Browns General Discussion

candyman93

5 hours ago, candyman93 said:

Tampa Bay won a super bowl spending big in free agency. I’m not just talking about Brady.

We will see how things work for New England.

You’re pointing out the exception.

Brady is was the driving force.  Let’s be honest, is AB and Gronk were there because of him.

They were a 7 win team with many of those FA before Brady got there.

15 hours ago, candyman93 said:
16 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

They were a 7 win team with many of those FA before Brady got there.

They also had Winstons bum ***

Their advanced defensive metrics and offensive firepower on that 7 win team show just how talented that group was/is in that they won 7 games despite the most turnover prone quarterback in NFL History. Brady, while clearly incredible, was smart enough to see this and chose wisely and was extremely calculated.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:15 AM, brooks1957 said:

Looks like Newsome has chosen 20 - from his Twitter account.

My opinion - that looks badass.

I will always think #20 is a S number because of Dawkins and I will never be able to get that number/name combo out of my head.

It's also super weird that Chubb wears #24 because that's normally a CB number.

Edited by AkronsWitness

If we can play winning football in the interior defensive line, we are going to have a pretty good defense. I’m really added some talent in the off-season. More than I expected even. There’s no reason to think this team can’t compete for the AFC if they keep relative health.

29 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

If we can play winning football in the interior defensive line, we are going to have a pretty good defense. I’m really added some talent in the off-season. More than I expected even. There’s no reason to think this team can’t compete for the AFC if they keep relative health.

Agreed they need to stay healthy but it was nice to see them add some serious depth on defense.

They played a lot of games last year with the underdog mentality, I wonder what's going to happen now that they are no longer the underdog and have that motivation. It's almost like Bakers 2nd year all over again with sky high expectations.

Let's see how they act this time around and respond to AFC Championship game expectations.

Next year we could have a Titans-esq talent purge when they lost guys like Jonnu Smith, Corey Davis, Jack Conklin, ECT because of paying Tannehill and Henry. So we better make this year count.

Edited by AkronsWitness

On 5/10/2021 at 11:36 PM, AkronsWitness said:

Next year we could have a Titans-esq talent purge when they lost guys like Jonnu Smith, Corey Davis, Jack Conklin, ECT because of paying Tannehill and Henry. So we better make this year count.

We’re not going to be hit that bad. Our defense as a whole is paid pretty cheap. Just look at our projected starters:

Myles

Malik

Andrew

Jadeveon

So Myles is the only guy getting paid a ton. Hopefully Jadeveon is worth paying a ton to.

Sione

Anthony

JOK

They’re all 3 cheap.

Denzel

JJIII

Grant

Greg

Denzel is already the highest paid player.

Where things get tough is the offense. However, a lot of our future salary depends on Baker and his growth.

Edited by candyman93