Madden 21

2 minutes ago, 43M said:

Not knocking you for enjoying it...but Im not entirely sure how you enjoy this games franchise mode MORE than years past when nothing has really changed aside from the addition of customizable draft classes and a few other forgettable changes.

Thats the entire reason #FixFranchiseMode was trending....because hardly anything has changed since the implementation of Connected Careers all the way back in M13.

Three main reasons.  1) Their biggest competition in sports sim was NBA 2k, and that has completely flopped in GM mode 2 years in a row.  2) The draft classes are a lot better now than they were a few years ago.  3) The X factor abilities added a new wrinkle that really enhanced the experience for me.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, theJ said:

Couldn't have said it better.

I definitely don't feel bad for the dude, but these loot boxes are gambling that do victimize people in the same way lottery tickets do.

Micro is going to stay, but they have to get rid of the loot boxes and instead just let people the exact things they want.  Sales will go down, but cry me a river.  Maybe i'd feel bad if they released a good game every once in a while.

If adults want to do this, so be it....but they are literally getting kids addicted to gambling and there is zero warning or protection from the companies or ESRB.   Not sure how they keep getting away with this.   Just paying off the right people, I guess.

39 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

I sparked a little debate on Twitter when suggesting Madden makes two games. One for MUT and one for Franchise. What do you all think?

Wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't feel its necessary because I dont think they would put more resources towards the games.   I feel like they would just break the team up and we would still have the exact same issues.

It would be cool if they let EA Tiburon do Madden for the casual/MUT players and then had a completely new studio work on Madden for sim/franchise fans....but that won't happen.   EA is all about minimal effort and maximum profit.  Unless they can figure out a way to bleed money from people in franchise mode, dont expect major changes...  😩

Edited by 43M
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, 43M said:

Wouldn't be opposed to it, but I don't feel its necessary because I dont think they would put more resources towards the games.   I feel like they would just break the team up and we would still have the exact same issues.

It would be cool if they let EA Tiburon do Madden for the casual/MUT players and then had a completely new studio work on Madden for sim/franchise fans....but that won't happen.   EA is all about minimal effort and maximum profit.  Unless they can figure out a way to bleed money from people in franchise mode, dont expect major changes...  😩

Yeah, I was figuring there would be two separate teams. Like each game would be $30 to start. It could be really interesting but I agree it won't happen because of the money trail.

26 minutes ago, biggio7 said:

Yeah, I was figuring there would be two separate teams. Like each game would be $30 to start. It could be really interesting but I agree it won't happen because of the money trail.

That $30 per game idea would never fly.   Pretty sure thats a big reason why the NFL/EA exclusive deal happened.    I think the NFL got heated that 2K only charged $20 for 2K5, and basically broke the trend of sports games costing $50-60 annually.     This opened the door for EA and the NFL to exploit NFL fans and gamers year after year with low effort sports titles.

Can you imagine if that trend was allowed to continue and the norm for sports games annually was only $20-30 per year as opposed to $50-60?

The videogame market nor the greedy sports leagues could allow 2K (which was owned by Sega at the time) to show gamers that quality sports games could be produced and released annually for half the price.     

If they were to release separate games for franchise and MUT, I guarantee, both would be $60 and overloaded with microtransactions.   

• Like 1

Almost ashamed to say it, but this will be the first Madden in a long time that I won't be getting at launch. I'm not sure I will buy it since I have EA Access or whatever it's called, and I think Madden usually goes on there around 5 months after it comes out. 

Nothing new in franchise mode just killed the game for me. Plus no pre-season/ limited training camp has me at my lowest excitement for football in forever

• Like 4

44 minutes ago, 43M said:

That $30 per game idea would never fly.   Pretty sure thats a big reason why the NFL/EA exclusive deal happened.    I think the NFL got heated that 2K only charged $20 for 2K5, and basically broke the trend of sports games costing $50-60 annually.     This opened the door for EA and the NFL to exploit NFL fans and gamers year after year with low effort sports titles.

Can you imagine if that trend was allowed to continue and the norm for sports games annually was only $20-30 per year as opposed to $50-60?

The videogame market nor the greedy sports leagues could allow 2K (which was owned by Sega at the time) to show gamers that quality sports games could be produced and released annually for half the price.     

If they were to release separate games for franchise and MUT, I guarantee, both would be $60 and overloaded with microtransactions.   

I agree. It was cool when 2K was cheaper. I just read that next gen games might be standard at $70 and it's "justified". But, it doesn't make any sense to me really. They are just trying to suck out as much as they could cause they think people will still buy? They might be right, I guess. Digital copies should be cheaper anyway because there is no production of discs, packing, shipping, etc.

1 hour ago, biggio7 said:

I agree. It was cool when 2K was cheaper. I just read that next gen games might be standard at $70 and it's "justified". But, it doesn't make any sense to me really. They are just trying to suck out as much as they could cause they think people will still buy? They might be right, I guess. Digital copies should be cheaper anyway because there is no production of discs, packing, shipping, etc.

I dont NECESSARILY have an issue with $70 for triple A titles that took years to develop and have alot to offer.

I have a MAJOR issue with sports titles and other annual releases being $70.    Its exploitative and they know it.      Thats why Ive pretty much stopped buying sports games altogether.     I refuse to support that practice when they damn well know the game isnt worth $70 EVERY year.   

Hell, I wouldnt even pay $20 for Madden at this point.    I might pay $8 for a used version where the money doesnt go to them. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, 43M said:

I dont NECESSARILY have an issue with $70 for triple A titles that took years to develop and have alot to offer.

I have a MAJOR issue with sports titles and other annual releases being $70.    Its exploitative and they know it.      Thats why Ive pretty much stopped buying sports games altogether.     I refuse to support that practice when they damn well know the game isnt worth $70 EVERY year.   

Hell, I wouldnt even pay $20 for Madden at this point.    I might pay $8 for a used version where the money doesnt go to them. 

Not to mention sports game devalue almost immediately after release. 

• Like 2