Browns General Discussion

candyman93

For the “bUt ThE caP!” Crowd

Rams just gave Cooper Kupp a massive extension. The saints gave Kamara a massive extension as well.

So either our fanbase is looking out for Jimmys money or they have no idea how the salary cap actually works. Teams weasel out of it every year.

3 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

I’ll take Hunt and his contract over all those other RBs

I wonder what kind of contract Hunt would have gotten if he never got in trouble. He just might be potentially the best valued player in the league. I was surprised he signed that extension before the season. I guess he just wants some security and likes playing for the browns. 

35 minutes ago, buno67 said:

I wonder what kind of contract Hunt would have gotten if he never got in trouble. He just might be potentially the best valued player in the league. I was surprised he signed that extension before the season. I guess he just wants some security and likes playing for the browns. 

Yeah people seem to have forgotten dude is a 3 down back with a rushing title under his belt and 25 yo. He’s a legit stud.

19 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

Yeah people seem to have forgotten dude is a 3 down back with a rushing title under his belt and 25 yo. He’s a legit stud.

He was literally the best back in the league after his first 24games. Now the browns have Chubb who is very close to being the best back in the league after his first 25games in the league.

browns are truly lucky to have there two backs. Really interested on how they are used this year

31 minutes ago, buno67 said:

He was literally the best back in the league after his first 24games. Now the browns have Chubb who is very close to being the best back in the league after his first 25games in the league.

browns are truly lucky to have there two backs. Really interested on how they are used this year

They better run the hell out of them. Use the 49ers/titans game plan. Don’t let baker determine the game. Not until he can be trusted. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, sdrawkcab321 said:

They better run the hell out of them. Use the 49ers/titans game plan. Don’t let baker determine the game. Not until he can be trusted. 

That should be most every team’s plan tbh, but yes (and I’m bullish on Baker).

Baker is young and on his 3rd/4th system in 3 years.  We need to slow things down a bit for him and focus on what he does well and tailor the offense to that, much like Freddie (or more likely Zampese) did 2 years ago.

Give him less reads and more time, more play action less empty backfields, more 2nd and 6 and less 3rd and 9, and I think he will absolutely dice up defenses.

2 hours ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

That should be most every team’s plan tbh, but yes (and I’m bullish on Baker).

Baker is young and on his 3rd/4th system in 3 years.  We need to slow things down a bit for him and focus on what he does well and tailor the offense to that, much like Freddie (or more likely Zampese) did 2 years ago.

Give him less reads and more time, more play action less empty backfields, more 2nd and 6 and less 3rd and 9, and I think he will absolutely dice up defenses.

yeah the browns dont need to reinvent the offense. You have two stud RBs, so run the ball. Something Freddie absolutely refused to do at times. 

Completely agree, Baker has had more HCs/Offensive systems in career, than actual years in the league. Slow it down and make it comfortable for him. You go look at his rookie year and when he got comfortable in the offense, he looked damn good.