Browns General Discussion

candyman93

I think Ogunjobi and Richardson kind of fit the same role. They both lean towards pressure DTs but are also decent but not special against the run. Would be nice to get a big space filler to go along with whichever one we keep. I'm fine with keeping both of them and finding a LB that can clean up the run. Whichever way we choose to go should be fine.

33 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

I think Ogunjobi and Richardson kind of fit the same role. They both lean towards pressure DTs but are also decent but not special against the run. Would be nice to get a big space filler to go along with whichever one we keep. I'm fine with keeping both of them and finding a LB that can clean up the run. Whichever way we choose to go should be fine.

dont even need a big spacer filler. Just need a DT who can actually play the run well. I feel like Jaylen Twyman would be a beastly run defender and he is 6'2 290. Dude just has amazing hands and constantly kept his blocker locked out. 

9 minutes ago, buno67 said:

dont even need a big spacer filler. Just need a DT who can actually play the run well. I feel like Jaylen Twyman would be a beastly run defender and he is 6'2 290. Dude just has amazing hands and constantly kept his blocker locked out. 

Yeah if you can find a John Randle that is great. Usually you need a bigger body to be able to take on the interior linemen and win with some consistency though.

26 minutes ago, Thomas5737 said:

Yeah if you can find a John Randle that is great. Usually you need a bigger body to be able to take on the interior linemen and win with some consistency though.

I just dont like lineman who just eat blocks. I rather have lineman who can beat blocks. if they cant block you, you cant run the ball on you. 

11 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I just dont like lineman who just eat blocks. I rather have lineman who can beat blocks. if they cant block you, you cant run the ball on you. 

It certainly depends on you scheme. We wouldn't want them to just eat blocks because then you need LBs to clean it up. You can use a DTs aggressiveness against him though and give him leverage to go inside/outside depending on the play design and take him out of the play without effort also. That's why I'd like to have one of each. One guy eats up blocks while the other guy can cheat towards the tackle and know he has help inside.

It can all work I'm sure. Depending on what you want and how you build your defense.

14 hours ago, bruceb said:
17 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Release Sheldon Richardson

Why?

Why do so many shat on Richardson.

He has been our most consistent DL-man except for Garrett.

why??? cause he just isnt that good.

You are comparing him to Vernon and Ogun.

Both our IDL and our #2 DE needs to be replaced next year.

I would bring back Ogun but not as a slated starter thats for sure