WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

3 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Ugh...none of those you posted. Too kid-like.

Oh I want to keep tradition but I want some bad *** alternates. That was more just the logo and for the all whites that uni was 🔥🔥🔥 but I do want to keep our mains more old school just no stripe on the helmet no matter what

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ripsean21 said:

Oh I want to keep tradition but I want some bad *** alternates. That was more just the logo and for the all whites that uni was 🔥🔥🔥 but I do want to keep our mains more old school just no stripe on the helmet no matter what

The old look could be gone, if it’s a total rebrand even our unis could look totally different next year and Wright said that the Washington Football Community will be part of the name choice and the new brand. That points to RedWolvesfor a team name imo.

He cracked a joke w/ Strahan and said “I know what you’re thinking and no, Just bc I’m Black doesn’t mean it’s going to be RedTails!” 😂 

Edited by turtle28

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/18/2020 at 7:17 AM, turtle28 said:

The old look could be gone, if it’s a total rebrand even our unis could look totally different next year and Wright said that the Washington Football Community will be part of the name choice and the new brand. That points to RedWolvesfor a team name imo.

He cracked a joke w/ Strahan and said “I know what you’re thinking and no, Just bc I’m Black doesn’t mean it’s going to be RedTails!” 😂 

I’m really really intrigued by the wright addition!!! I love the football minds we have and I genuinely am impressed with what he’s done off the field and really think he will do good things on the forefront of our business models going forward. I’m hoping redwolves I think we all know that by now. But I’m very excited to see the growth of our franchise going forward. We have always found ways to find new lows with Bruce I believe we will consistently grow with this staff if ownership really has learned to allow this staff to do what they all do best. I’m confident in our scouting dept. I’m confident that Rivera will have the players and coaches in sync. And I think Wright will really steer this team back to DC along with promoting a name and uniform and stafium and public relations that will be night and day different then the previous 20 years.

38 minutes ago, ripsean21 said:

I’m really really intrigued by the wright addition!!! I love the football minds we have and I genuinely am impressed with what he’s done off the field and really think he will do good things on the forefront of our business models going forward. I’m hoping redwolves I think we all know that by now. But I’m very excited to see the growth of our franchise going forward. We have always found ways to find new lows with Bruce I believe we will consistently grow with this staff if ownership really has learned to allow this staff to do what they all do best. I’m confident in our scouting dept. I’m confident that Rivera will have the players and coaches in sync. And I think Wright will really steer this team back to DC along with promoting a name and uniform and stafium and public relations that will be night and day different then the previous 20 years.

Im opposite. Wright was brought in for 1 reason. To have the business make as much money as possible for Dan. Same guy that would go around and show companies how they could make 2 cent more per tshirt, shoes, toggle switches or whatever by outsourcing to China and letting forced labored (slaves) Uyghur Muslims do the work. Like Bruce. His scruples knows no low.

Now I do think he will get the job done. For Dan that is.

People just need to accept. That it is true. Only a handful of teams are actively trying to win Championships. The rest are just viewed as businesses by the people that run them. We sadly fall in that last group. Its Dans tax free money printing press.

I do hope that one day you can quote this and laugh at how wrong I was. But Im not holding my breath for that day to come.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Im opposite. Wright was brought in for 1 reason. To have the business make as much money as possible for Dan. Same guy that would go around and show companies how they could make 2 cent more per tshirt, shoes, toggle switches or whatever by outsourcing to China and letting forced labored (slaves) Uyghur Muslims do the work. Like Bruce. His scruples knows no low.

Now I do think he will get the job done. For Dan that is.

People just need to accept. That it is true. Only a handful of teams are actively trying to win Championships. The rest are just viewed as businesses by the people that run them. We sadly fall in that last group. Its Dans tax free money printing press.

I do hope that one day you can quote this and laugh at how wrong I was. But Im not holding my breath for that day to come.

Well I won’t quote you because I don’t care to be proven right I just hope we all here can talk about winning because since I was a teen in high school posting here to now being in my 30’s I just want to see something worth posting for all of us because this fan base deserves so much more!!! All the mods and guys here are practically a family to me and we all want the same thing I really just hope we all get to see it. So I try to look for the good because the easy thing to find is the bad especially with this team and I just hope we can get a narritive change

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hi guys!

Outsider here (obviously), but I was looking around the internet and didn't come up with much new, or recent, regarding the name change. 

Forgive me for not reading through a fifty-six page thread, but...is there any consensus as to what the hell is going on? I mean, football starts in a week. Are they going to go through the season without a new name? What's going on with the uniforms? 

Wow, this is weird. 

2 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Hi guys!

Outsider here (obviously), but I was looking around the internet and didn't come up with much new, or recent, regarding the name change. 

Forgive me for not reading through a fifty-six page thread, but...is there any consensus as to what the hell is going on? I mean, football starts in a week. Are they going to go through the season without a new name? What's going on with the uniforms? 

Wow, this is weird. 

We are the Washington Football Team at the moment or the WTF’s... I mean WFT’s. They didn’t have enough time to fully do an entire research etc, fan survey’s and rebranding and deal w/ legal issues w/ people who had trademarked possible new team names and everything else by the time Dan finally agreed to change the name by late June.

Heck, we hadn’t even hired our new Team President - Jason Wright - by then. He will be doing  business side of things and will be heavily involved in the new name as well as the branding and marketing surrounding that.

I  believe it will be next February, after the Super Bowl and before the league year starts the first week of march.

The leaders in the club house are the RedWolves or Warriors.

This year the front is the Jersey’s day Washington instead of Redskins, the rest of the uni is the same. They got rid of the striped down the middle of the helmet and and put Numbers on the sides of the helmets like Alabama.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Heinz D. said:

Hi guys!

Wow, this is weird. 

Basically, Snyder hasn't pillaged the fans enough, so he is going to go without a name this year to get more money out of the fans.  Genius, especially when you consider fans won't be at games this year. 

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Basically, Snyder hasn't pillaged the fans enough, so he is going to go without a name this year to get more money out of the fans.  Genius, especially when you consider fans won't be at games this year. 

I saw a couple of news reports stating that they're forgoing a new name, or nickname, or whatever the hell you'd call it, this year. I figured that wasn't true. I mean...WOW.

Talk about dysfunction. Holy crap. 

• Like 1

Just now, Heinz D. said:

I saw a couple of news reports stating that they're forgoing a new name, or nickname, or whatever the hell you'd call it, this year. I figured that wasn't true. I mean...WOW.

Talk about dysfunction. Holy crap. 

You also probably missed all of the sexual harassment allegations that aren't going away, as well.  Initially, Snyder hired an independent investigator to evaluate the franchise but the NFL has taken that over.  

3 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

You also probably missed all of the sexual harassment allegations that aren't going away, as well.  Initially, Snyder hired an independent investigator to evaluate the franchise but the NFL has taken that over.  

Yikes. Is he going to have to sell?

(I hope so, for the sake of Washington fans.) 

1 minute ago, naptownskinsfan said:

My opinion is that, barring video evidence similar to Donald Sterling, probably not.  

I suppose that's too bad. Snyder has meant well, throughout his time as an owner, but he's still botched up so many things.

I really love the Rivera hire, though. And am not at all disillusioned by Haskins. 

Hope good things happen for y'all. 

Just not when your playin' the Bears. 😉

• Like 1