Official NHL Thread

roysmyboy31

On ‎11‎/‎30‎/‎2017 at 12:31 PM, bkobow05 said:

We have 5 RHD now so hopefully having Severson, Vatanen and Santini to solidify the right side means no more Lovejoy or Prout. That'll help in itself. We still need a top of the line LHD (doesn't everyone?), but we may be able to survive with whatever combination of Mueller, Moore, Greene and Butcher until we can address it.

The Flyers always have issues finding RHD....

We're a terrible team but Sean Couturier is a legit 1C and Claude Giroux never went anywhere.  This might be one of the most frustrating seasons in a while (not because we're bad but because our coach puts out some of the most boring hockey in the NHL) but it's great to see the Twitter/HF trolls put to bed regarding Giroux.  

• Like 1

Nice to see that the Devils are back to their old ways of not being able to win in overtime or shootouts. I can't believe how bad this team has been in shootouts for the last 5-6 years. Team is going through some major struggles now - granted, helped out considerably by two questionable off side calls that would have given us the lead in two games, but still. Getting a little ugly. On the bright side, I suppose we are at least getting a point in most of these games

On 1/7/2018 at 12:30 AM, flyers0909 said:

We're a terrible team but Sean Couturier is a legit 1C and Claude Giroux never went anywhere.  This might be one of the most frustrating seasons in a while (not because we're bad but because our coach puts out some of the most boring hockey in the NHL) but it's great to see the Twitter/HF trolls put to bed regarding Giroux.  

The Flyers certainly aren't a terrible team.  They are very much way too dependent on their top 3 guys, but there is some talent throughout the roster.  As you said, guys like MacDonald still getting major minutes is frustrating, but they can finally skate with a lot of teams and their PP will keep them competitive. 

9 hours ago, BLick12 said:

The Flyers certainly aren't a terrible team.  They are very much way too dependent on their top 3 guys, but there is some talent throughout the roster.  As you said, guys like MacDonald still getting major minutes is frustrating, but they can finally skate with a lot of teams and their PP will keep them competitive. 

I was a bit drunk when I posed this and as you can tell I hate Hakstol haha.  I don't think we're terrible with an optimized lineup, but Weise, Lehtera, MacDonald, Manning (he's on PP2 wtf?), etc getting minutes makes us such a worse team.  Raffl, Laughton, and Leier were among the best shutdown lines in the entire NHL and now it's Lehtera on that line who literally can't skate anymore.  

One awesome thing is how good Patrick's line has been lately, they were something like 18-3 in shot attempts yesterday.  

My biggest complaint is that we're just such a boring team.  Among the lowest in the league in CF/60 and CA/60.  Although I think that's starting to trend upwards, Ghost-Provy finally being a pair has been amazing.