Madden 21

17 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Does his character also come with a superbowl ring, jeez. 

Anyway, see EA are giving this out for free trials now? They've never done this to my knowledge. They're suffering - it's working to an extent

Yes I think more people boycotted M21 than ever before and we really made a dent. Heck, I think a lot of people tried the game with EA’s trial thing and were like nope! There’s a reason Madden is like the only game that hasn’t done a demo in 6+ years, they know nobody would buy the game after the demo! 

Honestly, we should all boycott M22 as well and keep making a dent. Unless gameplay is 5x better and more sim style (Madden gameplay has been arcadey as hell since M11, M10 was the last true sim style gameplay) AND Franchise mode is equal or GREATER than Madden 2005-07 on PS2. Let’s face facts, those things aren’t gonna happen, so we should all boycott again. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

The 3 Colts players who opted out of 2020 because or COVID concerns are listed on the injury report as Complete PCL tear. So they didn’t add an additional injury designation for that. All of their lengths are different too (24, 33 and 43 weeks) 

Do you understand the kind of manpower it would take to add a new injury designation?

That’s not a single digits minutes thing, that’s 10 whole minutes.

What do you think EA has dollar trees growing out in the backyard of its headquarters?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Outpost31 said:

Do you understand the kind of manpower it would take to add a new injury designation?

That’s not a single digits minutes thing, that’s 10 whole minutes.

What do you think EA has dollar trees growing out in the backyard of its headquarters?

Hey, let’s just be clear. I have no expectations. I didn’t pay for this game. I used my Speedway Speedy Rewards points to get PS Store credit to buy the game. 

Colts don’t have a FB on their roster so I went to see if there were any decent FBs available. No free agent FBs. In fact 3 other teams don’t have FBs and two teams have 2 each because of IR. So the game only has a pool of 30 FBs 

Add to that Kaepernick isn’t on the roster update that I started my franchise from. So I didn’t have to do my little manipulation of his rating. 

17 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Hey, let’s just be clear. I have no expectations. I didn’t pay for this game. I used my Speedway Speedy Rewards points to get PS Store credit to buy the game. 

Colts don’t have a FB on their roster so I went to see if there were any decent FBs available. No free agent FBs. In fact 3 other teams don’t have FBs and two teams have 2 each because of IR. So the game only has a pool of 30 FBs 

Add to that Kaepernick isn’t on the roster update that I started my franchise from. So I didn’t have to do my little manipulation of his rating. 

Unfortunately that's still a sale for EA 

• Like 1

Is this the worst rated video game of all time? I think the lowest rated ever are Superman N64, Madden 19, Madden 20, and Madden 21. And 21 might surpass Superman N64 as worst video game in human history.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-11-at-4-24-42-PM.png

None of those reviews are bots either. I actually read through most of them and they are very detailed user reviews.

• Like 1

So finally ran into the reason this is so hated, it’s a free play weekend for it on Xbox so I figured I’d finish out the face of the franchise I started with the 10 hour trial.... I finish it, reached the GOAT status, passed Brady in the Hall of Fame list, get to the final scene...no audio, then it just ends with a screen. Like how did that get past testing? Not to mention the glitches/laziness in the games. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BayRaider said:

Is this the worst rated video game of all time? I think the lowest rated ever are Superman N64, Madden 19, Madden 20, and Madden 21. And 21 might surpass Superman N64 as worst video game in human history.

Screen-Shot-2020-09-11-at-4-24-42-PM.png

None of those reviews are bots either. I actually read through most of them and they are very detailed user reviews.

Maybe not bots, but Im willing to bet a lot of haters.

Lets be honest....as much as I loathe EA and what Madden has become, the games is better than 0.2.    Most people are rating it 0 because they are fed up with the game not improving.  I would rate it 0 too for that exact reason.

0.2 is more reflective of how much the game has improved.   The game itself is probably a 4 or 5.

24 minutes ago, 43M said:

Maybe not bots, but Im willing to bet a lot of haters.

Lets be honest....as much as I loathe EA and what Madden has become, the games is better than 0.2.    Most people are rating it 0 because they are fed up with the game not improving.  I would rate it 0 too for that exact reason.

0.2 is more reflective of how much the game has improved.   The game itself is probably a 4 or 5.

Probably a 2/10. From what I have seen: Broken gameplay, arcade gameplay, horrible horrible unplayable franchise mode, etc. 

I rated it a 0 because I’m a fed up as well, but my real rating would of been a 2. 

All these sports games that are yearly releases have all basically had a 8+ year development cycle (if we start with the PS4/XB1 releases), with massive AAA studio budgets/resources, yearly opportunities for feedback and improvement, and are made by the most experienced developers in the world. They should be nearly perfect masterpieces of gaming. 

They are also very simple games. They don't need to develop full worlds with characters and lore, write scripts, record voice acting, research historical characters, etc.. Just re-create a game with simple rules. 

Imagine if a studio like Bethesda or CD Projeckt Red, or even Ubisoft with all the detail they put into their massive open world games was given 8 years and massive funding to develop a sports game. The stadiums would be detailed down to the urinals. You would be able to manage your coaching staff down to the marketing interns. Draft prospects would each have a 1,000 word backstory. 

The hardest part of making these types of games is the physics engine, and EA outsources that part! Since 2016-2017, both Madden and FIFA stopped using the EA Ignite engine and now use the Frostbite engine (Microsoft). 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

All these sports games that are yearly releases have all basically had a 8+ year development cycle (if we start with the PS4/XB1 releases), with massive AAA studio budgets/resources, yearly opportunities for feedback and improvement, and are made by the most experienced developers in the world. They should be nearly perfect masterpieces of gaming. 

They are also very simple games. They don't need to develop full worlds with characters and lore, write scripts, record voice acting, research historical characters, etc.. Just re-create a game with simple rules. 

Imagine if a studio like Bethesda or CD Projeckt Red, or even Ubisoft with all the detail they put into their massive open world games was given 8 years and massive funding to develop a sports game. The stadiums would be detailed down to the urinals. You would be able to manage your coaching staff down to the marketing interns. Draft prospects would each have a 1,000 word backstory. 

The hardest part of making these types of games is the physics engine, and EA outsources that part! Since 2016-2017, both Madden and FIFA stopped using the EA Ignite engine and now use the Frostbite engine (Microsoft). 

Its a scam, anymore.   Back when numerous studios made games for each sport, it was legit.    Since each sport only has one game made by one studio, they have monopolized these games and instead of adapting to what fans want, they try to force fans to adapt to them and accept their lack of effort and greedy tactics.   The added ability to monetize different areas of the game has allowed them to exploit gamers....especially younger ones.

One of the biggest reasons I hate EA is the "short development cycle" excuse you alluded to.   I get even more annoyed when fanboys try to justify it.   The main reasons its BS are...

1) As you stated, 8, 10, 12...25 "short"  development cycles is more than enough time to make a great football game.   Incompetence and greed are the real reasons the game sucks now.

2)   They CHOOSE to release the game EVERY YEAR.   Sports games dont HAVE to be an annual anymore with the ability to release patches and DLC.    They could easily release the game every 2 or 3 years with patches and a roster update DLC released in between.   They get away with it because a lot of people still foolishly pay full price every PLUS spend money on laughable microtransactions.

3)  They dont actually IMPROVE the game every year.   They dont build upon good things and fix the flaws.   Some of the same flaws have existed for over a decade.    Madden 12 was headed in the right direction, both in terms of gameplay and franchise.   13 went backwards in every way, and its stagnated ever since.

AND THE BIGGEST REASON I HATE THE SHORT DEVELOPMENT CYCLE EXCUSE...

4)  You cant cry about a short development cycle WHEN YOU CHARGE THE FULL $60 EVERY F#<KING YEAR!!!!   Incredible games in development for 3+ years charge the same price, and we are supposed to accept that short development garbage when it charges the same price? 

Ugh....EA is such a dumpster fire.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Heimdallr said:

Wow EA doesn’t even program the only hard part to program, being the physics engine? Everything else is very simple programming. 

How are they even allowed to continue? 

Since it's free this weekend. I played it a little bit. Some things I noticed quickly, the players move like they are on ice on defense. Usering a player in the secondary is really tough to do. It seemed like there was a delay from when I was trying to do something on defense than my player actually doing it. Playing as a DL is insanely over powered this year with "new" movement and controls.

Offense was pretty much the same. Crossing routes for days. Speed kills. Etc.