Browns General Discussion

candyman93

50 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

You get one, two, or for some, 30 chances to screw up if the perception is that you’re good enough. I think the front office has probably already shown that they don’t actually care that much about character, but this guy was fringe roster body so the move here was inevitable.

This question is not just for you, Nate.

Can anyone think of an NFL team that does seem to care about character?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

As much as I hate having Watson as the face of the franchise, the fact of the matter is like 14 other teams called and 5 made formal offers that were agreeable to the Texans.  That’s like, every team in the league who wasn’t set at QB.

For all the talk about character and whatnot that EVERY team does, none of them actually mean it.

• Like 1

dlinqex080591.png?width=1000&format=png&

If you applied this principle to the “Good/great” instead of “hot” and “distraction/trouble” instead of “crazy”, that’s the rough metric most NFL Teams use.

UDFA? Pack your bags.

Myles? Issue a public statement and have him “vow to be better” and then “come alongside him” since he now realizes he “has a problem”.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, ReggieCamp said:

Not really, which is sad. Premiere athletes are a special class. If I demonstrated the behavior of some of these guys, I would never get another job. These guys wouldn’t make it in the real world.

19 minutes ago, NateDawg said:

Not really, which is sad. Premiere athletes are a special class. If I demonstrated the behavior of some of these guys, I would never get another job. These guys wouldn’t make it in the real world.

I mean, that IS the real world.  If you have a skill/talent/ability to make rich and powerful people money or help them be successful, you’ll get nearly unlimited chances.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

I mean, that IS the real world.  If you have a skill/talent/ability to make rich and powerful people money or help them be successful, you’ll get nearly unlimited chances.

Real or not I will gladly speak out against it. Just because something is mainstream doesn’t make it something that we should all go along with.

• Like 3

On 6/21/2024 at 8:52 PM, mtmmike said:

The giants

the Rooneys

Giants?  Lawrence Taylor didn't have great character - he was great so they looked the other way.

Rooneys?  Big Ben Roofiesbuggerer was Watson before Watson, but he won them super bowls, so they looked the other way.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Giants?  Lawrence Taylor didn't have great character - he was great so they looked the other way.

Rooneys?  Big Ben Roofiesbuggerer was Watson before Watson, but he won them super bowls, so they looked the other way.

Not to mention James Harrison and Joey porter were dirty players 

1 hour ago, Dawgpoun8017 said:

Not to mention James Harrison and Joey porter were dirty players 

They also signed Mike Vick.

They certainly aren't above signing bad dudes.

Owners make business decisions. They won't sign a guy that will cost them profit. That doesn't make them honorable because they will sign a bad dude if he is good enough that their fan base will forgive him.

It's more fan bases that determine who the owner will sign. I don't think we've lost ticket sales by signing a predator to be our QB so we will be open to anything going forward Imagine. Assuming they think it makes us better.

23 hours ago, dawgdish said:

Your retort, @mtmmike?

200w.gif?cid=6c09b952skztr5fw4jhj2w0ascd

• Like 2