Who's the strongest power RB of all time?

y*so*blu

I would have to go with Jimmy Brown, he weighed 240lbs. and still ran a 4.30 back when the biggest DT's only weighed 250lbs. It often took 5 guys to tackle him and even then, it was not uncommon for him to break free. The Browns ran the ball about 85% of the time, so defenses knew he was going to get the ball practically on every play and they still could not stop him. Earl Campbell and Riggins deserve honourable mention for sure and Jimmy Talyor of the Packers and Czonka of undefeated Miami weren't too shabby either. Not sure I got all the spelling of names correct.

I'm going to be a massive homer and mention Micheal Turner. He's not the most powerfull all time but I do think he deserves a small footnote way down the page somewhere.

Draging a 255 lb LB like it's no thang

And ofcourse the legendary Weems toss:

8 hours ago, DutchFalcon said:

I'm going to be a massive homer and mention Micheal Turner. He's not the most powerfull all time but I do think he deserves a small footnote way down the page somewhere.

Draging a 255 lb LB like it's no thang

And ofcourse the legendary Weems toss:

Always felt Turner was underrated, and some may forget just how good he was. At 245 pounds, Turner was somehow a 4.49 RB coming out of college. Extremely rare to see this combination of traits, faded in his age 30(and final season), but enjoyed an excellent career. Seeing a back of this size outrun defensive backs in the open field is very unusual.  

On 9/26/2017 at 10:18 AM, nextsuperstar1 said:

The last fullback. Oh for the days of Alstott and Larry Centers. 

Centers is a weird guy to pine for when thinking of the days of the fullback

Terrific player but not really the prototype. Neither was Alstott really.

When I think of prototype fullbacks I think Lorenzo Neal. Basically a short guard.

My favorite all-time offensive player is Mike Alstott, so him.

Why are fullbacks dead? Because you can use an H-Back now and do the same things a fullback was doing, with the added ability to leak him out on passing plays easier. H-Backs are not even close to dead and are integral parts of football. The fullback exists now...he's just playing in a different spot...and he's taller. But the idea of the fullback as a lead blocker still exists. A guy that kicks out DE's on the end of the LOS, a guy that iso blocks a linebacker, a guy that seals the edge on perimeter runs...it's the H-Back now.

Archived