Madden 21

5 hours ago, Hunter2_1 said:

The Yard and Superstar KO look lame af. 

Superstar KO just proves that MUT is their bread and butter right now.  You can essentially wager your best player in a match against someone else, like playing poker or something similar.  More depth goes to MUT while franchise is the same, as that video points out.  

game is clearly marketed towards teenager/kids. The imagery I'm seeing from the dance moves/The Yard/superstar KO is reminding me of Fortnite.

its annoying knowing EA has the resources, where they can cater to everyone(players who just want to have a fun casual experience and people who want to play a NFL simulator) but the refuse to do it.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, THE DUKE said:

Take Franchise mode back to Madden 2005 and then whatever few things have worked in the last 15 years, add them in.

Or or.... hear me out. 

Put everything into mut. Add a 1 thing that doesn't work very well into franchise then instead of expanding on it, remove it. Then 5 years later add it back and act like it's some brand new innovative thing..... then when it doesn't work well again wash rinse repeat. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, naptownskinsfan said:

Superstar KO just proves that MUT is their bread and butter right now.  You can essentially wager your best player in a match against someone else, like playing poker or something similar.  More depth goes to MUT while franchise is the same, as that video points out.  

Superstar KO has nothing to do with MUT.

Not saying for EA MUT or literally any Ultimate Team is what they focus on because they sure do. Besides that for some odd reason they prefer to focus on flashy new mode like The Yard and Superstar KO instead of putting the budget to Franchise. 

Edited by Justone2

4 hours ago, I <3 Faulk said:

Or or.... hear me out. 

Put everything into mut. Add a 1 thing that doesn't work very well into franchise then instead of expanding on it, remove it. Then 5 years later add it back and act like it's some brand new innovative thing..... then when it doesn't work well again wash rinse repeat. 

Their exclusivity deal is for simulation football. Anyone can do arcade mode. They can do every other game mode without simulation. They can’t do Franchise mode without simulation. Unfortunately they think they’re doing us a favor by keeping franchise a thing. 

3 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Their exclusivity deal is for simulation football. Anyone can do arcade mode. They can do every other game mode without simulation. They can’t do Franchise mode without simulation. Unfortunately they think they’re doing us a favor by keeping franchise a thing. 

They need to lose their license.

• Like 4

It's super corny, but I do get a kick out of the Face of the franchise mode.
What I played in the 10 hour trial was kinda fun. Really moves you through your career well within a narrative, nice that they whittle down the sheer number of games a lot.

1 hour ago, Hunter2_1 said:

What is MUT, please?

I literally only ever play franchise mode in sports games.

Madden Ultimate Team

The mode where you assemble a deck of cards (that are players) and use that team to play through challenges to collect better cards/players to strengthen your team to take on better challenges or take on other people’s  MUT squads 

51 minutes ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Madden Ultimate Team

The mode where you assemble a deck of cards (that are players) and use that team to play through challenges to collect better cards/players to strengthen your team to take on better challenges or take on other people’s  MUT squads 

OK, thank you.

I'll give that a miss. lol

• Like 2

Shouldve been the other way around.

Madden should gotten the arcadish football stuff and MUT, while 2K shouldve gotten sim.

Seriously, what would have changed much?  Madden is already pretty arcadish, and they wouldve gotten to focus on MUT....while 2K couldve possibly delivered the sim experience so many want.

Its almost as if EA likes spitting in the face of hardcore foitball fans who love franchise.

Still, I think I hate the NFL more at this point than EA.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Wyld Stallyns said:

Madden Ultimate Team

Also worth noting you never have to play against other people in MUT. You can simply build your team, do Solos (or the weekly Solo Challenges) and go that route. That's usually how I play the game each year, and find it more relaxing and fun than trying to sweat against some 11 year old running the same 2 plays all game long who bought his entire team using his mom's credit card.

Edited by AFlaccoSeagulls
  • Like 1