Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

37 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

I just finished all the skills comps - Trayvon (our CB) also beat Tyreek in a WR comp. How did they beat us this year when our defense is both faster and have better hands than their best skill player. SMH. 

Y’all’s record vs winning teams is bad no?

7 minutes ago, El Ramster said:

Y’all’s record vs winning teams is bad no?

Its about average. Way better than Staffords (.106). WAY BETTER. Like 300% better

Dak is .1% (.456 vs .384) lower than Aaron Rodgers against winning teams. Which equates to our FG kicker not missing FG against 1 of the 3 different losses we had by misses this year. 

Hes better than Matt Ryan, Kyler Murray. 

Edited by Matts4313

11 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Its about average. Way better than Staffords (.106). WAY BETTER. Like 300% better

Dak is .1% (.456 vs .384) lower than Aaron Rodgers against winning teams. Which equates to our FG kicker not missing FG against 1 of the 3 different losses we had by misses this year. 

Hes better than Matt Ryan, Kyler Murray. 

That's not .1%. The difference between .456 and .384 would be closer to 10% (7.2%), assuming those numbers are just a different way of showing Rodgers winning 45.6% of his games and Dak winning 38.4% of his. Use either the decimal or the percentage, not both. .1% lower would be .456 versus .455.

Just saying, for clarity.

• Like 1

Just now, Jakuvious said:

That's not .1%. The difference between .456 and .384 would be closer to 10% (7.2%), assuming those numbers are just a different way of showing Rodgers winning 45.6% of his games and Dak winning 38.4% of his. Use either the decimal or the percentage, not both. .1% lower would be .456 versus .455.

Just saying, for clarity.

Thats true. I was being simplistic in stating it because of the audience. Most people dont math good, so putting it in ".1" is just easier. In real terms Dak would need about roughly 7-8 wins w/o losses against winning teams to catch Rodgers. But again - - I like screwing with rammy so I fudged that also. 

Stafford would need about 40 straight wins against winning teams to catch Dak, tho. Sample size and all that. 

--------------------------------------------

BTW, now that Brady and Ben have left, I think the only 3 QBs in the NFL with winning records against winning teams is your Patty, Lamar and Russell. Maybe Burrow also, but I am too lazy to go through his numbers. 

• Like 1

For anyone that cares about this stuff ( @SkippyX):

QB Records against winning teams:

Rodgers - .456 - losing

Allen - .411 - losing

Herbert - .166 - losing

Murray - .333 - losing

Watson - .269 - losing

Ryan - .360 - losing

Stafford - .106 - losing

Andrew Luck - .488 - losing

Romo - .430 - losing

Cousins - .179 - losing => had a typo originally. 

Dak - .384 - Losing

The losing next to it was because I was having an argument with someone who said "good QBs have winning records against winning teams" - - which is absurd. 

Disclaimer: These were all pulled from various articles and reddit post. So they might not be accurate up to the second. I DIDNT FACT CHECK

Edited by Matts4313

1 minute ago, Matts4313 said:

Rodgers - .456 - losing

Allen - .411 - losing

Herbert - .166 - losing

Murray - .333 - losing

Watson - .269 - losing

Ryan - .360 - losing

Stafford - .106 - losing

Romo - .430 - losing

Cousins - .479 - losing

Dak - .384 - Losing

The losing next to it was because I was having an argument with someone who said "good QBs have winning records against winning teams" - - which is absurd. 

All I got from this is Cousins needs more respect.

7 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

Ive got to be honest, that one shocked me. LIS earlier, I didnt fact check any of these, I just pulled them from articles and reddit post.. But maybe I will try to find another source for Cousins. If nothing else, then to verify. 

Edited by Matts4313

The Vikings problem is not beating the Packers and the Cowboys.

Their problem is they blow 2 or 3 games vs mediocre or bad teams.

Stafford was defined by that number in Detroit but I'm pretty sure he's 1.000 against winning teams the last 3 weeks. Playoff runs do wonders for the image.

12 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Vikings problem is not beating the Packers and the Cowboys.

Their problem is they blow 2 or 3 games vs mediocre or bad teams.

Stafford was defined by that number in Detroit but I'm pretty sure he's 1.000 against winning teams the last 3 weeks. Playoff runs do wonders for the image.

10 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Stafford was 3-4 this year plus his current 3-0 in the playoffs so 6-4 + the SB result.

Are you saying teams win games? Because every time you mention Dak, you talk about his record. Not Dallas'....

Are you perhaps very biased as an Eagles fan and when it comes to Dak, a huge enormous hypocrite? 

28 minutes ago, Fureys49ers said:

21 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Ive got to be honest, that one shocked me. LIS earlier, I didnt fact check any of these, I just pulled them from articles and reddit post.. But maybe I will try to find another source for Cousins. If nothing else, then to verify. 

I see a handful of sources putting Cousins at something like 7-35 or 7-37 against teams with a winning record, so I'm pretty sure that one is just inaccurate.

Though, even if it was accurate, the trick with something like that, is if a guy was .500 in his career (like Cousins is), and .479 against teams with a winning record, that would mean he has a barely above .500 record against teams with a losing record, which would be a completely different, but equally concerning, problem.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

On 2/2/2022 at 7:11 PM, SkippyX said:

Wow, @Matts4313 bringing 'zeke's receiving skills to an argument about the Cowboys rushing yards being required for Dak to excel at that winning games thing. No one has ever claimed that 'zeke is a great 3rd down back. No one has ever said he was even a decent pass catcher AFAIK.

Pollard averaged 7.9 a target this year and 'zeke 4.4 a target. Zeke still got 19 more targets. I'd say that's because Dak, Moore, and McCarthy were idiots. What's your explanation?

Anyway, this year the running game your hero needed was a combo of 'zeke and Pollard.

Pollard's metrics in 2021 were clearly and obviously better. How does that make Dak a great QB?

There was a game where Elliot/Pollard combined for a bad 76 yards on 23 carries and 7 targets for 24 yards.

That's a pathetic 30 plays for 100 yards or 3.3 per play.

Cooper Rush still managed the game winning drive with about a minute to play in his only start. 👀

They averaged 140.3 yards a game for Dak. Did he have to overcome 140+ yards from scrimmage a game from his running backs? Was that a burden? 

Dak is still that 8th to 14th best stats dude that can't carry a team.

He's a bit like a Jimmy G with a star on his helmet.

• To be fair, Jimmy G was 3-6 in 2021 when the 49ers did not run for 120
  • He was 0-1 in 2020
  • He was 6-1 in 2019
  • He was 0-1 in 2018
  • He was 3-0 in 2017
  • He was 1-0 in NE.

That's 12-9 and its way better than that joke QB in Dallas.

On 2/2/2022 at 7:18 PM, SkippyX said:

There are no stats to fix Dak being 18-25 outside the NFC East in the last 5 years.

19-27 including playoffs

When he sucks less I will gladly take note of that (like he did in 2016 at 10-0)

On 2/2/2022 at 7:21 PM, Matts4313 said:

Right, no stats. But there is basic logic. Wins are a team stat. And Dak has been amazing in a lot of those losses. 

On 2/2/2022 at 7:42 PM, SkippyX said:

Which ones?

• vs Darnold's Jets?
  • vs Teddy's Broncos?
  • vs the Falcons in 2017?

He's got 40 TDs to 33 picks and an 81.6 rating in losses. He was not exactly Joe Montana let down by late fumbles.

I will give you last year's Browns game and this years Bucs and Raiders games.

He had good numbers vs Minny in 2019 but he absolutely disappeared in the 4th quarter.

Do you want points for being great last year vs Seattle except for the 3 turnovers?

McNabb was freaking awesome in the Super Bowl without those 3(4) pesky turnovers.

This was literally just last night. Amazing how youve changed tunes when it comes to Detroit/Stafford vs Dallas/Dak...

This is a complete 180 from everything youve said for, oh, I dunno... 5 FRIGGEN YEARS. 

3 minutes ago, Jakuvious said:

I see a handful of sources putting Cousins at something like 7-35 or 7-37 against teams with a winning record, so I'm pretty sure that one is just inaccurate.

Though, even if it was accurate, the trick with something like that, is if a guy was .500 in his career (like Cousins is), and .479 against teams with a winning record, that would mean he has a barely above .500 record against teams with a losing record, which would be a completely different, but equally concerning, problem.

That makes more sense. I just looked it up and I know what I did wrong. Kirk is .179 not .479. That was a typo. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Rodgers - .456 - losing

Allen - .411 - losing

Herbert - .166 - losing

Murray - .333 - losing

Watson - .269 - losing

Ryan - .360 - losing

Stafford - .106 - losing

Romo - .430 - losing

Cousins - .479 - losing

Dak - .384 - Losing

Disclaimer: These were all pulled from various articles and reddit post. So they might not be accurate up to the second. I DIDNT FACT CHECK

Herbert is 6-9 vs winning Teams. That is what .400?

Edited by Bearerofnews
  • Like 1

This is going to work out nicely. I pull it from rando articles - - you guys come in and fix it if its messed up. I tried to look exclusively for articles posted at some point in 2021, since I couldnt find any in 2022. So I would imagine some/might be off by a few games.