TAPT Version 70.0 Steve Dowden follows the rules

ThatJerkDave

13 hours ago, Mr Bad Example said:

Careful, people - the OJ thread in NFL News got locked after 4 pages and I'm surprised it lasted that long. 

Yeah.  It was weird to me that it got locked.  Nothing in there got heated.  I feel like most everyone had the same sort of thoughts and opinions on OJ the player and then OJ the person.

24 minutes ago, vegas492 said:

Yeah.  It was weird to me that it got locked.  Nothing in there got heated.  I feel like most everyone had the same sort of thoughts and opinions on OJ the player and then OJ the person.

Is it even that controversial anymore? 

I thought that everyone kind of agrees that he committed the murders, but the LAPD and prosecutors really screwed the pooch so he was (rightfully) acquitted.  Or am I incorrect in my assessment? 

Still, he was a great RB.  He was also really funny.  Nordberg was classic.  And his fantasy football updates were also pretty funny.  

1 hour ago, ThatJerkDave said:

Is it even that controversial anymore? 

I thought that everyone kind of agrees that he committed the murders, but the LAPD and prosecutors really screwed the pooch so he was (rightfully) acquitted.  Or am I incorrect in my assessment? 

Still, he was a great RB.  He was also really funny.  Nordberg was classic.  And his fantasy football updates were also pretty funny.  

No. In fact, it is not.  (controversial to say that he was responsible for those deaths)

No, IMO your assessment is correct.

Yes.  He was funny.

And still, with how that thread went down, I personally didn't see why it needed to be locked.

Also?  Not my monkeys, not my circus.

4 hours ago, Brat&Beer said:

Tiger shot 82 at Masters today. His worst round ever?

That was bad and yes probably his worst round ever. It’s sad how bad his body has broken down. He can barely walk a full round anymore. Golf needs to get their **** figured out, I love the Masters and have never been as disinterested as I have been this year.

9 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

That was bad and yes probably his worst round ever. It’s sad how bad his body has broken down. He can barely walk a full round anymore. Golf needs to get their **** figured out, I love the Masters and have never been as disinterested as I have been this year.

The golf was pretty good.  Conditions were tough.  not sure what Golf needs to figure out.  If you were disinterested because Tiger was not in contention, that is more a personal issue.  

42 minutes ago, TheGreatZepp said:

That there's the flaw when it comes to individual-based sports. They peak when a bonafide Rock Star emerges; think Tiger in golf, or even someone like Muhammad Ali in boxing. And then when said Rock Star either retires or declines, the hole left behind never really gets filled and so the sport declines back to what the norm was, or perhaps more accurately, declines even further because of the memories said Rock Star invokes working against the sport.