What would you trade for Adams?

dll2000

7 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Agreed. I want a 1 + 2 or a 1 and a starting WR or he can rot.

You won't get that. I think you'll get a first...maybe a mid round pick, but I don't think that there's any chance you're getting a 1 + 2.

The "or he can rot" thing is just silly. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Forge said:

You won't get that. I think you'll get a first...maybe a mid round pick, but I don't think that there's any chance you're getting a 1 + 2.

The "or he can rot" thing is just silly. It's cutting off your nose to spite your face. 

Players have sat out entire seasons before. If he wants to go that route, he has that option.

2 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

Players have sat out entire seasons before. If he wants to go that route, he has that option.

And that helps everyone involved given the likely inevitable outcome of that is that he's still traded? Adams is good enough that the demand is there which drives the price no matter what. The fact that he's forcing the Jets' hand won't impact his market, so his value is his value. Refusing to move him at that point and forcing him to sit out just because it doesn't match up with some sort of idealized price point doesn't do anyone good. 

Make the decision to trade him or not trade him. If you're trading him, you actively market him and take the best offer. It's not going to be a situation where the best offer is like a third round pick. 

2 minutes ago, Forge said:

And that helps everyone involved given the likely inevitable outcome of that is that he's still traded? Adams is good enough that the demand is there which drives the price no matter what. The fact that he's forcing the Jets' hand won't impact his market, so his value is his value. Refusing to move him at that point and forcing him to sit out just because it doesn't match up with some sort of idealized price point doesn't do anyone good. 

Make the decision to trade him or not trade him. If you're trading him, you actively market him and take the best offer. It's not going to be a situation where the best offer is like a third round pick. 

I’m going off of what was reportedly the asking price the last go around. I know the situation is different now, but I have no problem declining a single first round pick from any of those 8 “Playoff bound” teams and letting him sit if Joe Douglas feels he isn’t getting enough back. I’d take a 1 and 3 or a 1 from a team like Detroit.

but again, I’d have no problem if JD made an example out of him.

13 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I don't think a player with two years left on their rookie deal has ever sat out an entire year.. Goes to show how ridiculous this situation is. 

Jamal won't hold out. It's not feasible financially & more importantly he'd lose an accrued season towards free-agency. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, NJC33 said:

I don't think a player with two years left on their rookie deal has ever sat out an entire year.. Goes to show how ridiculous this situation is. 

Jamal won't hold out. It's not feasible financially & more importantly he'd lose an accrued season towards free-agency. 

Which is why this could get to unprecedented levels of ugly 

1 hour ago, Forge said:

It's not surprising. I've been curious to see whether or not he would secure more than Minkah. He has a slightly superior resume, but Minkah had the better contract since it had a year left. 

I agree, seems fair. Earlier in the year, I would have thought his value was somewhere in the low teens. But putting his value in the high teens seems ok.

I think it’s probably best for this to be a conditional pick. If the team finishes with a top 16 pick or top 20, than it’s just a first. Otherwise tack on an extra pick to close the gap. 

Edited by SDotNova

On 6/19/2020 at 7:22 AM, dll2000 said:

Represent your favorite team or another if you like - assume hypothetically Jets are ready and willing to trade him now:

What is your best and final offer for Adams, if any?  Nothing or not interested is an acceptable answer.  

Give your reasoning if you have a moment.  

Nothing. I don't trust he wouldn't do the same thing again. Plus Green Bay is up against the cap wall anyway.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, SDotNova said:

This is further proof that it’s not about a contract. He supposedly said there are teams he’s willing to wait a year for a contract.

He’s reached clown territory. Great player but if some team gives up good value, just move on. Up the price for Dallas though. 

Yeah he seems like a **** for this. I'd want to be petty and do everything in my power to make sure he doesn't get to force his way to Dallas. That being said, if Dallas calls and offers a 1, 3, & Michael Gallup, you gotta pull that trigger.

I wonder if Dallas would want to ship them Zeke or Amari just because of the idiotic cap management they've gotten themselves into. Trading for another $20mil player doesn't seem plausible without dumping a big salary.