Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

15 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I just have this weird feeling Mosley will never play another down for the Jets

I hope he doesn’t. This is a job. You don’t wanna work? You don’t get paid. You really are afraid of getting your family sick, that’s fine and respectable, forfeit that roster bonus. This is cop out. If he didn’t get that bonus would he still be opting out? Absolutely not. This isn’t about his family, this is about already getting paid and he doesn’t have to play. I hope we look to move him next year for even a day 3 pick just to relieve us of the disaster of a contract it is a bf a player who simply came here for the money who doesn’t care about playing for us. Imagine being an essential working putting your life on the line everyday and saying you don’t want to work? Your employer would say fine, we respect it, but we’re blocking your unemployment and you aren’t getting paid. It’s really a slap in the face of people who have been working non stopped during this whole pandemic. I wish him and his family well and good health, but to be paid to not show up to work does not sit well with me whatsoever. 

1 hour ago, ekill08x said:

I hope he doesn’t. This is a job. You don’t wanna work? You don’t get paid. You really are afraid of getting your family sick, that’s fine and respectable, forfeit that roster bonus. This is cop out. If he didn’t get that bonus would he still be opting out? Absolutely not. This isn’t about his family, this is about already getting paid and he doesn’t have to play. I hope we look to move him next year for even a day 3 pick just to relieve us of the disaster of a contract it is a bf a player who simply came here for the money who doesn’t care about playing for us. Imagine being an essential working putting your life on the line everyday and saying you don’t want to work? Your employer would say fine, we respect it, but we’re blocking your unemployment and you aren’t getting paid. It’s really a slap in the face of people who have been working non stopped during this whole pandemic. I wish him and his family well and good health, but to be paid to not show up to work does not sit well with me whatsoever. 

It sure looks like I am missing something. what is going on with Mosley??  You think things are crazy with the Jets, I am due for my annual physical on Tuesday, and they called me and told me they are going to do it virtually over the phone and with the computer, because of the Corona virus. Thats Florida  folks.

15 minutes ago, doumeyer said:

It sure looks like I am missing something. what is going on with Mosley??  You think things are crazy with the Jets, I am due for my annual physical on Tuesday, and they called me and told me they are going to do it virtually over the phone and with the computer, because of the Corona virus. Thats Florida  folks.

Mosley opted out of the season. Wants to protect his family. That is completely fine, but the guy just got a 10 million dollar roster bonus and now wants to opt out? If you dont show up to work you should not be getting paid.

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

Mosley opted out of the season. Wants to protect his family. That is completely fine, but the guy just got a 10 million dollar roster bonus and now wants to opt out? If you dont show up to work you should not be getting paid.

I disagree with you.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, doumeyer said:

Is Fchan or something available nowadays?😇

8 hours ago, ekill08x said:

He made no creative benefit from opted out. He still has more GTD from 2nd year after opt out on contract anyway as he can't get it until he actually be on the roster.

16 hours ago, JetsandI said:

7.5m saving for 2020. 

If resumed in 2021, his whole salary cap would be 7.35m. If I got details correctly.

Xrade's driest sense has affected on me. I am not sure whether or not you are being silly on Mosley's situation but in case if there is anything to develop into a hate club.

Mosley's original 2020 salary cap is 17.5m. Because he already got 10m roster bonus which will be on team salary cap of 2020, his base salary and prorated bonus are subtracted from 2020 team salary cap. Thus, his cap figure this year will reduce to 10m.  Saving 7.5m prior to a stipend (150k for low risk or 350k for high risk).

If Mosley returns to action for 2021, his 2020 absent figures will return to 2021 which means 10m roster bonus isn't included. Minus 150k for 2020 stipend as a low risk opt out. His original 2021 salary cap which is 17.5 would be no longer tagged on. New 2021 salary cap would be 7.35m.  Saving 10.15 for 2021 team salary cap.

Jets basically have 2 year salary cap to cover Mosley's 2020 figures as Mosley only sees real money of full 2020 after 2 years.  Jets have got extra cap room in both affected years.  How is that for Mosley being unprofessionally selfish?

Stop worrying about his money because he will play to get his own new money. Although NFL and NFLPA have not finalized the opt out agreement, finance-wise I believe those numbers aren't way off.

On 8/2/2020 at 4:17 AM, ekill08x said:

CJ Mosley opts out.

Man this sucks.

This was a great signing from us that is turning out to be, from no fault of the Jets, terrible. He's a great player and a difference maker, and our defense will miss him more now than it did last year when we still had Adams.

I don't begrudge any player for opting out of the season. If I'm being honest with myself, there shouldn't be an NFL season this year. We're past the worst of it here (Australia) and I wouldn't feel good about having a season of contact football here starting in a month. With the current state of the US? No way.

However, the part of me that desperately wants to see football again is very disappointed. I'd almost be happier if our whole team opted out and I just watch this season as a non-invested fan of the sport.

Bad start for the defense  in the first week of training camp, we lose our two best defensive players for the 2020. Our defensive is a huge question mark as things stand right now. We all know why we lost the two players so we don"t have to get into that. We could end up having one of the worst defensives in the NFL. We still don't have a real pass rusher, the defensive backfield is just fair at best. And to think some of the people on this board wanted to seabag Avery Williams. And last years high first round pick, better show a lot more than he did last year.