Forum Game: Tecmo Super Bowl Season - Pickle (bucs) wins the Super Bowl!!

In what should be cause for celebration, Josh Jacobs hurt again for somehow carrying the ball up 27-0. Fire my coach tbh. Watson didn’t Have a single incomplete pass and if my play calling is like it was the first half, he won’t be stopped.

2 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

well, if 15 players agree that changing playbooks is fine (cant take anyone elses) then i will allow it.

if even one says no, then i wont

Signups

1. @MWil23 -  Browns

2. @Forge - 49ers

3. @Blue - Texans

4. @Dome - Saints

5. @swoosh- Falcons

6. @bcb1213 - Jets

7. @Deadpulse - Patriots

8. @The Orca - Rams

9. @daboyle250 - Buttmunchers

10. @Counselor - Broncos

11. @HoboRocket - Cardinals

12. @rackcs - Steelers

13. @Pickle Rick - Bucs

14. @bigbadbuff - Bills

16. @squire12 - Packers

49 minutes ago, Malfatron said:

today will be the defintive decision on whether i will have to start a brand new rom for the playoffs or be able to keep going.

if we can keep going, i will.

we may not be able to change the schedule once season starts (which means there would have to be a fresh copy of the rom each playoff week)

we may not be able to schedule past 17 weeks or put the same team in a single week (which would require at the least, starting the playoffs in a brand new rom and then letting it play out if im allowed to change the schedule 

we will see, but i will determine that now before any current injuries will actually matter come playoffs (everyone thats injured now will be out a max of 3 games)

i have a test rom to see what i can do

Good news!

i figured out a way to add additional games for week 16-17 (playoffs) while season is still going. So the season will continue into the playoffs on the same rom!

• Like 3

HOU at NO: The tackling by the Houston linebackers is truly atrocious. Wentz continues to exhibit poor decision-making, choosing to run into defenders on pass plays instead of throwing to wide-open receivers, but his rushing contributions are at least making up for it a bit and nearly running back an onside kick for a score was glorious. Kyler Murray's incompetence as a passer continues to bail out opponents, as an interception-rush-fumble sequence in the 3rd quarter essentially sealed the game for Houston as things got away from them big-time in the 4th quarter.

PIT at DEN: Brees keeping plays alive with his legs to lead a scoring drive has to be one of the highlights of the Pittsburgh season. Pittsburgh is essentially throwing games by having a Brees run in the playbook and calling it consistently. Denver continues to look like a team that shows up against good teams and keep bad teams in the game. The first drive of the 4th quarter was a beautiful, methodical march down the field that exemplifies why the Broncos are the current Tecmo Bowl favorite, however.

ATL at SF: The offensive line continues to give the 49ers' offense zero chance. After a rough start, San Francisco's defense actually put up a decent fight against the top offense in the league. It was wasted effort as the offense and special teams (again) just kept giving Atlanta great field position. Facing the 9ers was just what the Atlanta defense needed to pad their stats.

TB at WAS: Holy cow, I was not expecting Tampa Bay to fall to the juggernaut that is the Washington Buttmunchers. Losing Joe Burrow is a huge blow for the Bucs, and they have to hope he isn't out for too long because Ryan Finley is a big downgrade. Washington isn't quite dead yet it seems, and you wonder how different their season would look if they played like this the previous four games.

CLE at NY: What an ***-whooping. The floor of the New York offense has been met. On the other side, Deshaun Watson had a game for the ages and is solidifying MVP status. Getting Jacobs back only to lose him is a tease, but the Browns didn't need him. Good bounceback game for the Browns while the Jets continue their skid after a strong start.

BUF at LA: I mean, what's left to say? LA is the worst team in the league by a good margin at this point. Buffalo's offense continues to roll in spite of an inaccurate QB, with Allen's receivers making big plays for him downfield. At 4-1, it's still questionable how good they really are, but they're sticking in the playoff discussion.

GB at ARI: The two-headed rushing attack of Arizona is a lot for defenses to handle and is keeping them in the playoff hunt. However, the defense underperformed against the hot Packers offense. Goff's inaccuracy and constant pressure from the Green Bay front shows why nobody is worried about Arizona except the Cards themselves. Green Bay's huge loss to Denver continues to look like an aberration as they dominate other playoff hopefuls.

OAK at NE: These teams are on the opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of what they're good and bad at. The Oakland defense seemed to be just what New England's offense needed to get going, while the Raiders struggled to convert big plays into points against the very stingy Pats defense. New England is clinging to playoff life, but they aren't playing the Raiders every week.

• Like 4