WASHINGTON REDSKINS - OFFICIAL NAME CHANGE THREAD

Thaiphoon

1 hour ago, turtle28 said:

This all-day!! He hit the jackpot on this design! Snyder needs to cut him a check.

I’m sold, I like red wolfs the best and that jersey is fire! I would like other to be the same as that but all black with a matte black helmet, kinda remnant of Arizona state.

i would then have an all burgundy alternate

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Thaiphoon said:

Oh yeah, and Snyder not contributing to the charity he set up? Can completely believe it. I know people who have worked for him before.

What a load that guy is.

Which is why I am done with this team.  That, and how he treated everyone on their way out (or let Bruce Allen treat them) tells you all you need to know.  

He's actually going to get what he wants by doing this too, the new stadium.  I wouldn't put it past him that it's the only reason he's changing it.  

I just can't bring myself to care anymore, because the freaking owner doesn't care.  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Danger said:

Y'all should keep the color scheme IMO, but there's money to be made by changing it for ownership. If you guys changed your colors, more people would sort of need to get new memorabilia instead of just wearing the old stuff.

This move is all about money.  New brand means a ton of new merchandise, not just Chase Young jerseys.  It also likely means a new stadium deal, one that, until now, no one was playing ball with him to get it.  

• Like 1

On 7/8/2020 at 7:36 PM, Kiltman said:

yeah, having to redo this all again in a couple years would be bad.
Just move on.

Like North Dakota with their old moniker, I believe that there may be a way for him to have a legacy line of items come out in a few years if he plays his cards right.  The big sticking point would be if the proceeds would go to Native American groups in need.  People could get behind that.  But since he hasn't put any money into a similar charity in a couple years, I think you can forget that happening.

• Like 2

On 7/7/2020 at 1:58 PM, turtle28 said:

I hear you about Ray, I feel the same way. 

Well if it happens and we lose you in this forum it will suck. You’ve been a great addition to the forum and you’ve been a great mod. You had big shoes to fill with Woz taking a step back - who I think was a mod in here for almost 15 years - and you’ve done a great job.

Thanks for the kind words.  

I just can't with this team anymore.  It sucks.  But I just don't care anymore.  

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Which is why I am done with this team.  That, and how he treated everyone on their way out (or let Bruce Allen treat them) tells you all you need to know.  

He's actually going to get what he wants by doing this too, the new stadium.  I wouldn't put it past him that it's the only reason he's changing it.  

I just can't bring myself to care anymore, because the freaking owner doesn't care.  

Dont make it about any of that. Make it about the other fans. You want something that cares, wants to win, has heart. You have UGA for that. You think this team registers anything close to what LSU means to me? Not remotely close. I have a hundred LSU tshirts, 0 Redskins shirts. For the Skins. Im here for its fans, care cause of the fans. I knew a decade ago, we were gonna suck these past 10 years and beyond. Fans like on here and ones I meet like a couple of my neighbors keep me going and get me my joy out of it.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, PARROTHEAD said:

Dont make it about any of that. Make it about the other fans. You want something that cares, wants to win, has heart. You have UGA for that. You think this team registers anything close to what LSU means to me? Not remotely close. I have a hundred LSU tshirts, 0 Redskins shirts. For the Skins. Im here for its fans, care cause of the fans. I knew a decade ago, we were gonna suck these past 10 years and beyond. Fans like on here and ones I meet like a couple of my neighbors keep me going and get me my joy out of it.

Football is different for me man.  I have Navy for my local team.  I'm a Redskins fan, and it was easy to pick the Redskins over the Ravens, because I have family that played for the Redskins, the same family that played for UGA which is why I root for them.  I get what you are saying but this is a completely different scenario for me.