Madden 21

Passed this year. Bought Madden the past four years (off eBay though, won’t give EA a dime), same exact game every year and stealing peoples money. M21 looks like the same game yet again with a 1.3/10 Metacritic Review Score. And people that defend with the “All Sports Games are Repetitive“ argument, that’s not the point. The point is the game is completely barebones in general AND repetitive every year. 

I might buy M22 (eBay) because I wanna stay up to date and it’s the only football game, but I’m not buying this year 100%. 

EA is trash, if ANY company was allowed to make an NFL game, literally ANY company, doesn’t even have to be 2K, then Madden sales would go down 60-70% and eventually disbanded within three-four years. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, 43M said:

Backbreaker never felt or looked finished.  It had some nice things about it, but much like All Pro 2K8, it was a half hearted attempt. And dont get me wrong....I get it.    The NFL license on its own will pull most people towards Madden...and EA knows that.

However, NOW, more than ever, I think fans would be willing to go another direction for a great football game, even if it wasnt NFL licensed.   It will never happen, because no one would want to take the financial risk of making a great football game without the NFL license,,,,but I think alot of people would be interested and it COULD be successful if it looked like a better overall offering than Madden.

But yeah, it will never happen.    Its sad.

Screw Madden and the NFL.   

Spot on 100%, word for word. 

I’d buy a 2K Football game that wasn’t NFL Licensed in a heartbeat. Even if you can’t Mod it, I just wanna play a REAL Football Video Game. Something Madden is not. Madden isn’t much better than a Mobile Phone Game, which they charge $60 for. Complete and utter garbage. 

Edited by BayRaider
  • Like 1

Just seen a YT of someone running NOTHING but Slants. Every drive - Slants. Not even a variation, it's the same playcall.

He scores on every single drive. Either a TD or settles for FG  but the AI cannot stop slants, it cannot adapt, it does not learn.

Madden has been telling us for years that the engine adapts to your plays and makes adjustments. BS!

Edited by Hunter2_1
  • Like 2

49 minutes ago, Hunter2_1 said:

Just seen a YT of someone running NOTHING but Slants. Every drive - Slants. Not even a variation, it's the same playcall.

He scores on every single drive. Either a TD or settles for FG  but the AI cannot stop slants, it cannot adapt, it does not learn.

Madden has been telling us for years that the engine adapts to your plays and makes adjustments. BS!

The ability to defend slants will be a revolutionary new feature in Madden 22.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Why wasn't he already in the game? He's a free agent.

Have to love the virtue signaling of making him an 81 when his last year of actually being in Madden was a 74. He improved dramatically not playing.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The AI has had the same exact logic FOR YEARS. I still remember last year (or was it the year before?) when they said they made certain coaches/playbooks play differently depending on the situation? Nope. All lies. The CPU still does the same garbage over and over and over and over again.

Down by 30 with 5 minutes left in the 4th Q? Better punt on 4th and 1 from mid field.

Have the ball with 45 seconds left in the half and it's 2nd and 12? Better run, run, punt!

It's so bad.

13 hours ago, 43M said:

The ability to defend slants will be a revolutionary new feature in Madden 22.

"With our all new AI adaptability feature, the CPU will now react to plays being ran more than once!"

11 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Knowing EA, that will mean they will completely lose the ability to cover out routes because they focus on slants.

Yep, exactly.

5 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I just don't understand the 81 overall rating, like at all.

So Kaep is back in the game and a big 81 Rating. 

My response in another thread:

81 Rating? This guy was a 75 Rating and listed as the Niners Backup in M17 and now hes a 81....? Lmao. This is purely political. Glad I already boycotted Madden this year, especially with its 1.3/10 Metacritic Rating.