TNF: Bears @ Packers

Herbie_Hancock

Just now, jrry32 said:

No, you didn't. You are overreacting to a Packer getting hurt by proposing the NFL implement a rule that is loathed in college. You have provided no evidence that your reasoning behind it is anything but pretext. You are upset about a dirty play and proposing a half-baked solution.

Lulz.  You're not even trying to talk football.

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

The NFL isn't going to suspend a player, let's be real about this.  LIS, if you have issues with implementation then tweak the rule.  You get called for a targeting call in the game, you're allowed to play and if you receive a 2nd one during the game you're immediately ejected.  At the end of the week's game, the NFL reviews those targeting calls AND if the player is deemed to have illegally "targeting" that player, he is automatically suspended the next week.  Your complaints are with the implementation of the rule, not the reason the rule in place.

They suspended Burfict after the fact once they reviewed the evidence.  

I agree that my complaints are with the implementation.  The reason why it's there is 100% justified.  

Just now, Ragnarok said:

I do.  But your statement was reactionary and..considering he gave a thumbs up...just untrue.  If you almost legitimately die...you don't give a thumbs up a few minutes later.

His C-spine was compromised. It can lead to instant death in multiple ways. 
If you got shot at and it missed your head, you nearly died. 
If you have an injury that nearly tears your spine as above. 

1 minute ago, Carmen Cygni said:

Calling for an in-game ejection for such a violation is not a weak argument. Emotions overflow and then you have the opposition in a viable retaliation mode. Removing the guilty player from the field of play eliminates such possible overreactions. 

When you make the in-game ejection an option, you either have to make it automatic or discretionary. If it's automatic, you have guys getting tossed for unintentional or incidental contact to the head. If you make it discretionary, you have the refs making judgment calls that could completely change the game. It's a bad idea.

Just now, Ragnarok said:

They suspended Burfict after the fact once they reviewed the evidence.  

I agree that my complaints are with the implementation.  The reason why it's there is 100% justified.  

Burfict has had how many "bad" tackles?  LIS, my proposal is something that the suspension/ejection wouldn't occur until the NFL has had a thorough chance to review the play, not just a split moment decision.

6 minutes ago, Onizuka said:

Yep...but because he plays QB....he's making 30 million in 2 years? Lol......must be awesome to suck at your job and get overpaid.

Unreal...don't the Bears know I'm available on the cheap and they would still lose embarrassingly.

Archived