The Everything Else Thread v. 8.0

titans0021

1 minute ago, TitanSlim said:

For some reason I had decided to subscribe about a week. Now today they add the Nashville section. Perfect timing. The talent level on there is certainly top notch.

As someone that has spent their entire adult life working in sports at two different newspapers, I fundamentally hate watching them steal the top writers for virtually every sports city in the country. I also recognize that they offer more stability than any writer can find anywhere else at this point and that the best way to get people (myself included) to pay for content is to offer massive variety. It's what has always prevented me from getting a subscription for PK.

4 hours ago, titans0021 said:

As someone that has spent their entire adult life working in sports at two different newspapers, I fundamentally hate watching them steal the top writers for virtually every sports city in the country. I also recognize that they offer more stability than any writer can find anywhere else at this point and that the best way to get people (myself included) to pay for content is to offer massive variety. It's what has always prevented me from getting a subscription for PK.

2 of the 3 Nashville guys were free lancing but obviously had good experience elsewhere. The concerning part will be once the VC behind The Athletic wants to see a profit. Not sure they'll be able to soon that at current prices and subs levels anytime soon. Enjoy it while we can I guess and hope for the best. 

3 hours ago, VY said:

2 of the 3 Nashville guys were free lancing but obviously had good experience elsewhere. The concerning part will be once the VC behind The Athletic wants to see a profit. Not sure they'll be able to soon that at current prices and subs levels anytime soon. Enjoy it while we can I guess and hope for the best. 

Yeah, they're expanding at an insane rate that I can't imagine being sustainable at the current price. Obviously the Nashville guys weren't huge names, but looking elsewhere at who they've been able to lure from bigger papers on big beats, they have to be burning through money right now. It's going to be pretty fascinating, because this is really the first experiment of it's kind. Never really seen a company have such a broad range of focus with this many writers try to build around online subs. It's probably good for the consumer in the short-term, but it's just another hit on the industry as a whole, and God knows the industry has taken enough of them. Why pay for your local sports section when you can pay less and get a similar amount of local coverage on top of some of the best national coverage?

• 2 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, KingTitan said:

So I got to meet all the Titans RB's today.  Fluellen, Lewis and Henry. They came to my school to do their NFL Play60.

Henry is a large human. Looks like he has absolutely 0 fat. 

N3lwUWU.jpg

Also couldn't help but notice the bond. While waiting for the students to come in the library. They were asking each other did they watch the game last night. 

Lewis talked about some good Tacos he had and how he fell asleep around 8:30pm. 

It was cool. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

Dion Lewis looks like he should still be in middle school.

Lol. I am in the video. I'll leave the mystery of exactly where. 

We had several students who were taller than Dion. Like 7th and 8th graders were taller than him. ?

All of them are pretty yoked up tho. None more than Derrick. 

Derrick's favorite subject in school... spelling. ?

1 hour ago, KingTitan said:

Lol. I am in the video. I'll leave the mystery of exactly where. 

We had several students who were taller than Dion. Like 7th and 8th graders were taller than him. ?

All of them are pretty yoked up tho. None more than Derrick. 

Derrick's favorite subject in school... spelling. ?

Joan... is that you?! Trying to throw us off with that King title...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...