Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

I don’t think it means much but it’s still noticeable but this team looks so much better physically than we ever have as an organization. These guys are all cut up, strong and look like they’re going to be flying around the field. I’m excited to just see them move. We’ve always seemed to be one of the slower, sluggish teams in the league. I feel like we’ll be much more physically imposing. 

16 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don’t think it means much but it’s still noticeable but this team looks so much better physically than we ever have as an organization. These guys are all cut up, strong and look like they’re going to be flying around the field. I’m excited to just see them move. We’ve always seemed to be one of the slower, sluggish teams in the league. I feel like we’ll be much more physically imposing. 

You’re right. For years we were trying to get bigger on D while everyone else was getting faster and more athletic. Offensively we have both size and speed just lack the depth at the skill positions. Long from a finished product but things are getting better. 

23 minutes ago, ekill08x said:

You’re right. For years we were trying to get bigger on D while everyone else was getting faster and more athletic. Offensively we have both size and speed just lack the depth at the skill positions. Long from a finished product but things are getting better. 

Feels like we're developing an identity finally.

Getting guys that are physically in shape and with speed ALONG with having great character... is a great way to build a team. It will take time to flip the roster into more and more guys like this. But it has to start somewhere. 

1 hour ago, KingOfNewYork said:

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but could it be because of Covid?  They were all stuck at home doing probably nothing but working out.

1 hour ago, xrade said:

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but could it be because of Covid?  They were all stuck at home doing probably nothing but working out.

Why would that make you a buzzkill? And I’m not sure honestly. I know the team had specific workouts for the guys and we have a new head trainer. 

4 minutes ago, GangGreen420 said:

I just want to see an offense that isn’t ranked in the bottom half of the league. 

Ehh I’m not concerned about rank. Do we convert on 3rd down, can we run the ball and does Sam cut down on the turnovers. That will determine if we win or not. 

9 of the top 16 passing teams in terms of yards didn’t make the playoffs.

37 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Ehh I’m not concerned about rank. Do we convert on 3rd down, can we run the ball and does Sam cut down on the turnovers. That will determine if we win or not. 

9 of the top 16 passing teams in terms of yards didn’t make the playoffs.

I think he means DVOA not passing yards.

Most of the top 10 teams in DVOA made the playoffs and I think every team in the bottom 10 missed out.  That's pretty telling.  

Edited by Rockice_8