Madden 21

On 10/18/2020 at 6:09 AM, 43M said:

This is pathetic.

For those of you know Ryan Moody, he regularly pushes a game called Axis Football.  Its by no means competition for Madden, as it is a low budget game with fictional teams and players.  However, for as many excuses as we get about franchise mode in Madden, just check out this video about Axis Footballs franchise....

This is a game with a very small fraction of EAs money and staff, and this is what type of things they have implemented.  Obviously, its a very limited game in many areas, but you have to consider the circumstances.  Imagine if you had passionate developers like this who had the budget, company size and NFL license that EA has.  The game would be unbelievable.

I mean, Madden is also unbelievable...but not in a good way.

Its sad that low budget and old games still outshine current day Madden in most areas outside of graphics.

I could definitely see it being enjoyable just playing franchise and simming the games I could just never actually play the games in that one with how horrible that gameplay looks.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Heimdallr said:

Spent a day playing PS2 Madden 2007 with a buddy, and it was so good. Dueling franchise mode teams with a fantasy draft. So fun and it just works. 

Just got Madden 07 and NCAA 07 and combining the two for draft classes. Both are fantastic games. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Spent a day playing PS2 Madden 2007 with a buddy, and it was so good. Dueling franchise mode teams with a fantasy draft. So fun and it just works. 

11 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Just got Madden 07 and NCAA 07 and combining the two for draft classes. Both are fantastic games. 

This is so pathetic that fans are getting more enjoyment out of 10+ year old games than Madden 21.

And its not just you two....Ive seen numerous YouTubers playing older Maddens and 2K5.   The one guy I follow is playing a Madden 09 franchise, and its sad seeing stuff in that game thats long removed.

• Like 1

Guess it's just me but I am enjoying the new Madden. I don't do MUT, face of the franchise, etc but I am in an online league with a few buddies and it's a good time. We did a fantasy draft, imported next years class and play through the year.

I wouldn't play Madden really otherwise so definitely recommend getting a group together and doing something similar. 

On 9/17/2020 at 9:29 PM, 43M said:

Really?    Never saw that one.

NFLs exclusive license with EA also gives the NFL some creative control, and they wont allow EA to put anything in the game that reflects even remotely poorly on the NFL.   Thats why you will never see realistic penalties, ejections, suspensions or anything like that.    Hell, its apparently the NFLs fault we dont have a real create a team anymore in Madden.    

As much as EA sucks, the NFL may be even worse.

I’ve noticed over the past few years that players never get concussions anymore.  I figured the NFL put the kibosh on that. 

Like outpost said, i miss players holding out and demanding trades.  It just made thing as little more real.  I’d like it if they added suspensions for on- or off-field incidents just to add another wrinkle to things.  Give players a “character” rating which helps determine the likelihood of them getting suspensions.

I miss being able to assemble a full coaching staff, not just HC.  I also liked that retired players would come back as coaching candidates.  On that note, why can’t they have a screen pop up showing which of your players have retired?  Instead you have to go through your roster and see who’s vanished.

I miss soundtracks that are even halfway bearable.

it’s just sad how far this game has fallen.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, CBears019 said:

I’ve noticed over the past few years that players never get concussions anymore.  I figured the NFL put the kibosh on that. 

Like outpost said, i miss players holding out and demanding trades.  It just made thing as little more real.  I’d like it if they added suspensions for on- or off-field incidents just to add another wrinkle to things.  Give players a “character” rating which helps determine the likelihood of them getting suspensions.

I miss being able to assemble a full coaching staff, not just HC.  I also liked that retired players would come back as coaching candidates.  On that note, why can’t they have a screen pop up showing which of your players have retired?  Instead you have to go through your roster and see who’s vanished.

I miss soundtracks that are even halfway bearable.

it’s just sad how far this game has fallen.

100% agree, but I guarantee we will never see a character rating.   Holdouts shouldn't be a big deal, but again, the NFL probably wouldn't allow that either.  

Ive said for years and years that franchise will never be good until they make coaches matter much more.  Im okay not being able to hire position coaches (although Id definitely like it), but HC, OC, DC, scouts and training staff should all be hirable and have a major impact on all aspects of a team.  I was never a huge fan of retired players coming back to coach.  I dont mind seeing it for some players, but Id prefer new coaches added to the coaching pool every year much like rookies in the draft.  For instance, have a few former players, a few coaches who were former college coaches or NFL assistants, and hide many of their coaching ratings.  Have coaches that can be busts and ones that can be hidden gems, just like players.

I'll stop there since all of this us moot.  This stuff will never be in the game.  Ive accepted that.

PS...they dont have a retired players section right after the season ends anymore?  If so, what a ******* joke.

Edited by 43M

5 hours ago, 43M said:

PS...they dont have a retired players section right after the season ends anymore?  If so, what a ******* joke.

Unless I’m missing something, no they don’t have that.  They have the “news headlines” section you can go to, but even then it’s not all retirements and still a pain in the *** to sort through.

1 minute ago, CBears019 said:

Unless I’m missing something, no they don’t have that.  They have the “news headlines” section you can go to, but even then it’s not all retirements and still a pain in the *** to sort through.

They always had it in the past...but I wouldn't be shocked if they took it out.  

look at what 2k is doing ..WNBA now has a better franchise mode than the NFL lol

Fully customizable. Multi-season. WNBA Franchise mode. This is MyWNBA!

As soon as we were done with NBA 2K20, we knew right away what our first goal for NBA 2K21 would be and got to work on building that foundation for league control and progression for the WNBA. You now have the sandbox to go and create the league of your dreams. Control all 12 teams, or take your favorite team from the lottery to championship rings over as many seasons as it takes.

When I say fully customizable, this is what I mean:

• Create a league of your own. From rules, to finances, CBA, draft, and everything in between. Use 2K presets for a different experience, or download shared settings from the community.
  • Skip the season altogether and get straight to the playoffs in Playoff mode.
  • Want to play with friends? Got you covered with Online Leagues.
  • Turn on role playing elements to experience the WNBA from a GM’s perspective.
  • For experienced players, up the difficulty and compete on the leaderboard.
  • Once you find yourself immersed in your sandbox, save and upload your custom configuration so you can share what you built with the community!

https://www.operationsports.com/nba-2k21-next-gen-features-wnba-myplayer-experience-fully-customizable-wnba-franchise-mode-online-leagues-much-more/

Edited by August4th
  • Like 2

@RaidersAreOne I’m glad you’re enjoying it, I think an Online League is the only possible way to enjoy the game these days. I ran the biggest league on PS3 with Madden 10, 11, and 12. Had all 32 teams and a waiting list. I remember M10 was a b**** cause there was no “assign win” feature in case someone didn’t show up. And M11 was broken. Fumbles and glitches galore. M12 was a decent installment though. That was the last decent Madden game. The franchise was called The PS3 Franchise. 

I skipped 13, 25, 15, and 16, although played them at other peoples houses sometimes. All horrific games. Bought 17, 18, 19, and 20, but all bad games as well. Skipping 21, and 22. Will buy 23 on PS5 (third party) if they have improved franchise mode. 

M10 and M12 were solid PS3 installments, what I mean by “solid” is, they were at least average games. M11, and M13 and onwards all terrible. Frostbite is a terrible engine which they installed on M13 and onwards. And they have ignored Franchise Mode since PS2 days. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

I had no idea they made Madden and NCAA on PS2 all the way up to Madden 12 and NCAA 11. Wow. I thought it stopped with Madden 07 and NCAA 08. 

Just ordered Madden 11 and NCAA 11 for PS2 so I can play franchise for both and do draft classes. Unlike the PS3 version, I have read Madden 11 is not broken for PS2. Madden 06-12 for PS2 is the exact same gameplay. And same exact PS2 great Franchise Mode. 

I read NCAA 11 is actually really good for PS2, and it’s rare apparently with only 300,000 copies made. Had to pay $40 for it. Got M11 for $6 though. 

Edited by BayRaider

17 hours ago, BayRaider said:

@RaidersAreOne I’m glad you’re enjoying it, I think an Online League is the only possible way to enjoy the game these days. I ran the biggest league on PS3 with Madden 10, 11, and 12. Had all 32 teams and a waiting list. I remember M10 was a b**** cause there was no “assign win” feature in case someone didn’t show up. And M11 was broken. Fumbles and glitches galore. M12 was a decent installment though. That was the last decent Madden game. The franchise was called The PS3 Franchise. 

I skipped 13, 25, 15, and 16, although played them at other peoples houses sometimes. All horrific games. Bought 17, 18, 19, and 20, but all bad games as well. Skipping 21, and 22. Will buy 23 on PS5 (third party) if they have improved franchise mode. 

M10 and M12 were solid PS3 installments, what I mean by “solid” is, they were at least average games. M11, and M13 and onwards all terrible. Frostbite is a terrible engine which they installed on M13 and onwards. And they have ignored Franchise Mode since PS2 days. 

Madden 12 is really the only Madden since the PS2 mid 2000's Maddens that I really got into for any extended period.    I was so excited about Madden after 12 because, even though it needed work, it was headed in the right direction, both in terms of gameplay and franchise.

Then Madden 13 happened and ruined everything, and its been a trainwreck ever since.

• Like 1