What would you trade for Adams?

dll2000

On 6/22/2020 at 1:47 PM, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think he gets moved to Dallas for a 2021 R2 and 2022 R3. 

I would be surprised if a safety looking to get paid 18M+ per season nets a R1. 

Joe would be fired within 24 hrs of making that deal. Adams is going nowhere unless someone pays the Piper. Not sure why you all seem to thinks Adams has any leverage or say so in the matter? He will be a Jet,  or not play.

Edited by Nabbs4u

On 6/22/2020 at 11:48 AM, GangGreen420 said:

Agreed. I want a 1 + 2 or a 1 and a starting WR or he can rot.

He's just not worth it. First of all he's a S. A nice one, but the reason he's thought of highly is S across the board have been pretty poor for most teams lately. It's currently a low bar for the position. Then there is the contract. He wants a HUGE one. That means the cost of getting Adams is (Trade) + (Contract). If he was playing on a reasonable deal? Sure a 1 and change sounds right. Having to give him a mega deal TOO? Eh... maybe a 2? Even then I personally wouldn't make the offer.

Adams isn't going to be happy here. He has absolutely no leverage. He needs another season to be a UFA. He has year 4 and a 5th year option on his deal yet. Even if he sat out TWO years, he'd be a RFA. Unless someone blows away the Jets with an offer, there is absolutely no reason they should take it.

And don't feel too sorry for him. He was a top pick and unlike a lot of rookies got a pretty nice first deal. 4 years/22 mil and his 5th year option would pay 9.8 next year. He will get a bigger contract when it's his turn, but that's not right now.

• Like 2

On 6/22/2020 at 12:47 PM, BroncosFan2010 said:

I think he gets moved to Dallas for a 2021 R2 and 2022 R3. 

I would be surprised if a safety looking to get paid 18M+ per season nets a R1. 

It's gonna take more than that.  You've got Jamal Adams under contract for two years minimum.

On 6/28/2020 at 6:00 AM, Kip Smithers said:

We are in 2020 and yet people are still siding with management over players. Smh. 

It wont change. Siding with management usually means it's for the better of the team. The team will be around a lot longer than any individual player.

55 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

So none of you are willing to give up actual value for him.

Whats actual value? We tried to get him last year. Actually agreed to a deal and everything. Then you asked for a 1st *AND* Zack Martin. I wouldnt even give up Martin alone. 

Id give a 1st and then probably a reserve OL (Williams/McGovern/etc). Im not giving up a 1st and an all pro player.

20 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

Whats actual value? We tried to get him last year. Actually agreed to a deal and everything. Then you asked for a 1st *AND* Zack Martin. I wouldnt even give up Martin alone. 

Id give a 1st and then probably a reserve OL (Williams/McGovern/etc). Im not giving up a 1st and an all pro player.

What are we gonna do with a reserve O-Linemen?

And there was never a deal we agreed to. We wanted Smith or Martin or a boatload of picks(which he is worth since he's Elite and more than a strong safety)

5 minutes ago, KingOfTheDot said:

What are we gonna do with a reserve O-Linemen?

And there was never a deal we agreed to. We wanted Smith or Martin or a boatload of picks(which he is worth since he's Elite and more than a strong safety)

We agreed to a contract with Adams. You still didnt  answer what is actual value. Because its less Smith or Martin.

Additionally we have drafted OL in the top 3 rounds multiple years. I would assume they could start for your team.

9 minutes ago, Matts4313 said:

We agreed to a contract with Adams. You still didnt  answer what is actual value. Because its less Smith or Martin.

Additionally we have drafted OL in the top 3 rounds multiple years. I would assume they could start for your team.

How can y'all agree to a contract with a player that isn't on your team?

You're not sending us a backup OL for Jamal. 

Multiple 1's or Tyron/Collins/Martin.

Just now, KingOfTheDot said:

How can y'all agree to a contract with a player that isn't on your team?

You're not sending us a backup OL for Jamal. 

Multiple 1's or Tyron/Collins/Martin.

You all gave us permission to negotiate with him. And again, I think a 1st + Williams or McGovern would be more than fair.