WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

23 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

When its not Red Wolves I'm going to be laughing at everyone who has jumped on this bandwagon.  You guys really thinking that this team will listen to the fans and do something smart for a change is really cute. 

I’m with you, it’s not likely to be RedWolves bc as you said the owner doesn’t listen to the fans. If Dan listened to the fans, Bruce would’ve been fired instead of McCloughan in 2017 and McCloughan would’ve either re-signed Kirk in 2017 or traded him for a 1st round pick and a mid round pick in the the 2017 or 2018 draft.

Edited by turtle28

13 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

When its not Red Wolves I'm going to be laughing at everyone who has jumped on this bandwagon.  You guys really thinking that this team will listen to the fans and do something smart for a change is really cute. 

It will be funny. I just dont think it will be Red Wolves. Seems like a lot of work and money to get the trademarks, websites and all else away from those that have taken them. Plus its only certain groups pushing it. When overall there are 100s of names that would work just as well. Some just take a little getting use too. Like "Football Team". The longer it goes the more Im liking it. lol

3 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

It will be funny. I just dont think it will be Red Wolves. Seems like a lot of work and money to get the trademarks, websites and all else away from those that have taken them. Plus its only certain groups pushing it. When overall there are 100s of names that would work just as well. Some just take a little getting use too. Like "Football Team". The longer it goes the more Im liking it. lol

It’s the Scot McCloughan name for our team! 😂 

46 minutes ago, MikeT14 said:

That's because it is pretty good :) 

It certainly provokes the "team" like mentality and removes any identity other than team. 

But RedWolves also implies a pack like mentality with a little more aggression. For me, that is the frontrunner. Snyder has manipulated the cap to his advantage over the years (yes, I know it was not him personally, but the capologist not named @Woz ) that I am sure his legal team will find a way to make the TM's of any name he wants his. 

Edited by mike23md
  • Like 1

“Football Team” is not a name. It’s flat out stupid. I get why they have to go with it now but I could see myself moving on as a fan if they decided to keep it. It’s bad enough we had to give up Redskins but to give it up for “Football Team” would be like a swift kick to the gonads. 

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

“Football Team” is not a name. It’s flat out stupid. I get why they have to go with it now but I could see myself moving on as a fan if they decided to keep it. It’s bad enough we had to give up Redskins but to give it up for “Football Team” would be like a swift kick to the gonads. 

It won’t be. It’s temporary. I don’t understand the love for It either. I’d deal with it as I am a homer for the home team no matter the sport in the DC/DC suburbs area but I don’t want it to be that long term. I will say the helmets on the #s has grown on me, but I’d want that to be changed to their new logo next year, a curly gold W - Which I think it should be now - or the curly gold letter for whatever the new names first letter is.

Edited by turtle28

2 hours ago, lavar703 said:

Its a football team. Maybe I see it different cause Im from South American sports where everything is Athletic Club, Football Club, Athletic Facility and such. Theyre Washingtons football team and are called "Washington Football Team". Why is more needed?

Like in the Soccer thread I touched on. I cheered Veracruz FC. They were known as the Red Sharks even though its not in the name. Its how it works around rest of the world.

Personally, if we can longer be the Redskins?

I would prefer we just keep "Washington Football Team", until we get Redskins name back or take our time in getting an appropriate replacement.

No offense, but I think Redwolves is lame, Redtails is stupid.

But I could just be in mourning...I don't know.

I actually hope that the season gets shortened, cause then I'll know we'll be making the Playoffs with 💯% certainty.

A SB appearance or win would also make our current name that much harder to kick to the curb, which I'm hopeful of.

I'm loving the #'s on the helmet though... I could definitely get used to that.

We have an old school, throwback, retro, whatever you want to call it College University look & I'm down with that.

Plus, we get to keep our Colors.

And, I get to yell "GO REDSKINS!" everytime they score still.

You can retire the name on paper...

But you can't take it from me, my memories or my soul.

Imo, the name is honorable & I don't follow popular opinion just to be politically correct. I actually use my own brain, study something & make a decision.

Just like I only wear a mask to the Grocery store, to be considerate.

Not because I actually believe there's a killer virus out there that's bad enough to shut down the whole world & destroy the economy.

Like the regular Flu has for centuries.

Just like the Redskins name, everybody got in line & decided the name is racist & formed it as fact.

Just like the Plandemic & Redskin name supposedly being racist.

Just because you repeat something over & over & over & over & over again, doesn't make it true.

I'll tell you what is true...

Get a majority, no matter the lie.

And people will conform to that lie, to the ends of the earth.

And when given the truth, about said lie?

They will hunt you, beat you & try to destroy you for it.

Evil is running rampant & it's unfortunate.

Thankfully, I've been prepared for this for a very long time.

Open your eyes people...👀

• Like 1

5 hours ago, aceinthehouse said:

Personally, if we can longer be the Redskins?

I would prefer we just keep "Washington Football Team", until we get Redskins name back or take our time in getting an appropriate replacement.

No offense, but I think Redwolves is lame, Redtails is stupid.

But I could just be in mourning...I don't know.

I actually hope that the season gets shortened, cause then I'll know we'll be making the Playoffs with 💯% certainty.

A SB appearance or win would also make our current name that much harder to kick to the curb, which I'm hopeful of.

I'm loving the #'s on the helmet though... I could definitely get used to that.

We have an old school, throwback, retro, whatever you want to call it College University look & I'm down with that.

Plus, we get to keep our Colors.

And, I get to yell "GO REDSKINS!" everytime they score still.

You can retire the name on paper...

But you can't take it from me, my memories or my soul.

Imo, the name is honorable & I don't follow popular opinion just to be politically correct. I actually use my own brain, study something & make a decision.

Just like I only wear a mask to the Grocery store, to be considerate.

Not because I actually believe there's a killer virus out there that's bad enough to shut down the whole world & destroy the economy.

Like the regular Flu has for centuries.

Just like the Redskins name, everybody got in line & decided the name is racist & formed it as fact.

Just like the Plandemic & Redskin name supposedly being racist.

Just because you repeat something over & over & over & over & over again, doesn't make it true.

I'll tell you what is true...

Get a majority, no matter the lie.

And people will conform to that lie, to the ends of the earth.

And when given the truth, about said lie?

They will hunt you, beat you & try to destroy you for it.

Evil is running rampant & it's unfortunate.

Thankfully, I've been prepared for this for a very long time.

Open your eyes people...👀

I can live w/ any name but my #1 seed is Admirals since I think PH mentioned it a month ago. I just love it bc we are so close to the Naval Academy and Fed Ex Field is only 25 miles from the Naval Academy. 

We should honestly stop talking about the name Redskins and whether it is or isn’t racist. It’s over, it’s not coming back and continuing to argue over that just leads to arguments and possibly suspensions or being totally banned from the site bc of how heated those arguments can get. 

Of course people will still day the name and wear the gear and sing the song at the stadium wherever fans come back. My uncle and I were just talking about that at my great uncle’s 90th birthday last Sunday. He has a Redskins necklace and everything. It is what it is.

Edited by turtle28
  • Like 1

Gotta be honest, I'm sick of seeing Julie Donaldson respond to twitter trolls for no apparent reason. These trolls will never be satisfied, so you just got to carry on.

However, enough with the updates until something is actually interesting is done. Example: they keep releasing merch item by item. Its all trash and looks like the off-brand junk you find at Target. In addition, they continue to keep the tradition of different shades or red for the helmet and jerseys. Its mind-boggling that a professional football team...a multi bilion dollar organization continues to look like an underfunded peewee football team.

1 hour ago, A TRAIN 89 said:

Gotta be honest, I'm sick of seeing Julie Donaldson respond to twitter trolls for no apparent reason. These trolls will never be satisfied, so you just got to carry on.

However, enough with the updates until something is actually interesting is done. Example: they keep releasing merch item by item. Its all trash and looks like the off-brand junk you find at Target. In addition, they continue to keep the tradition of different shades or red for the helmet and jerseys. Its mind-boggling that a professional football team...a multi bilion dollar organization continues to look like an underfunded peewee football team.

She shouldn’t respond to twitter trolls. It’s a waste of her time. As for the rest it’s what they’re always going to do. Teams will always push stories and videos out there for content that are truly non-stories and are often more positive than the actual truth.

They're also going to push the merch, they have a small window - maybe just 8-9 months to sell this merch and the temporary new look to the homers that always buy their stuff in droves before they hopefully have a new name next spring before free agency and the draft.

I like this but the feather needs to go. I like a curly R or curly W logo on the helmet better. If we are going to use the mascot as the logo on the helmet, I want the look of the red wolf to be more aggressive with teeth showing like the NC State Wolfpack logo like this:

Edited by turtle28

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

I like this but the feather needs to go. I like a curly R or curly W logo on the helmet better. If we are going to use the mascot as the logo on the helmet, I want the look of the red wolf to be more aggressive with teeth showing like the NC State Wolfpack logo like this:

I really loved the white and grey and burgundy iced out uni that had the red claw tears and the burgundy R with the wolf howling inline for the R. I love the Redwolves name but ultimately I just want them to pick something simple without having to be associated to any group of people because that just causes issues over time. Just want something that’s not more distraction so we can celebrate the name not defend it

• Like 1

On 8/16/2020 at 9:04 AM, ripsean21 said:

I really loved the white and grey and burgundy iced out uni that had the red claw tears and the burgundy R with the wolf howling inline for the R. I love the Redwolves name but ultimately I just want them to pick something simple without having to be associated to any group of people because that just causes issues over time. Just want something that’s not more distraction so we can celebrate the name not defend it

Ugh...none of those you posted. Too kid-like.