Nick's All-NFL Rebuild Draft - Discussion Thread

Nick

4 hours ago, grizmo78 said:

Nah, this would end up like fantasy football where people get overly attached to the draft spot they took players at and you'd get screwed over taking 4 qbs. 

Not as screwed over as the people who didn't take a QB early.

13 minutes ago, Blue said:

Not as screwed over as the people who didn't take a QB early.

Eh, I disagree. There are a decent amount of options at QB that would make one person taking 4 not that big of a deal. It would only give those who got a QB round 1 and didn't hoard, a much bigger advantage, and whoever took 4 a bigger disadvantage. Looks like there are different opinions though that would have made things a bit interesting but most likely too frustrating for everyone involved. Again, I liken it to fantasy football where even if it's a clear even trade, people get too hung up on past results and draft status. 

17 minutes ago, grizmo78 said:

Eh, I disagree. There are a decent amount of options at QB that would make one person taking 4 not that big of a deal. It would only give those who got a QB round 1 and didn't hoard, a much bigger advantage, and whoever took 4 a bigger disadvantage. Looks like there are different opinions though that would have made things a bit interesting but most likely too frustrating for everyone involved. Again, I liken it to fantasy football where even if it's a clear even trade, people get too hung up on past results and draft status. 

You're assuming it would be just one person.

If somebody taking four QBs isn't a big deal, then I guess we don't need to do a snake draft. Sweet!

11 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Lol what do those 2 things have in common. 

The justification for a snake draft is that the people drafting at the top have such a big advantage because they get top QBs, no? If y'all are fine with the 14th or 15th best QB as your starter, then clearly it isn't that big of an advantage.

52 minutes ago, Blue said:

The justification for a snake draft is that the people drafting at the top have such a big advantage because they get top QBs, no? If y'all are fine with the 14th or 15th best QB as your starter, then clearly it isn't that big of an advantage.

Lol well it’s more about getting the surrounding pieces to go with that QB. The 2 things still don’t have anything in common lol 

5 minutes ago, CHOMP_CHOMP said:

Lol well it’s more about getting the surrounding pieces to go with that QB. The 2 things still don’t have anything in common lol 

That...doesn't make any sense, but okay.