2021 Draft Talk

swede700

Some highlights of Tommy Doyle, is more of a mauler and RT type despite his apparently athletic ability which could be a little inflated based on the numbers coming out of other pro days.  Spencer Brown I believe has the highest "RAS" score ever and Doyle is up there as well, seems a little coincidental and is clearly all coming from pro day timing.  

Still Doyle could be a hell of a pickup later in the draft if the Vikings can address OG early and get Doyle in the 3rd or 4th round.  

Fifty-eight prospects — 13 attending on-site in Cleveland and another 45 attending virtually — along with a host of NFL Legends and current stars are confirmed for the 2021 NFL Draft, which begins Thursday, April 29.

https://operations.nfl.com/updates/the-players/ninety-prospects-active-players-legends-to-be-honored-at-nfl-draft-in-cleveland/

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

I just realized that this will be my 17th draft as a part of this community. Crazy. 

It's #16 for me, since I didn't start until December of 2005...which was shortly after the Love Boat.  

It's funny that after Tice was fired, the top 3 candidates for the job in the forum were Childress, Kirk Ferentz and Gary Kubiak.  Future Vikings' DBs coach Jerry Gray was also on the top 10 list.

Edited by swede700
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, swede700 said:

It's #16 for me, since I didn't start until December of 2005...which was shortly after the Love Boat.  

It's funny that after Tice was fired, the top 3 candidates for the job in the forum were Childress, Kirk Ferentz and Gary Kubiak.  Future Vikings' DBs coach Jerry Gray was also on the top 10 list.

I think it’s 15 for me. I believe I started right before the 2007, AP draft. Wow, how life has changed in 15 years. It’s been a great ride. I love this site. Hoping for another 15+ years. I should be comfortably retired by then :). 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, wcblack34 said:

I think this is 16 for me. That is crazy. How long has this forum been going?

2004 I believe. The 2005 draft was this site’s first draft. 

I remember finding the link attached to Great Blue North Draft’s site while looking for more draft content. 

Edited by SemperFeist
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, swede700 said:

FWiW, I think I was a fan of Al Saunders getting the job.  I was disappointed that he never got a 2nd chance to be a HC anywhere.  

Edited by swede700

4 minutes ago, swede700 said:

FWiW, I think I was a fan of Al Saunders getting the job.  I was disappointed that he never got a 2nd chance to be a HC anywhere.  

I remember how happy we were that the Vikings poached the Packers’ top choice and they had to settle for McCarthy... 🤦‍♂️ 

• Like 1