Notable Stats

HTTRDynasty

10 hours ago, sryan66611 said:

The other weird thing about this stat...  the 144 ints for Stafford are when he played for the Lions and they aren't even counting the 17 he had this year?   

Even weirder is that those 21 early Lions picks happened before the 2011-2021 range

• Like 1

On 2/9/2022 at 11:01 AM, Matts4313 said:

Per OTC: Saints are $76m over the 2022 cap. If you cut every player on their roster, that doesn't hurt their cap, they are left with 7 players (Lattimore, Ramczyk, Peat, Kamara, Hill, Davenport, and Ruiz) and they are still $17.4m over the cap.

^^from reddit

Payton Turner and Pete Warner too, but yeah. Wow how is that even possible?? How do you get out of this?

39 minutes ago, minutemancl said:

Payton Turner and Pete Warner too, but yeah. Wow how is that even possible?? How do you get out of this?

You retire, say "I don't know what's next", "my hearts not in it" ,"the time was right"!!! 🍺

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 2/9/2022 at 2:45 PM, MikeT14 said:

Apparently Stafford is the best QB on the next pass after he throws an INT. Prescott is by far the worst. 

The ironic thing is that graph didn't include 2021. This year he threw a pick 6 immediately after an interception at Tennessee. And against the 49ers in week 10 he threw a pick 6 the drive after another interception. Though, that was wasn't his fault.

On 2/9/2022 at 8:01 AM, Matts4313 said:

Per OTC: Saints are $76m over the 2022 cap. If you cut every player on their roster, that doesn't hurt their cap, they are left with 7 players (Lattimore, Ramczyk, Peat, Kamara, Hill, Davenport, and Ruiz) and they are still $17.4m over the cap.

^^from reddit

I've tried to explain that in other threads before. People keep thinking the Saints are going to tear it all down and have to dump a bunch of players, but their contracts (particularly their big money deals) aren't built that way. They are just going to restructure and / or extend a whole crap ton of their players which will basically lock in this core for the next couple of years. That's why trying to grab a guy like Jimmy G actually makes a ton of sense for them even though it's going to take some crazy finagling (which is unavoidable regardless). The team outside of QB is solid and the division is really wide open now. 

The Saints situation is not yet complete team destruction but it is bleak.

You have about 100 million in base salary among 12 players to play with.

You can't go below 1m so now its 88 million to convert.

At best you get an 80% discount in the current year when you split the bonus over 5 years.

That's about 70.4 off the cap and now you have nothing to play with. You are still in the red.

There are a few more 2 million base guys that can all save you another few million.

• No keeping free agents
  • No signing draft picks
  • No bringing in new guys

You still can't do anything without cutting some players, making some trades, selling your draft picks for cap relief, and so on.

2 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

The Saints situation is not yet complete team destruction but it is bleak.

You have about 100 million in base salary among 12 players to play with.

You can't go below 1m so now its 88 million to convert.

At best you get an 80% discount in the current year when you split the bonus over 5 years.

That's about 70.4 off the cap and now you have nothing to play with. You are still in the red.

There are a few more 2 million base guys that can all save you another few million.

• No keeping free agents
  • No signing draft picks
  • No bringing in new guys

You still can't do anything without cutting some players, making some trades, selling your draft picks for cap relief, and so on.

There are going to be some easy cuts. Roby is 10m off the books right off, and Jenkins saves line 6/7 as a post June cut (could be used for draft class). I don't consider them major assets lost

But yeah, they have no depth. This is the worst of it though if cap explodes as predicted the following year

18 minutes ago, SkippyX said:

Roby cost them a 3rd rounder for 1 year of play + 2021 cap relief.

Its no way to build a team.

Who plays in that secondary next year with Williams, Williams, Jenkins, and Roby gone?

Third round pick is a sunk cost. They can certainly extend him if they want, won't save as much but if his quality of play is high, that could certainly make sense. Saints fans would know better than me. 

Cgj, lattimore, adebo are your primary three. Going to need more and will probably rely on some rookies. As good as a guy like gray is on special teams, you can't spend 2+ million on a special teams ace. If they were smart they'd look around at a team with some space and a need at TE and offer vannett + 6th this year for a 7th next year or something along those lines. 

Nobody is saying there won't be triaging done. That goes without saying. But if anyone thinks they will unload guys like lattimore, kamara, ramczyk etc, it's just not going to happen. It's going to be a lot lower down the roster.  Their depth will be bad and they will not survive through injuries if they happen

The thing that interests me is whether they ultimately pay someone to take taysom in a trade.

*Edit

It's only like 3 million I think for taysom if they trade before the roster bonus hits, so probably wouldn't be worth it. I thought they'd save more

So taysom would probably be their QB next year

1 hour ago, Forge said:

I've tried to explain that in other threads before. People keep thinking the Saints are going to tear it all down and have to dump a bunch of players, but their contracts (particularly their big money deals) aren't built that way. They are just going to restructure and / or extend a whole crap ton of their players which will basically lock in this core for the next couple of years. That's why trying to grab a guy like Jimmy G actually makes a ton of sense for them even though it's going to take some crazy finagling (which is unavoidable regardless). The team outside of QB is solid and the division is really wide open now. 

Yes, and what hurts more than this is some of our big money guys being knuckleheads that may or not see the field.