TNF: Bears @ Packers

Herbie_Hancock

4 minutes ago, CWood21 said:

How is it being abused? I'm legitimately wanting to know.  Under my proposal, Danny Trevathan gets to continue to play in this game (unless he got a 2nd targeting call) and the whole decision about whether or not he's eligible to play next week doesn't occur until AFTER the game has concluded.  I'm convinced you didn't read my post.

I was referencing your comment that the NFL should implement the targeting rule. There are lots of incoming posts and I'm using my phone, so if I missed too much after, that's why. 

What you wrote in the second half of this post is basically what everyone is saying, so I'm unsure where the confusion or disagreements are coming from.

EDIT: I said it allows itself to be abused. Which it does. 

Just now, CWood21 said:

So you're telling me that you don't think the league office is NOT capable of determining what is a dangerous play and what isn't after being able to watch tape for hours?  Man, you really have little hope in people.

Are they better at it than determining what a catch is?

Just now, CWood21 said:

So you're telling me that you don't think the league office is NOT capable of determining what is a dangerous play and what isn't after being able to watch tape for hours?  Man, you really have little hope in people.

I don't trust the League Office to make discretionary decisions like that. They already do so in a questionable manner.

Just now, jrry32 said:

I don't trust the League Office to make discretionary decisions like that. They already do so in a questionable manner.

So you're telling me that your low opinion of the league office is why you don't want to make player safety a priority?  Good to know you can look at this objectively.

Archived