WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

I like Julie, she puts a bs/positive spin on it but let's be honest, this is an embarrassment once again. 

They don't have their ish together. They had two months to get a name together before the season starts when they  decided to finally change the name - bc Dan was going to lose $ if he didn't - and they can't get it done.

I hope they just put a ’curly W’ on the helmet and call it a day.

I've said from day 1 that I want a ’curly W’ on the helmet or a ’curly R’ if the new name started with an ’R.’

Edited by turtle28

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I got an email from the team and apparently “Washington Football Team” gear will be available next week.

so Snyder gets to liquidate his Redskins gear, sell this stuff and then gets more new gear when he officially changes the name.

We should have predicted this.

Yes, and I won't buy a damn thing! ”NOT A DAMNNNN THING” In my Smokey voice from Friday!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29666cmavtyasdf0c45b

2 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

I got an email from the team and apparently “Washington Football Team” gear will be available next week.

so Snyder gets to liquidate his Redskins gear, sell this stuff and then gets more new gear when he officially changes the name.

We should have predicted this.

Not really much choice. It takes time to lock down patents and trademarks to where you arnt paying a royalty to anyone.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Deadpulse said:

mmmmm not sure you have a leg to stand on criticize old team logos lol

Our old logos we're really nice, the logos we had were never the problem, it was the actual name which was the problem. A chief of a tribe helped develop our logo decades ago and before that we had an R on our helmet and spears.

Just now, turtle28 said:

Yes, and I won't buy a damn thing! ”NOT A DAMNNNN THING” In my Smokey voice from Friday!

giphy.gif?cid=4d1e4f29666cmavtyasdf0c45b

I havent bought Washington gear in my life. But will for this. In years to come its going to be a collector piece for any fans collection.

2 hours ago, MikeT14 said:

I love it. I was kinda hoping this would be it for a little while. 

I can live with it. ”Love” is too strong of a word for how I feel about the entire organization at this moment and how I've felt about them since 2002, the year after Dan stupidly fired Marty after one season.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, RSkinGM said:

You mean in the interim ? They'll just have gold numbers of each player . 

Is that official? Or are you just suggesting that?

Having gold numbers on the burgundy helmets will look cool too.

They should just go with the Washingtonians!