TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

5 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If Gary Oldman was more selective of his roles, he would be considered GOAT.

Unfortunately, he picks a lot of **** movies and somehow elevates those **** movies, but his name gets dragged down just for the fact that he's in those **** movies.

There is not a better actor to have ever lived. 

That’s the thing. I loved his characters in a bunch of movies without even knowing they were played by the same actor. I went digging into IMDB to find out who played Sirius Black and was floored to discover that all of those singularly wonderful characters that were so awesome—and typically evil--were played by the same person.

Great quote from Big Papa Nito. That’s a still from The Professional. I would have known that movie scene before I knew that the actor was Oldman. That villain was coked up and cold-blooded, with all the confidence and unpredictability of an apex predator with rabies.

Like I said, I’m on to him now. Late, but I’m there.

And now I have to watch the movies you suggested. 

Imagine being an older QB if this season doesn’t happen.  That Love pick looks a lot better all things considered.  Would suck to lose a year of Z Smith’s prime and pay him that deal a year older each year, but overall I would like to think our roster is better equipped to deal with something like this long term than a lot of teams.  

This is baaaaad news for a QB like Brady and Brees.

14 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

If you had to come up with a new defensive position that has never been tried before, what would they do and what would you call them?

Goon. He would go out and cheap-shot the opposing team's star player removing both of them from the game.  

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Goon. He would go out and cheap-shot the opposing team's star player removing both of them from the game.  

1/10 stars.

Its dirty, very few players would agree to it and the shelf life of the position is one single game.  

Do better.

2 hours ago, Outpost31 said:

If you had to come up with a new defensive position that has never been tried before, what would they do and what would you call them?

Sprinter

Put a fast AF 225lb athlete in a sprinter stance with his heel on the sidelines at the LOS and have him sprint at the QB on every play. 

• Like 1

Just now, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sprinter

Put a fast AF 225lb athlete in a sprinter stance with his heel on the sidelines at the LOS and have him sprint at the QB on every play. 

8/10 points. 

If you did it for every play, you could get hurt deep quite often, but doing this towards the end of the game when the other team is down would really make things tough on them I think.  This is also the quickest way to end Aaron's Hail Mary play.  It could literally be a receiver, too. 

29 minutes ago, AlexGreen#20 said:

Sprinter

Cool idea, but it seems like it would take too long to get there. Its 71 feet from sideline to the near-hash, that's about 3 seconds for a speedster.
And one good juke from QB would send him flying off target. Even when teams call a corner cat and the CB blitzes- he doesn't always get there in time.
For a Hail Mary ? Absolutely. But the rest of the time it seems like a pretty big gamble

football-nfl-field-dimension-diagram-lrg

Just now, Shanedorf said:

Cool idea, but it seems like it would take too long to get there. Its 71 feet from sideline to the near-hash, that's about 3 seconds for a speedster.
And one good juke from QB would send him flying off target. Even when teams call a corner cat and the CB blitzes- he doesn't always get there in time.
For a Hail Mary ? Absolutely. But the rest of the time it seems like a pretty big gamble

football-nfl-field-dimension-diagram-lrg

Nice thing about a QB having to juke, eyes are no longer downfield and he has to move off his spot.

Or you just sub in a FB when that guy is put on the field and he takes care of the delayed blitz. 

I still like the idea of the FG blocker, 6'10 college basketball player that didn't make the NBA.  That guy could also be used to make it more difficult to pass in goal line plays, but I imagine that most people with that frame would be able to be pushed around by most football players.  Think of a guy like Cole Aldrich after he washed out of the NBA.  

I was wondering how difficult it is to jam a receiver.  The whole prompt came from wondering what else you can do with players like Burks who have all the physical tools that can’t quite put the mental together.  Josh Jones, Oren Burks, etc.  

17 hours ago, ThatJerkDave said:

I still like the idea of the FG blocker, 6'10 college basketball player that didn't make the NBA.

this scenario was one of the reasons why they limited the number of active players on Sunday. Used to be 46, now 48.
The League didn't want gimmick players like the one you suggested. They didn't want 400lb fullbacks on goal line plays, Olympic sprinters at WR etc.
They wanted football players
You can argue against that idea, but the owners felt it cheapened "their"  league