Training Camp Thread

doumeyer

4 hours ago, xrade said:

I don't mean to be a buzzkill, but could it be because of Covid?  They were all stuck at home doing probably nothing but working out.

YOU FREAKIN BUZZKILL!!! lol...honestly doesnt quite matter to me what the reasoning is. Some guys could get lazy and I’m glad our guys haven’t. We will see how it translates. 

2 hours ago, ekill08x said:

YOU FREAKIN BUZZKILL!!! lol...honestly doesnt quite matter to me what the reasoning is. Some guys could get lazy and I’m glad our guys haven’t. We will see how it translates. 

Somehow I am getting a sneaky feeling I may have ****ed up using that word.  Keep em' coming, I love it.

7 hours ago, Rockice_8 said:

I think he means DVOA not passing yards.

Most of the top 10 teams in DVOA made the playoffs and I think every team in the bottom 10 missed out.  That's pretty telling.  

I hate analytics in sports lol. Far too many variables. I think situational stats matter more personally. 

7 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Becton-Lewis-McGovern-Van Roten-Fant officially the OL from what I see on the live feed of camp. 

Clark playing RG behind Van Roten it looks like as well. 

Part of me would love to see Clark or even Edoga win a spot somewhere

42 minutes ago, KingOfNewYork said:

Edoga? Please God no.

If edoga is ever playing, pray extra for Sammys life. Yes he was a rookie, but there was next to zero indication that he belongs in the NFL. He would have to look completely different to even be considered competition.

It is hard to believe, after two and a half weeks of training camp yesterday was the first time the whole team has been on the field at the same time. I guess it better being extra careful than have players go into quarantine for two weeks.

McGovern said the OL had some issues picking up Sam’s cadence in the first team session and it led to some pre-snap penalties. He then said in the second team period they didn’t have a single pre-snap penalty.

Perriman-V. Smith-Crowder were the 3 Receivers  in 11 personnel with Mims being out with a hamstring. Smith will probably start the year ahead of Mims no matter what but we need him to get back so he can get his reps in physically. Hamstrings linger tho so it’s best he fully heals up.

Gase said Sam was literally walking away from him when Gase began calling the plays because Sam already knew what was coming, that’s great because the faster Sam can get to the line the more time he has to make pre-snap adjustments, McGovern can make checks at the line and Darnold can diagnose the defense. Gase usually sends him to the line with 2 plays(primary and a check based on coverage or how many defenders are in the box) and Sam, from what I recall, has the ability to audible as well. 

Maulet was CB2 with Desir our, interesting but makes sense since he has the experience over Wilson.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KingOfNewYork said:

McGovern said the OL had some issues picking up Sam’s cadence in the first team session and it led to some pre-snap penalties. He then said in the second team period they didn’t have a single pre-snap penalty.

Perriman-V. Smith-Crowder were the 3 Receivers  in 11 personnel with Mims being out with a hamstring. Smith will probably start the year ahead of Mims no matter what but we need him to get back so he can get his reps in physically. Hamstrings linger tho so it’s best he fully heals up.

Gase said Sam was literally walking away from him when Gase began calling the plays because Sam already knew what was coming, that’s great because the faster Sam can get to the line the more time he has to make pre-snap adjustments, McGovern can make checks at the line and Darnold can diagnose the defense. Gase usually sends him to the line with 2 plays(primary and a check based on coverage or how many defenders are in the box) and Sam, from what I recall, has the ability to audible as well. 

Maulet was CB2 with Desir our, interesting but makes sense since he has the experience over Wilson.

While it is great news that Darnold shows his knowledge his behavior is bad.  You can't walk away from the group when HC is addressing because it creates some bad visual picture as the whole team.  As a leader of the group, once you are with the group you stay with the group until it is done.  Who cares if he knows something more than the rest of the group.  On the field and sideline, Darnold should always be with the group when HC is addressing about plays. Darnold can be excluded from the group when specific unit is warranted to be addressed on such as OL, WR, a bonehead player, etc.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, JetsandI said:

While it is great news that Darnold shows his knowledge his behavior is bad.  You can't walk away from the group when HC is addressing because it creates some bad visual picture as the whole team.  As a leader of the group, once you are with the group you stay with the group until it is done.  Who cares if he knows something more than the rest of the group.  On the field and sideline, Darnold should always be with the group when HC is addressing about plays. Darnold can be excluded from the group when specific unit is warranted to be addressed on such as OL, WR, a bonehead player, etc.

Relax. He’s saying when they were in the huddle during the team period. Gase is giving Sam the call then Sam goes to the huddle simulating the call into headset. That’s all.