WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

Washington should change its name to the Presidents, which was one of the nicknames for a Washington team that played in the NFL only in 1921. It honors Washington's status as the national capital.

And the burgundy and gold colors need to be ditched too. They're too associated with the Redskins name. The new colors should be red, navy blue and white, like the American flag and the other big four teams in Washington.

On 8/15/2020 at 1:18 PM, aceinthehouse said:

Personally, if we can longer be the Redskins?

I would prefer we just keep "Washington Football Team", until we get Redskins name back or take our time in getting an appropriate replacement.

No offense, but I think Redwolves is lame, Redtails is stupid.

But I could just be in mourning...I don't know.

I actually hope that the season gets shortened, cause then I'll know we'll be making the Playoffs with 💯% certainty.

A SB appearance or win would also make our current name that much harder to kick to the curb, which I'm hopeful of.

I'm loving the #'s on the helmet though... I could definitely get used to that.

We have an old school, throwback, retro, whatever you want to call it College University look & I'm down with that.

Plus, we get to keep our Colors.

And, I get to yell "GO REDSKINS!" everytime they score still.

You can retire the name on paper...

But you can't take it from me, my memories or my soul.

Imo, the name is honorable & I don't follow popular opinion just to be politically correct. I actually use my own brain, study something & make a decision.

Just like I only wear a mask to the Grocery store, to be considerate.

Not because I actually believe there's a killer virus out there that's bad enough to shut down the whole world & destroy the economy.

Like the regular Flu has for centuries.

Just like the Redskins name, everybody got in line & decided the name is racist & formed it as fact.

Just like the Plandemic & Redskin name supposedly being racist.

Just because you repeat something over & over & over & over & over again, doesn't make it true.

I'll tell you what is true...

Get a majority, no matter the lie.

And people will conform to that lie, to the ends of the earth.

And when given the truth, about said lie?

They will hunt you, beat you & try to destroy you for it.

Evil is running rampant & it's unfortunate.

Thankfully, I've been prepared for this for a very long time.

Open your eyes people...👀

Was going back through the thread and missed this one from before. I know this is a bit late @aceinthehouse, but you know better than to post stuff like this.

Last unofficial warning on this.

3 hours ago, pf9 said:

Washington should change its name to the Presidents, which was one of the nicknames for a Washington team that played in the NFL only in 1921. It honors Washington's status as the national capital.

And the burgundy and gold colors need to be ditched too. They're too associated with the Redskins name. The new colors should be red, navy blue and white, like the American flag and the other big four teams in Washington.

The more this team goes away from the Redskins, the more I personally will lose interest.  I expect a lot of other fans will have similar feelings, as some have expressed here as well.  

I'm also not in favor of following the other teams in the area.  One poster here is an unabashed fan of the Nationals "Curly W" and wants that incorporated into the logo.  I think the Curly W should remain a thing of the Nationals, and the Washington Football Team should blaze their own path as far as uniforms or logos go, if they decide to go away from burgundy and gold. 

3 minutes ago, pf9 said:

the other Washington teams have those colors because they are also the colors of the US flag and thus it is a patriotic color scheme

teams in Washington in any sport should this scheme

It is a good thing that the football team really isn't in Washington DC then. They are in Ashburn VA (facility) or Raljon MD (stadium)

giphy.gif

• 2 weeks later...

I don’t think we need other teams fans to tell us to change the colors of the team, I respect his opinion but I don’t see it happening. Dan Snyder is not going to do that. It’s pretty much a non starter for him IMO and like @naptownskinsfan said it would alienate a lot of the older fanbase and even some you people who have decades of family tradition around them.

I have no clue what the name will be, but there’s several I could accept. I really hope they don’t keep it as is, this WFT needs to go ASAP.

I trust Jason Wright and others to come up with something that’s cool, new and fresh that works.

On 9/21/2020 at 9:50 PM, naptownskinsfan said:

It is a good thing that the football team really isn't in Washington DC then. They are in Ashburn VA (facility) or Raljon MD (stadium)

giphy.gif

If they’re not a Washington, DC team then they need to change their name to Virginia Football Team then. How about that for getting rid of the teams history?

14 minutes ago, turtle28 said:

If they’re not a Washington, DC team then they need to change their name to Virginia Football Team then. How about that for getting rid of the teams history?

Theyre in America. How bout "Americas Football Team". Just to tick off the Cowboys.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, MikeT14 said:

I find it classy, and I like Premier League. It's unique to the major 4 sports.

That’s fair, I think it’s awful. We’re the only team in the league’s 100 year history to not have a team name, I don’t like it. This isn’t soccer where forever teams have called themselves football clubs, it just doesn’t fit in football. I think we need a cool new name to energize some of this young fanbase, the rebranding could help a lot with that especially if we start winning in the next few years. If those two things go together well then we might actually fill the stadium up again someday.

2 hours ago, turtle28 said:

That’s fair, I think it’s awful. We’re the only team in the league’s 100 year history to not have a team name, I don’t like it. This isn’t soccer where forever teams have called themselves football clubs, it just doesn’t fit in football. I think we need a cool new name to energize some of this young fanbase, the rebranding could help a lot with that especially if we start winning in the next few years. If those two things go together well then we might actually fill the stadium up again someday.

You still have nicknames. Look at Newport County. Theyre called Ironsides, Exiles and couple others.

I dont see why names are needed. We dont watch for some nickname. We cheer a football team. Let things come naturally to the fans for that. Thats the thing about soccer clubs. Over time its a natural thing to be called. Usually something in relation to the region. If enough keep pushing Red Wolves, it will be the name even if the title is Football Team.

Edited by PARROTHEAD

5 hours ago, PARROTHEAD said:

You still have nicknames. Look at Newport County. Theyre called Ironsides, Exiles and couple others.

I dont see why names are needed. We dont watch for some nickname. We cheer a football team. Let things come naturally to the fans for that. Thats the thing about soccer clubs. Over time its a natural thing to be called. Usually something in relation to the region. If enough keep pushing Red Wolves, it will be the name even if the title is Football Team.

People actually do get attached to the nickname, if anyone should know that it should be us as Redskins fans and the change of the name which has been an argument since the 90s.

I still like Admirals the best bc of being close to the Naval Academy but I like RedWolves a lot too and the new uniform designs could be cool with that.

Edited by turtle28