier supporting cast.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

That started at pick 28, with Patrick Queen at off-ball linebacker which was 100% not a focus or need of this football team according to Ravens fans. Queen has rare closing speed and explodes into gaps to shut down runners before plays can develop. He’s got easy movements in space which indicates he could match up regularly on tight ends if needed. 

The team faked me out real good on this. Their press conferences and everything sold real hard that they were totally fine with having replacement level players at ILB. It didn't matter that is was a glaring sore spot and that what they did last year minimizing the position was by design and not desperation. Then the draft comes along and they abandon the ruse and go for two within the first 3 rounds. 

• Like 2

I think Denver will be one of, if not THE most improved teams this season. A lot of that will come from improved offensive production. But you're trippin' if you think it will be comparable to KC. Mahomes is already a cheat code, and then you add two other cheat codes in Hill and Kelce. 

I take the point about Fangio and the D, but if we're comparing offenses at this stage - well, we can't.

2 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

I take the point about Fangio and the D, but if we're comparing offenses at this stage - well, we can't.

I never once said they're comparable I merely said Elway is trying to build an offense comparable to the Chiefs. Whether it gets there or not remains to be seen.

I believe it will but as of right now it's literally the worst debate in FF history because Denver's hasn't done anything and potential literally only means you haven't done anything yet.

On 5/8/2020 at 5:49 PM, BleedTheClock said:

I like what Denver did this off-season. I have no problem with them being labeled the #1 draft/off-season. I just think it's very pie-in-the-sky to consider them comparable to the Chiefs. They're trying to build themselves like the Chiefs, but KC is successful because of their QB.

Well how many QBs are comparable to Mahones right now ? Maybe 1 maybe 2 ??  Over react much ...

Lock is at least 2 tiers down from Mahones but he has only played 5 games, let’s see what he develops into