SoFi Stadium

NVRamsFan

2 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

And how much would that stadium cost if built in California? Hint a hell of a lot more than it costs in Vegas. Also Vegas is being built on the public dime, that changes everything. 

Costing more versus running over budget are two entirely different things.

Let's roleplay.

Two scenarios. 

Your building a house. You work with your contractor and plan on a budget of 300,000 for the build.  After the build the contractor comes back to you and says he ran over budget. Final cost is now a million for the design that was previously agreed and budgeted for 300k. 

Or

You build a house and plan a budget with you contractor for 925k. The house ends up costing 1mil. 

Both houses cost 1 mil to build. One ran more than triple the proposed budget and one went a little over budget.

In scenario A there was clearly terrible financial mismanagement that the build project cost 3 times the budgeted amount.

In scenario b the budget failed to account for every cost but was still within reason.

I'm really not sure why you are so defensive over simply acknowledging that someone mismanaged the hell out of that building project budget. The building is great. The process was an unmitigated disaster to run so far over budget.

Why does anyone even care how much it costs? I never understood it. 

The money isn't coming out of your pocket and is completely irrelevant to anyone on this board. Bringing it up is just another way to find something to complain about. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, drew39k said:

Costing more versus running over budget are two entirely different things.

Let's roleplay.

Two scenarios. 

Your building a house. You work with your contractor and plan on a budget of 300,000 for the build.  After the build the contractor comes back to you and says he ran over budget. Final cost is now a million for the design that was previously agreed and budgeted for 300k. 

Or

You build a house and plan a budget with you contractor for 925k. The house ends up costing 1mil. 

Both houses cost 1 mil to build. One ran more than triple the proposed budget and one went a little over budget.

In scenario A there was clearly terrible financial mismanagement that the build project cost 3 times the budgeted amount.

In scenario b the budget failed to account for every cost but was still within reason.

I'm really not sure why you are so defensive over simply acknowledging that someone mismanaged the hell out of that building project budget. The building is great. The process was an unmitigated disaster to run so far over budget.

I’m not defensive I’m honestly curious why people care so much about this. Instead of comments how great it looks there are negative comments about the cost and overruns. People seem upset that a billionaire and his business partners are upset that they’re spending their own billions to build their own Taj Majal. As I said before at least they’re spending their own money. You’re worried because of some unconfirmed cost number is higher than the initial estimates when that means nothing to anybody other than the guy footing the bill. If this was using public funds I’d care, since it’s not using public money who gives a damn how much it costs.

4 hours ago, Ray Reed said:

Comfortably above the Chargers and Clippers, but comfortably below the Lakers, Dodgers, beaches/outdoor activities, and entertainment industry out there

Basically not popular at all compared to metro areas bigger and smaller that have teams. A lot of other metro areas have other things to do besides going to a sporting event or watching sports so I've never bought that excuse in LA.

Edited by Tex
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, NVRamsFan said:

I’m not defensive I’m honestly curious why people care so much about this.

no clue either, but some people just like to bash LA / California... 

Comparing it to any other "stadium" in terms of costs is way off base because its an entire entertainment district that encompasses 300 acres.
There are commercial buildings, hotels, residences, an amphitheater - an entire city being built. By comparison, the Raiders Allegiant Stadium sits on only 62 acres and all of the businesses and residences were already there in Las Vegas. Completely different projects.
Kroenke will do just fine, there are 100's of new homes built on that Hollywood Park site and the low- end prices start at $ 800k each.

• Like 3

On 6/29/2020 at 12:27 PM, NVRamsFan said:

And how much would that stadium cost if built in California? Hint a hell of a lot more than it costs in Vegas. Also Vegas is being built on the public dime, that changes everything. 

At least be accurate if you"re going to post that.  $1.2 billion will come from the Raiders/NFL(PSLs have added $550mil) and $750mil will come from a hotel tax.  The project is on time and on budget and will also house UNLV (so a benefit to the city).

Edit: Any overrun on costs would be on the Raiders to cover it.

Edited by daineraider
  • Like 1

On 6/30/2020 at 10:37 AM, Ray Reed said:

Comfortably above the Chargers and Clippers, but comfortably below the Lakers, Dodgers, beaches/outdoor activities, and entertainment industry out there

I wouldn't say they are comfortably above the Clippers (or the Kings). Especially if Kawhi brings the Clips that ring. LA will jump all over that wagon.

Edited by Jeezla
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...